Meet Lazy Riser and Devrim! libcom.org London drinks: 25 May

224 posts / 0 new
Last post
Caiman del Barrio
Apr 1 2006 00:19

i can't really reply to that without sounding self-absorbed as fuck. I think the tone of my banter RE: music comes over better in person, but then meeting people off the internet is never a clean slate cos they've already reached a conclusion about you due to your posts etc etc.

What language discussions?? I have 1500 posts on here (I think).

What defending of "the scene"?? That sounds unlike me.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 1 2006 00:25
Alan_is_Fucking_Dead wrote:
i can't really reply to that without sounding self-absorbed as fuck. I think the tone of my banter RE: music comes over better in person, but then meeting people off the internet is never a clean slate cos they've already reached a conclusion about you due to your posts etc etc.

Yeah true I can never tell if you're sarky or not. I assume you're always not. But then people wrongly assume that of me (I'm always being sarcastic)

Quote:
What language discussions?? I have 1500 posts on here (I think).

I meant with the bog-trotters in the general forums

Quote:
What defending of "the scene"?? That sounds unlike me.

Meh the scene, the music, same difference to me. To be fair I can't tell what hardcore is really, just know that xpartyxgurlx used to keep me and my gf up every night until 3 playing really loud hardcore in his room, and to us it didn't sound good!

Caiman del Barrio
Apr 1 2006 00:30

There's plenty of crap hardcore, most of which xConorx owns. tonguetonguetonguetonguetongue (<--- that means I'm joking, capisce?)

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 1 2006 00:35
There's plenty of crap hardcore, most of which xConorx owns. tonguetonguetonguetonguetongue (<--- that means I'm joking, capisce?)

It being conor, I'm sure it's true though!

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Apr 1 2006 07:09
John. wrote:
Catch wrote:
oisleep wrote:
i met LR when he was last up in london, fine chap, and i commend him to the house

Any chance of being graced by oisleep for this occasion? (not that I'll necessarily be off house arrest by then, but I'll come if I can)

Nah oisleep always wangles his way out of this shit

yeah i'll come along, always wondered what you crowd looked like

you guys were all invited to the numerous tolling gang beers where i would have been pleased to make your acquantence, but not a dicky bird

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Apr 1 2006 07:12
You'd willingly disrupt a useful forum and hijack political debate for almost 2 years over a chocolate bar.

Mike Harman
Apr 1 2006 09:02
oisleep wrote:

you guys were all invited to the numerous tolling gang beers where i would have been pleased to make your acquantence, but not a dicky bird

I believe I was on paternity leave for the first one tongue

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 1 2006 12:03
oisleep wrote:
John. wrote:
Catch wrote:
oisleep wrote:
i met LR when he was last up in london, fine chap, and i commend him to the house

Any chance of being graced by oisleep for this occasion? (not that I'll necessarily be off house arrest by then, but I'll come if I can)

Nah oisleep always wangles his way out of this shit

Quote:

Ah don't think i saw any of them, soz, I was only taking the piss. It'd be good to put a face to the username 8)

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Apr 1 2006 16:29
Catch wrote:
oisleep wrote:

I believe I was on paternity leave for the first one tongue

that's my point, all that time off work and you still didn't make the effort to come...

Thora
Apr 1 2006 17:09
John. wrote:
oisleep wrote:

Actually, if that one on the far left was ginger...

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Apr 1 2006 17:22

the guy second from the right cracks me up

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Apr 1 2006 19:24
Thora wrote:

Actually, if that one on the far left was ginger...

Dont be so harsh on yourself Thora!

Thora
Apr 1 2006 20:15

Harsh but fair cry

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 4 2006 01:08
rkn wrote:
Dont be so harsh on yourself Thora!

Ouch.

Told.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Apr 4 2006 02:40

Dear Lazy Riser

You're not a girl! Oisleep grassed you up! I am so disillusioned! I would never have guessed! wink Despite this deception me being a decent person and all I tried to persuade some of the peeps at the AFed conference to attend your drinks evening. To my astonishment, noone was willing to abandon their jobs/families to come all the way from Wales/Scotland etc for a couple of hours drinks with someone they hadn't heard of/had barely heard of! Soz mate - I tried for you - despite your poor treatment of me! Bah! angry I'm too good for this world! cry

Lazy Riser's picture
Lazy Riser
Apr 4 2006 13:12

Hi

Quote:
You're not a girl! Oisleep grassed you up!

