Agenda 21/4/06

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ghost_Of_Durruti
Apr 19 2006 18:14
Agenda 21/4/06

Can we start a list for this week's agenda?

To kick things off I propose;

> Mayday stall Brum; literature (black-stars, pamphlets etc), who's coming, times etc

> Mayday (proper) events

> Upcoming elections

> Usual stalls, gigs etc

> A.O.B

rebel_lion
Apr 19 2006 19:31

possible thing for agenda: meeting the leamington/warwick ppl (who will rather conveniently be at my birthday party on sat 29th, which rather unconveniently is the same weekend as beats not bombs, but i'm poss having a bbq in the afternoon if weather is nice, so should be poss to do both)...

Lab Rat's picture
Lab Rat
Apr 20 2006 15:39

im there fool Mr. T

Vaneigemappreci...
Apr 20 2006 17:27

thats the same date as the Mayday events at Carrs lane dude, whens the bbq gonna be, early or late afternoon?

Spartacus's picture
Spartacus
Apr 20 2006 19:35

won't be coming to this, cos i'm still in gloucestershire. btw, at the next discussion meeting thing after mayday i think we should discuss exactly what the purpose of this group is, and it's structure. nothing madly beaurocratic or anything, just a formal structure for decision making, rotation of secretary and chair, so that we can have it on the website, then people know exactly what they're getting involved with. most of it's there already semi-formally, i just think we should discuss it and have it up clearly to give us direction and suchlike...

Lab Rat's picture
Lab Rat
Apr 21 2006 10:33

actually i have to go back to germany next week for a funeral. i might not be around for all the mayday stuff. sorry guys.

rebel_lion
Apr 21 2006 15:04
Vaneigemappreciationclub wrote:
thats the same date as the Mayday events at Carrs lane dude, whens the bbq gonna be, early or late afternoon?

Bollocks, i'd forgotten about that. Er, prob late afternoon-early evening-ish, ie while it's still light outside, but prob no earlier than 5...

Ghost_Of_Durruti
Apr 21 2006 17:22

My fuck- up; Just assumed there was a meeting tonight, didn't bother to check whether anyone would be about for it. embarrassed

Will people be around later in week to meet n discuss mayday stuff?

rebel_lion
Apr 22 2006 12:34

so my trip to brum was wasted last night then...

went to the usual pub only to find there was someone's wedding party there then phoned WTY and he didn't know about it... couldnt get thru to anyone else so i wandered about brum for a bit and went home... sad

i vote we have a meeting on tues or wed this week...

Vaneigemappreci...
Apr 22 2006 13:32

we'll get a meeting sorted for this week to organise everything for Mayday. What day is good for everyone? I can only really do thurs or friday. It neednt be anything too significant, just to ensure we have all the material that we need for Carrs Lane....including a couple of tables!

davethemagicweasel
Apr 22 2006 20:27

One thing that may be worth mentioning is that No Borders are planning a demo outside the Home Office Building in Solihull on Friday at noon - in support of hunger striking detainees.

I've only heard about it via the fnb list so don't know too many details at the moment, but the more the merrier.

The next No Borders meeting is apparently on the Thursday, so maybe friday would be better for a wma meeting?

rebel_lion
Apr 23 2006 15:53

i don't really want to do friday cos i'll be sorting out my house for the party, but i can if necessary. tues, wed or thurs would be preferable tho...

Ghost_Of_Durruti
Apr 23 2006 16:02

Can cmrds make Thursday then?

Also, given as there wont be much time between the meeting and doing the actual stall, can we try and sort out a few things before hand, e.g

Tables - do we have any? or do we need to nick 'em from FnB people?

Flag(s) - I hear there's a red n black star one floating around

Literature - ordered I believe

Black Stars - can anyone photocopy the last 2 at work?

Lab Rat's picture
Lab Rat
Apr 23 2006 18:52

Flag(s) - I hear there's a red n black star one floating around

yeah, i believe thats mine wink

Vaneigemappreci...
Apr 24 2006 17:46

yeah someones bound to have lab rats red n black star flag, most probably not lab rat though!

The last black star needs a couple of errors rectifying (get a move on WTY!), i have a couple of copies of Workers Councils and a couple of Anarcho Syndicalism, Theory and Practice. Also got those Council Housing leaflets, hopefully some Resistance, Stuff your Boss and maybe if we're really lucky some Antifa stickers and even a pamphlet. Have people got any other bits n peices that they could bring along. We could always raid waterstones and pick up a bit of Noam if need be, though i'm sure that theyll be plenty of that to tax from the SWP stalls wink

rebel_lion
Apr 24 2006 21:28

Thurs should be ok for me, tho earliest i can reach Brum will prob be about 730. Having an @ meeting at Warwick Uni on Wed, will hopefully have our "you might be an anarchist if" pamphlet finalised by then...

Ghost_Of_Durruti
Apr 26 2006 08:05

So can we say meeting tomorrow (Thurs.) @ 7.30?

(This is a question, not a statement . Especially after my previous fuck-up)

rebel_lion
Apr 26 2006 22:17

Yes, but i won't spend £4 on a train fare to Brum if i don't hear from at least one other definite person by the time i check my email (approx 5.30) tomoro...

WeTheYouth
Apr 27 2006 11:02

i wont be coming, sorry. Stilll getting catalyst sorted.