Meet Lazy Riser and Devrim! libcom.org London drinks: 25 May

224 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Apr 18 2006 05:37

Dear LR

Seeing as this is your special do and you are coming all the way to London just for this roll eyes roll eyes thought we could arrange some entertainment for you! tongue I can't sing, but I can dance a bit! Would you like us to put on a skit? John can do his piece of invisible

street theatre. Jef can provide a tragi-comedic monologue on his lost opportunities with women. John can distribute the popcorn from the trendy popcorn maker his last boss gave him. Maybe Alan can thrash around a bit to an imaginary anarcho-punk track! Anyway, let me know this and any other special entertainment requirements you may wish to elicit from your fellow much-loved posters. wink

Warmest Regards

In Anticipation

LW X

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Apr 18 2006 11:24

The button better be coming - what would a libcom meeetup be without Foucault in attendance?

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Apr 18 2006 11:26
rkn wrote:
The button better be coming - what would a libcom meeetup be without Foucault in attendance?

hairier with less micropolitics wink

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 18 2006 11:33
Joseph K. wrote:
rkn wrote:

hairier with less micropolitics ;)

You gonna come up from brighton? A gwan. Gwan gwan gwan

the button's picture
the button
Apr 18 2006 11:42
Joseph K. wrote:
rkn wrote:

hairier with less micropolitics ;)

Actually, my head is the only part of my body that isn't covered in a luxuriant coat of hair. sad

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Apr 18 2006 11:47
the button wrote:
Actually, my head is the only part of my body that isn't covered in a luxuriant coat of hair. :(

fair enough. maybe it averages out. karmic baldness.

the button's picture
the button
Apr 18 2006 11:54
Joseph K. wrote:
the button wrote:
Actually, my head is the only part of my body that isn't covered in a luxuriant coat of hair. :(

fair enough. maybe it averages out. karmic baldness.

Mind you, the hair on my shoulders is long enough to fashion some kind of rudimentary comb-over. 8)

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Apr 18 2006 11:55

So why do you wear clothes then?

the button's picture
the button
Apr 18 2006 11:58
rkn wrote:
So why do you wear clothes then?

With a new TK Maxx in Lewisham, you'd be daft not to. 8)

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Apr 18 2006 12:00

I've managed to avoid it luckily... as you can tell by my supreme style wink

Lazy Riser's picture
Lazy Riser
Apr 18 2006 13:59

Hi

Quote:
Seeing as this is your special do and you are coming all the way to London just for this

It is a long way, although I have a number of errands to run in the capital on Friday and Saturday that mean that LibCom drinks cannot claim a monopoly on my goals.

Quote:
Would you like us to put on a skit?

I read that as “skirt”. I’m trying to get my Mrs to wear skirts more often, I think she stopped about a year ago.

Love

LR

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Apr 18 2006 16:10
Lone Wolf wrote:
Jef can provide a tragi-comedic monologue on his lost opportunities with women.

It's not tragic, you need a hero for that.

ftony
Apr 18 2006 16:24

remember Jef, there's always heroes like scooby doo, and he's a useless toerag mutt.

hope shines eternal

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Apr 18 2006 16:41

Ftony.. Um..it's actually hope springs eternal, but I kinda like your version! Jef - Who says you are not a hero? Is it because you are a librarian? Never fear - there is a cheesy film called, bizarrely: "The Librarian: Quest for the Spear!" It stars Noah Wyle embarrassed (who John prob fancies!) and is about a Supergeek guy who gets a position at an amazing British Museum type library. Turns out he has to guard these precious artefacts e.g. Spear of Destiny from the evil ninjas who would use it to Do Evil. SG has to then become an Action Hero in the vein of a young Indiana! So you see there is hope! And he teams up with a less intellectual physical heroine and all round Woman of Action who I would certainly wish to identify with, so fret no more Jef! (Though I know you secretly love all this self-absorbed angst! wink )

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 18 2006 16:47
Lone Wolf wrote:
It stars Noah Wyle embarrassed (who John prob fancies!)

angry

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Apr 18 2006 16:57

John - Soz - forgot the wink after Wyle so here it is now: wink

But you have to agree - Jef is the King of Angst-Ridden Self-Absorption, eh? wink

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Apr 18 2006 17:28
Lone Wolf wrote:
But you have to agree - Jef is the King of Angst-Ridden Self-Absorption, eh? :wink:

There are worse than me, you need to get out more too tongue

ftony
Apr 18 2006 17:32
Quote:
Um..it's actually hope springs eternal

oops.

steady Jef, i don't think we've experienced an insulted lone wolf, we don't know what she's capable of...

for some reason i've got a picture of 'an americal werewolf in london' in my head wink

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Apr 18 2006 18:44

Um, actually insulted Alan on a recent light thread, thinking he was implying I was a non-intellectual soft target. But I was wrong and he was writing about himself. So..um.. embarrassed Threatened to put my knee in his groin at the drinks thing! eek Ftony, will you be in attendance (at the drinks night, not threatened knee/groin incident, that is). And Lazy himself incurred my wrath when I caught him out in lying to me. This seemed to make him fonder of me.. confused wink

ftony
Apr 18 2006 19:01

ah, perhaps i'll be going...

i'll be doing some frantic work for my dissertation in May, so i will have to remain a wooly fence-sitter until nearer the time.

it would be nice to (knowingly) meet some libcommers in real life. as far as i know i've only ever met thora and that was for five minutes while i drunkenly asked her what insurrectionism is. i still don't quite know. should read some zerzan i guess.

i certainly now know NOT to insult the wolf...

although, we're yet to see whether you're quite this scary wink

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 18 2006 20:08
ftony wrote:
ah, perhaps i'll be going...

Commit now foo'! Mr. T

C'mon you can tell your girlfriend you're going out with workmates or something if you're embarrassed!

ftony
Apr 19 2006 05:44

embarassed? Of libcommers?? never!

i.e. completely, and constantly, for ever

petey
Apr 21 2006 20:30
ftony wrote:
i've only ever met thora and that was for five minutes while i drunkenly asked her what insurrectionism is.

did she slap you?

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Apr 21 2006 22:00
newyawka wrote:
ftony wrote:
i've only ever met thora and that was for five minutes while i drunkenly asked her what insurrectionism is.

did she slap you?

Thora's a Lady, she'd get Refused to challenge him to a duel.

ftony
Apr 22 2006 06:12

no, she just said something about getting rid of civilisation and i think i made a terrible joke something like 'but i like that computer game'...

yes i know what you're thinking

civ 2 was way better.

8)

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Apr 22 2006 21:48

Might try to make this. Thing is the friday 25th is last day of halfterm so I might have a shitload to do. Would be nice to see a few of yis though.

Ramona's picture
Ramona
Apr 22 2006 22:22

Conor you gotta come to this! I haven't seen you in ages which is ridiculous because you live about 5 mins away from me.

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Apr 22 2006 23:00

Will do my best but I am pretty much a hermit term time! So much planning and shit plus I'm currently putting together a phd proposal so a life is on the backburner!

That said I've only 2 months left in london (jesus time flies) so it'd be pretty shit if I didn't make an effort before I go!

If I can't make this we'll have to out for a curry soon or something - anyone fancy that?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 22 2006 23:07
xConorx wrote:
If I can't make this we'll have to out for a curry soon or something - anyone fancy that?

Yeah, but come to this!

Ramona's picture
Ramona
Apr 22 2006 23:17

Yes, curry. But not till the 19th or I can't come, and lord knows how you'd have a good time without me...