nato criticism

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
acal
Oct 18 2011 14:40
nato criticism

hi,

hope i got the right forum.

i'm searching for nato-critical articles, not about concrete events (eg. yugoslavia, afghanistan), but rather criticism on the nato as an organization itself, from an communist/anarchist perspective. google definately isn't a friend at the moment and most of nato-related topics on here were on certain conflicts.

any help? i'm thinking anti-nato analysis, call outs for anti-nato demos/campaigns etc.

thanks!

radicalgraffiti
Oct 18 2011 15:12

why would anarchists need to criticise nato specifically? nato is a military alliance between states, anarchists are opposed to militarism and states.

baboon
Oct 18 2011 15:23

Why wouldn't they? Because Nato is a military alliance (of sorts) between states and a weapon of imperialism - just like the League of Nations was beforehand. This surely has more than a passing interest for the working class?

On the ICC's website (internationalism. org), there's an article on Nato dated 2009, which looks at its present role and some of its history. It's under the title of "NATO Summit: the weakening of American leadership".

radicalgraffiti
Oct 18 2011 15:37

It seems completely redundant.

rata
Oct 18 2011 16:46

A book on NATO and it's Gladio operation, and strategy of attributing terrorist attacks to the left wing - http://sandiego.indymedia.org/media/2006/10/119640.pdf

acal
Oct 19 2011 05:51

thanks!

yeah, i know why anarchists are against nato. but i'm writing a text about nato that hopefuly will be read by non-anarchists (i mean, there's only about 20 of us where i'm from) aswell people who actually support nato or are unsure about the issue. i ran out of ideas after the usual topics as afghanistan and yugoslavia and although i'm writing it from my own, anarchist, perspective, i don't think that stating the obvious for anarchists, will be enough. that's why i thought i'd ask if there's any anarchist/communist criticism on nato in general. i suppose i could just go with anti-militarism and adjust it to nato but thought to ask here anyway.