Meet Lazy Riser and Devrim! libcom.org London drinks: 25 May

224 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ramona's picture
Ramona
May 6 2006 17:20

Can I please direct people's attention to this thread?

http://libcom.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=131913#131913

Thanky.

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
May 6 2006 21:44
lucy82 wrote:
i want to meet revol, oisleep and jeff. i'm met loads of you already. i'd like to meet prob bascially anyone i haven't met already cause its interesting. might see if anyone fancies a trip to london end of may.

Yeah lucy you should come! Im sure someone can put you up if you needed as well...

Choccy's picture
Choccy
May 6 2006 23:26

what the fuck? is revol coming? Revol you never mentioned that!

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
May 6 2006 23:28

Yeah he told me yesterday he was...

Choccy's picture
Choccy
May 6 2006 23:37

sheeit, i may well have to fuck school off then!

Ramona's picture
Ramona
May 7 2006 10:11

Yay! 8)

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
May 8 2006 00:57

LR - Bollocks to you being shy at being mascot. This is your nite! Dev will still have his official drinks nite in Oct where it will be his turn to be embarrassed.

Lucy - If you want to come down for this could put you up. Devrim is staying with me for the May drinks but could put you up also as the LW lair is q. large. I have one double bedroom and one single bedroom and a massive lounge, etc. (Did have a lodger once I sublet to for extra income but wanted to kill him! black bloc He was a v. pretty but overly fastidious gay guy - I would not have finished my tea and he would go to wash up the cup! angry Like Jef says elsewhere about himself I am clean but messy).

Revol - Can even put you up on my sofa if nec. aussi as you are only short. You will fit q. nicely. Aaah!

Much much prefer Jef's N. London suggestion with the large garden than the grotty ol' Waterloo/London Bridge area but will accord with majority view.

lucy82
May 8 2006 06:14
Quote:
If you want to come down for this could put you up. Devrim is staying with me for the May drinks but could put you up also as the LW lair is q. large.

thats very sweet of you, thank you (and to rkn for suggesting it earlier).

would have to look at getting out of work for the thursday and friday then and maybe coming on the coach cause i hate driving in london even though i love driving and have been doing it for yrs. london is full of maddened crazy wheel lunatics. i'll see if its possible.

Lazy Riser's picture
Lazy Riser
May 8 2006 10:10

Hi

LW wrote:
LR - Bollocks to you being shy at being mascot. This is your nite! Dev will still have his official drinks nite in Oct where it will be his turn to be embarrassed.

Fair enough.

Love

LR

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
May 8 2006 10:25

LR can you come dressed like you were in '88?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 8 2006 11:15
rkn wrote:
LR can you come dressed like you were in '88?

Daddy cool 8)

Jack wrote:
I'm taking the Friday off so I don't have to worry about getting too drunk. 8)

Hmmm that's not a bad idea. I might do that. Hmmm or I could just quit my job. I could start my pre-new-job holiday then. Still got no idea where I should go...

If some people are about the next day as well I spose some of us might as well go somewhere after the pub? Anywhere open late on a thurs around london bridge? Or we could go to old street, only what 2 stops and it's not too busy on a thurs...

gav's picture
gav
May 8 2006 15:48

fuck, ive just found out i have to work a night shift on the thursday!

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
May 8 2006 15:52

noooooooooooooo gav!!

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 8 2006 17:31
gav wrote:
fuck, ive just found out i have to work a night shift on the thursday!

No! Swap it! Have another "personal crisis"!

gav's picture
gav
May 8 2006 17:46
John. wrote:
No! Swap it! Have another "personal crisis"!

either that or i could say my uncle is getting married again, for the third time

Battlescarred
May 9 2006 08:47

I'll be there

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
May 10 2006 01:08

Battlescarred - will be good to meet you - have heard talk of you! smile

Are you based in London or will you be travelling from afar?

John - If the drink is in the London Bridge area and we go onto Old Street as you suggest - just wondered what kinda place you had in mind as I don't really know that area. A girl needs to plan her wardrobe y'know...should I wear an evening gown, bondage trousers or skimpy clubbing gear??

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 10 2006 01:51
Battlescarred wrote:
I'll be there

8)

Re: club I dunno. Off the top of my head on thursdays on old street one place is open till 4, it's not too crazy or club-like, it's more of a noisy bar, entry is free IIRC. Gav may have other ideas in particular though, I don't really know what stuff is on thursdays, but we appreciate your outfit situation and will try to sort something soon.

Any suggestions anyone?

Battlescarred
May 10 2006 09:28

Lone Wolf, you've met me already and I live in London

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
May 11 2006 01:19

Battlescarred - Really?? In that case you can't have been using your username- you may recall me only knowing people by their usernames if you recall me at all?? If you don't mind, please PM me and let me know your IRL identity as I will recall everyone I've met and know who you are when you say your RL name and the way in which we connected.

Were you in the room when nice things were said about you btw?

If not - nice things were said about you when you weren't in the room.

Love

LW X

jef costello's picture
jef costello
May 11 2006 09:19
Lone Wolf wrote:
Battlescarred - Really??

I thought his real name was Battlescarred too. I was going to make small talk and ask about the origin of such an interesting name. sad

It's not only LW that needs outfit info, I'm coming from work, maybe I should take a change of clothes, I don't want to look like a square.

I think we should all be suited and booted, as JDMF and others have said it is a respectable working class tradition. And I've only worn my suit twice in 2 years.

ftony
May 11 2006 09:23
Quote:
I think we should all be suited and booted

Jef, and friend on mayday demo 2004:

jef costello's picture
jef costello
May 11 2006 09:28

ftony they are clearly not wearing suits.

I look a bit more like this:

ftony
May 11 2006 10:03

well hello there jef 8)

Devrim's picture
Devrim
May 11 2006 10:15
Jef Costello wrote:
ftony they are clearly not wearing suits.

I look a bit more like this:

Jef, are you a woman? I had always presumed that you were a man. It seemed quite reasonable presumption with you using a man's name.

Ramona's picture
Ramona
May 11 2006 10:16

Jef, now look what you've done!

grin

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
May 11 2006 10:39

Much respect to anyoen who comes dressed like a Spanish anarchis form the '30s

ftony
May 11 2006 12:13

damn i love those old photos. makes you wish you were around then, even though you'd prbably get shot to pieces in some god-awful muddy field roll eyes

red n black star red n black star red n black star red n black star red n black star red n black star

i'm still wavering over drinks, things are going to be pretty hectic, but if jef does actually dress like a woman, i'm there, sexy!

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 11 2006 12:53
ftony wrote:
i'm still wavering over drinks, things are going to be pretty hectic

C'mon don't be a tosser! I haven't seen any whities with dreads in nearly a year! wink

ftony
May 11 2006 13:26

well maybe you should have gone on the london may day march- jack and rkn saw me and plenty of my smelly smelly siblings there 8)