Monopolies emerging in a stateless capitalist society.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
PrasingOdinSinceValhallaHadCheddar's picture
PrasingOdinSinc...
Jun 1 2013 13:58
Monopolies emerging in a stateless capitalist society.

I am an Anarchist, I have been talking to a girl who claims to be an Anarchist, yet she maintains capitalism is the only truly free non coercive economic system. What I don't understand is how do so many Anarchists advocate capitalism without seeing that monopoly is inherent in the capitalist system? I tried to argue that with no regulation or state, the supposed corporations that she hates would just reemerge and concentrate wealth and power over the people, I don't understand why people continue to argue that if only the state was gone we would have lots of small businesses and a free market leading to greater liberty?

She also does not agree that wage labour is violent in itself, systemic violence by a system that forces the majority to work for a few with no alternative. She maintains that it is not. I said well autonomous communities could choose a free market or collective economy, she won't have that either, but then the next sentence is the state forces us to be wage slaves, so I am not sure she really understands economics but I don't want to come off as patronizing so I am trying to be like, oh, well I disagree with you, but I just want to smush her face with a creampie.

She also does not seem to understand that the primary revolutionary force is the working class who are diametrically opposed to the ruling class. I keep trying to point out that revolution is not about wearing masks or guns or street fighting like she keeps going on about like a 12 year old but rather the working class seizing control of the means of production. However I feel like I am just regurgitating shit I read when I say this as what do I have to seize, I don't know anyone who is a productive worker, it seems most of the economy in the west is based around service rather than production.

Later we talked about the EDL and she kept calling them fascist, yet I see no evidence of any fascist economic ideas just xenophobic racism and nationalist with no real political ideology. I have tried to get her to go on here and read but she maintains I am not an anarchist because my idea of Anarchism would not enable us to fight countries , how would we make stealth bombers, how would we attack against roving bands of jet fighters?

I told her that was a moronic question, that Anarchism is about a global revolution, a class war, not inter state wars and that why couldn't workers produce stealth bombers, they do it now already, not that we would want to or have need to as revolution is not war it is one class taking control of the means of another to end class society.

Basically I really want to fuck this girl but she constantly wants to debate and I am getting sick of trying to respond to questions like "how will we build tanks if say the french did not want to be anarchist and invade" or "how can you claim to be an anarchist if you don't think anonymous or occupy wallstreet are revolutionary" or "there have never been any communist anarchists, can you name one"

How do you debate sexy but annoying hipster students who say that being a worker or in a union is conforming to the system and the real revolutionary force in society is occupy?

Agent of the International's picture
Agent of the In...
Jun 1 2013 16:02

She's not an anarchist. Its as simple as that. Your debating someone who might as well just call herself a neoconservative. If its your choice to debate her, well, its your fault. Nobody's not forcing you. Bringing her over to our side isn't even necessary; its not going to bring us an inch closer to revolution or anything like that. Anyone with experience debating non lib-commies know that such debates never goes the way you want or expected.

If you like her, your going to have to shove the politics entirely aside.

autogestión
Jun 1 2013 22:36

What, so there's no point in debating with non lib-commies? Isn't it necessary to convince people in order for change to happen?

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Jun 1 2013 22:45

Well, it's fine to debate, but in most cases action precedes consciousness.

Most people have really confused and contradictory politics, but still often act in their class interests. The goal, at least in my opinion anyway, is to get them proactively acting collectively in their workplaces and communities. Then use the space opened up by that struggle to have deeper political conversation--conversations that actually relate to their material existence and are rooted in the practical experiences of solidarity.

autogestión
Jun 1 2013 22:52
Quote:
I don't like her, i just want to be able to fuck her every now and then, but every time we talk its about politics and i end up losing my patience and calling her a mongaloid or some shit. I was hoping for some links or something i could get her to read rather than subjecting me to annoying questions all the time.

Sorry, didn't realise this was the place for pick up advice...

bastarx
Jun 1 2013 23:08

Racist, ableist and sexist all in 2 sentences. I foretell the ban hammer striking soon.

Tyrion's picture
Tyrion
Jun 1 2013 23:27
PrasingOdinSinceValhallaHadCheddar wrote:
autogestión wrote:
Quote:
I don't like her, i just want to be able to fuck her every now and then, but every time we talk its about politics and i end up losing my patience and calling her a mongaloid or some shit. I was hoping for some links or something i could get her to read rather than subjecting me to annoying questions all the time.

Sorry, didn't realise this was the place for pick up advice...

Well i figured that with the radicals history of horizontal recruitment, this would be a great place to find ways to shut dumb sluts up so i can bare their company before i cum inside them and then block them on facebook.

Edit.

I own a macy gray cd so i can't be sexist.

Ironic to see someone complain about some self-identified anarchist not having anarchist views (which she certainly doesn't, from the sound of it) and then post this trash. Are you genuinely so obliviously lacking in self-awareness?

Juan Conatz's picture
Juan Conatz
Jun 2 2013 00:06

Prasing is banned until I can talk to the other admin. I'm not gonna spend my whole Saturday night cleaning up ironic (or unironic?) sexism, antisemitism and trolling.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Jun 2 2013 09:59

Thanks for that Juan. I have no idea what the fuck happened on this thread?!?

Agent of the International's picture
Agent of the In...
Jun 2 2013 12:19

You should let that girl read this thread and see how she feels afterwards.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jun 2 2013 13:56

Prasing

I suspect you are trying to be an ironic/smart Alec/PC bating clever clogs? The trouble is, unless what you say is actually funny and is at least a tiny bit justifiable, it comes over as just plain nasty and makes you seem like a thoroughly unpleasant individual.