DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

24/03/06 Meeting

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
davethemagicweasel
Mar 20 2006 15:17
24/03/06 Meeting

I figured we should start a thread for the next meetings agenda, and would also like to suggest a change in format.

Rather than having what is basically the same agenda every meeting along the lines of:

Stalls

Posters

Black Star

AOB

I think we should focus more on it being an 'action' meeting rather than a 'business' meeting, especially if we're having separate 'discussion' ones as well. So I would like to suggest something like:

When are we doing stalls?

What articles are we writing for the next Black Star?

What are we doing for the 28th March strike?

What are we doing for May Day?

What are we doing for the local elections?

Maybe its a semantic difference, but I think it would focus minds on actually doing something, as opposed to talking about doing something.

Finally, do we have a meeting place sorted out yet? Or are we sticking with the usual for this week?

Vaneigemappreci...
Mar 21 2006 18:35
Quote:

going on strike hopefully!

Apparently theres going to be a demo in Victoria Square so we could get a stall on or something. My work place arent striking but i will be, obviously it may be difficult for all of WMA to strike as some employers may be less sympathetic than others, but as its a strike; bollox to 'em.

I wont be able to get to the next meeting so if someone could print out some agenda's and take minutes thatd be cool.

davethemagicweasel
Mar 22 2006 17:40
Vaneigemappreciationclub wrote:
Quote:

going on strike hopefully!

Apparently theres going to be a demo in Victoria Square so we could get a stall on or something. My work place arent striking but i will be, obviously it may be difficult for all of WMA to strike as some employers may be less sympathetic than others, but as its a strike; bollox to 'em.

I wont be able to get to the next meeting so if someone could print out some agenda's and take minutes thatd be cool.

I'd love to strike on the 28th, but since that's the easter holiday I can't sad

Lab Rat's picture
Lab Rat
Mar 22 2006 21:04

sure i'll strike wink

gawkrodger
Mar 22 2006 21:59
Lab Rat wrote:
sure i'll strike :wink:

i think a strike for you should actually entail you doing some work! wink

Lab Rat's picture
Lab Rat
Mar 23 2006 01:06

yep. i can strik all day me.

by the way, im bookin a show for bruce banner on the 19th. guess you might dig that stuff.