V for Vendetta

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
rebel_lion
Mar 20 2006 01:07
V for Vendetta

Is it on in Brum?

Anyone seen it yet?

Anyone want to go see it as a WMA "film & discussion" thing?

(even tho it'll probably suck, but at least we, or those of us who have read the book, can discuss *why* it sucks... and you never know, it *might* not...)

Spartacus's picture
Spartacus
Mar 20 2006 13:18

i imagine it is on in brum. i would like to see it, even though jonathan ross said there was nothing good about it whatsoever, and he's generally pretty spot on about films. unfortunately i don't have time this week cos i've got an essay to do, so can't join a collective film going...

rebel_lion
Mar 20 2006 13:56

i was thinking (and stupidly didn't post last night, cos i was knackered and hung over) that we could do a stall outside the cinema when it was on or something. but since the premiere was (presumably) last thursday or friday, that might be a bit pointless now... i'll start a thread for "gigs and events to do stalls at" tho...

davethemagicweasel
Mar 20 2006 15:07

The premiere was on Friday - quite a few people from Food Not Bombs were on their way to see it on Saturday so they should know if its any good.

I'm busy with an assignment this week as well. But apparently the politics have been completely stripped out of it and the result is a massive pile of shit. Shame.