Manchester Activism for Anarchists

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
anarchostudent's picture
anarchostudent
Dec 4 2011 23:06
Manchester Activism for Anarchists

Hi everyone, I'm a college student in town and hoping to get more involved in local activism - the issue is I don't really know how! I couldn't see a IWW or an ASN local for Manchester and have been told that the local SolFed group is pretty dead (not sure how truthful) so have hit a little bit of a brick wall. Would anyone mind giving me some pointers on getting more active, such as groups/campaigns to join?

Thanks.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Dec 4 2011 23:17

Well, only yesterday you've just had the Manchester & Salford Anarchist Bookfair; I'm sure Manchester SolFed isn't dead and I know for certain that the AF is alive and kicking in Manchester.

anarchostudent's picture
anarchostudent
Dec 5 2011 00:01

I unfortunately couldn't make it to the bookfair, which is a shame as I wanted to see all the local groups and such!

wojtek
Dec 5 2011 02:37

Yeah, Manchester Solfed aren't dead. You can contact them via their website here (just change the category to Manchester SF) and presumably the same goes for AF here. I haven't a clue about the IWW tbh.

Theft's picture
Theft
Dec 7 2011 17:53

From my understanding there isn't a local IWW but i have heard that people maybe planning to set one up.