Newcastle/Tyneside Anarchist Group

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
vanilla.ice.baby
Feb 14 2011 17:54
Newcastle/Tyneside Anarchist Group

Anyone in Newcastle or the Tyneside area (or indeed Sunderland etc) interested in joining a class struggle anarchist/libertarian communist group pm me or email newcastleanarchistgroup**@gmail.com (delete the little asterisk things), meetings are currently underway to discuss working together.

playinghob's picture
playinghob
Feb 20 2011 15:51

Why do folk always stick Sunderland on as an appendage or some kind of after thought? Why is it that even revolutionaries even see Sunderland as playing second fiddle to Newcastle? Sunderland is actually a larger city population wise.

Back in the late 70's early 80's our group encompassed the whole region and went under the name of Tyne & Wear Anarchist Group (TWAG); we also had a Tyne & Wear DAM. TWAG had around 6 regular activists in Sunderland, a similar number in Gateshead, the same in Newcastle and a member out in Blyth. TWAG would also regularly link up with comrades in Middlesbrough and Darlington.

flaneur's picture
flaneur
Feb 20 2011 16:06

It's the Newcastle inferiority complex innit. Like the Russian proverb, the empty barrel rattles loudest laugh out loud

bulmer's picture
bulmer
Feb 20 2011 17:51

Good luck with this. Its about time the class struggle anarchists/libertarian communists got organised again up there! Just wish this could of happened when I was up that way smile

radicalgraffiti
Feb 20 2011 22:40

i know there is at least one afed member in that area, so anarchists/communists in that area may also be interested in contacting us

vanilla.ice.baby
Feb 21 2011 20:41
playinghob wrote:
Why do folk always stick Sunderland on as an appendage or some kind of after thought? Why is it that even revolutionaries even see Sunderland as playing second fiddle to Newcastle? Sunderland is actually a larger city population wise.

Back in the late 70's early 80's our group encompassed the whole region and went under the name of Tyne & Wear Anarchist Group (TWAG); we also had a Tyne & Wear DAM. TWAG had around 6 regular activists in Sunderland, a similar number in Gateshead, the same in Newcastle and a member out in Blyth. TWAG would also regularly link up with comrades in Middlesbrough and Darlington.

Because in this case we're all based in Newcastle at the moment, however people in the other areas I mentioned are welcome to get involved until we can help them set their own group up.

Local Afed and Solfed members are already involved in the conversations, as are ex TWAG people.

Refused's picture
Refused
Feb 23 2011 22:50

What about ex-TSGs? sad

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Feb 24 2011 02:07

What about the Tyne and Wear anarchist Trust? I hear they were an open and receptive group

vanilla.ice.baby
Feb 24 2011 21:06
Refused wrote:
What about ex-TSGs? :(

All of them except one who fucked off to London are involved.

vanilla.ice.baby
Feb 24 2011 21:07
jef costello wrote:
What about the Tyne and Wear anarchist Trust? I hear they were an open and receptive group

Absorbed into North East Autonomous Classwar

Refused's picture
Refused
Feb 25 2011 00:13
vanilla.ice.baby wrote:
Refused wrote:
What about ex-TSGs? :(

All of them except one who fucked off to London are involved.

What a dick. angry

btw, call yourselves "N.A.G." or I'll hate you forever.

vanilla.ice.baby
Feb 27 2011 17:55

NAG is currently the favourite proposed name grin

alan on tyneside
Apr 14 2011 08:05

Comrades, I know everyone is busy, but could you take a look at your email, (and maybe send me a reply? smile )

Seymour
Aug 30 2011 17:18

Hi check out Teesside Anarchist Federation Facebook page!

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Aug 30 2011 17:47

Aha! Then perhaps I can entice you with a Solidarity Federation talk being held in Newcastle on Saturday 10th September?

Check out solfedtour2011@gmail.com and this will redirect you to the site we set up for it.

Come along - it'd be great to build links with other anarchists in the North East! red n black star

alan on tyneside
Sep 11 2011 15:18

North East Anarchists:

http://neanarchists.com/index.html

Mr. Jolly's picture
Mr. Jolly
Nov 20 2011 22:01

Heads up folks,

I Want to point people towards a new anarchist initiative launching in Tyneside.

Made up of SolFed, AFed, IWW and other non-aligned class-struggle anarchists. We aim to focus on local community and workplace issues that are both relevant to people's lives and winnable.

http://www.tynesidesolidaritygroup.org.uk

The site will hopefully explain where we are coming from and what we want to achieve. With more in depth articles to appear over the coming weeks. Any interested parties please contact us via the website. We look forward to hearing from you.

On behalf of Tyneside Solidarity Group.