Breaking The Pyramid

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yarrow
Jun 19 2008 13:55
Breaking The Pyramid

Just thinking; when versus a large organisation (or small), there must be techniques to facilitate success.

The questions, then, are these:

What areas are amenable?
What factors control them?
How do you make a wage-slave turn his back on his master? (spot the male writer...)

Any thoughts? I will mull this over and churn out a doc.

Shouts to the Pyrates of Stonehenge @)

Yarrow
Jun 19 2008 14:15

and so eloquently too.

thanx 4 the contribution, jack. in it for spite? i'd say you're barely in at all!

Yarrow
Jun 19 2008 14:19

the verbosity and clarity of thought present today truly astound me. it is indeed rare for me to have conversations of this level.

or rather, quit the drink drainbrain @)

cantdocartwheels's picture
cantdocartwheels
Jun 19 2008 14:22

bin

Yarrow
Jun 19 2008 15:12

but seriously, if anyone has an actual response, i'd love to hear it.

lovely day for trolls tho...

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Jun 19 2008 15:25

Look, on the whole you’re talking to normal people here, albeit libertarians. If you want sensible responses, stop talking about ‘breaking the pyramid’ and use everyday language.

Yarrow
Jun 19 2008 15:58

look, it's a title. if i'd called the article 'techniques to facilitate success...' it wouldn't all show on the message board.

personally, i find the metaphor of the pyramid much more everyday. but each to their own.

how about you stop talking about 'sensible responses', and voice one?

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Jun 19 2008 16:02

Success at what? Just success? Go on a business management course.

Fail again btw sad

Yarrow
Jun 19 2008 16:14

no, read the first post. my suggested title is paraphrased from it.

libcom suffers it's share of timewasters, it would seem.

and you think success comes from business management? perhaps short-term unsustainable, yes. but- surprise- that's not what i'm talking about here.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Jun 19 2008 16:23

I read your first post, it’s gibberish. You don’t say what the group/organisation/individual is trying to achieve, who the opposition is etc. You can’t always use one set of tactics, or even one organisational model regardless of circumstance.

Yes libcom has timewasters. Get over it. It also has people who are less forgiving than I am of those who talk bollocks.

No I don’t think success always comes from business management (though in business, it does, hence using it as an example). I was commenting that you aren’t saying what kind of success you want.

Fail angry

Yarrow
Jun 19 2008 16:30

i did not state any of those things, indeed.
the question is open ended, as is any pre-evaluation of results.

it seemed the more sensible way to do things.

gee, people get awful mad here. sorry if i stress you out!

jus chillax...

BillJ
Jun 28 2008 06:40

Yarrow,

You say "when versus a large organisation (or small), there must be techniques to facilitate success."

Why say "large organisation (or small)"? Why not just say "organisation"? Or are you not including medium-sized organizations for some strange reason?

What areas of what are amenable?

What factors control what? The amenable areas? The organization? Both?

How do you make a wage-slave turn his back on his master? Well, if there were a simple answer for that one we probably wouldn't be in this mess wherein these wage-slaves are running around everywhere, would we?

You should really try to express yourself a lot clearer. And your excuse of it being "open-ended" in the style of a "pre-evaluation of results" makes no sense. Ask anyone these questions and the only logical thing they can do is respond with questions because there is no way to know what you're talking about. Maybe the "doc" that you promised will make things clearer... where is it?

Also, my guess is that most people on this board are not overly concerned with figuring out how to go up against specific organizations, but rather a specific social relation.