Please.

Quote:
I tried to persuade some of the peeps at the AFed conference to attend your drinks evening

It is not “my drinks evening”. I just happen to be in town that night, I wouldn’t let my presence put any one off coming.

Quote:
abandon their jobs/families to come all the way from Wales/Scotland

It’s a fair journey for me as well as it happens, as those who know me will attest.

Quote:
your poor treatment of me!

You need to take back your “ditzy” and “semi-clueless” comments then you’ll get the treatment you no doubt deserve.

Love

LR

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Apr 4 2006 13:33
Lazy Riser wrote:

It is not “my drinks evening”. I just happen to be in town that night,

Dont say that! It will put people off... i've already told people you will be doing book signings etc.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 4 2006 13:37
rkn wrote:
Lazy Riser wrote:

It is not “my drinks evening”. I just happen to be in town that night,

Dont say that! It will put people off... i've already told people you will be doing book signings etc.

And breasts/lower backs/etc. 8)

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Apr 4 2006 13:45

yeah i'm gunna be bringing my breasts for sure.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Apr 4 2006 13:48

Dear Lazy - You are far too modest - us guys are trying to promote you here as the Next Big Thing - voluntarily putting in a vast amount of time and effort doing your PR and what bloody thanks do we get?! Also, the comment on it being a long way to travel for you too is self-pitying BS bearing in mind Rkn already told us you were in town anyways. Bah! You'll try anything for attention, won't you - deception, self-deprecation, self-pity... wink

Lazy Riser's picture
Lazy Riser
Apr 4 2006 13:58

Hi

Thanks for your kind words comrades. I honestly love you all.

I am growing very fond of you Lone Wolf.

If anyone can find a copy of the first Class War "Heavy Stuff", I've got an article in there. I wonder if anyone can guess which one (I think it was under a pseudonym).

Warmest regards etc

LR

Ramona's picture
Ramona
Apr 4 2006 14:00
rkn wrote:
yeah i'm gunna be bringing my breasts for sure.

angry angry angry

That's no way to talk about me, knobchops angry

I'll be there, I just found out my last exam is on 19/05 which fucking RULES cos I can then get really drunk without guilt smile

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Apr 4 2006 14:03

Dear Lazy - I'm inexplicably fond of you too. Were our relationship to progress and we end up marrying, would you prefer us to be known as Mr. and Mrs. Lone Rider or Mr. and Mrs. Lazy Wolf? I think they both sound kinda cool.... wink

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Apr 4 2006 14:05

awww ain't they sweet smile

Lazy Riser's picture
Lazy Riser
Apr 4 2006 14:07

Hi LW

I think you'd better give revol68 first refusal, I'm sure he's taken a bit of a shine to you.

Love

LR

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Apr 4 2006 14:15

Hi LR - You could be right you know! First he was pleased I liked the sound of him. Secondly, he didn't rise to the bait when I continually taunted him about fancying Katie M. And I really hammered him. (Or could it just be he knows his position is completely untenable wink ) Thirdly, he's just risen to my defence on another thread. Blimey - OK he sounds hot but the BMX/ Battleship teen geek thing is a tad off-putting. And wasn't it him who - inexplicably - left his semen on Jacks pillow. Yeuch. Is this a form of laziness taught by you LR or does he have some kind of laundry fetish?!

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 4 2006 16:20
Lone Wolf wrote:
Blimey - OK he sounds hot but the BMX/ Battleship teen geek thing is a tad off-putting.

grin

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Apr 4 2006 18:42

Revol - Er.. Battleship/Battlefield/Battlefield2 - whatever! Same difference. And the BMX doesn't sound too comfortable for us to make out on.. wink

Ramona's picture
Ramona
Apr 4 2006 18:57

Yeah but you can get two people riding into the sunset on a BMX cos of the peg things on the back, while whoever's peddling shakes their ass in yr face. Don't knock it.

Caiman del Barrio
Apr 4 2006 21:47
revol68 wrote:
whats wrong with owning a BMX

Nothing, if you don't mind being a failed skateboarder geek.