Meet Lazy Riser and Devrim! libcom.org London drinks: 25 May

224 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Mar 30 2006 14:47
Meet Lazy Riser and Devrim! libcom.org London drinks: 25 May

We havent got a location for this yet - but there are severall suggestions - pls suggest if you know somewhere good (maybe has a nice outside, isnt too crowded, central, near public transport etc.)

Ideas so far include a pub in London Bridge, pub in Waterloo, and some other stuff i cant remember

LR has given us a reason to have a LC London pub meet up. We had been thinking about this for a while, but seeing as LR is available in London on the 25th May (Thursday) that gives us an excuse not to try and find a date where everyone can come.

Edit - Now Devrim is coming from Turkey as well, so one more reason to get yourself there.

We are going to be meeting in a pub - still undecided, so suggestions welcome - around London Bridge.

Lazy Riser's picture
Lazy Riser
Mar 30 2006 14:49

Hi

Just to point out, unless my ship comes in, I'll be a lot poorer than I was in October.

Love

LR

ftony
Mar 30 2006 14:50

i don't think more than three days ahead generally.

25th sounds okay though

i'll check the diary [i.e. girlfriend] 8)

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Mar 30 2006 14:51
rkn wrote:
So is anyone around that evening? I guess we would meet somewhere pretty central/near lots of public transport. Catch took us libcom peeps to a cool pub near London Bridge a while ago.

What that tiny one? We'd probably fill it! We did half with just the group then.

But I'm free then, 25th May yeah. Let's do it.

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Mar 30 2006 14:52

Yeah but it will make us look huge. And everyone knows huge is 8)

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Mar 30 2006 14:53
Lazy Riser wrote:
Hi

Just to point out, unless my ship comes in, I'll be a lot poorer than I was in October.

Love

LR

How about you just get me dinner then, seeing as I missed out last time? wink

I'm sure we can spend some libcom cash on getting you bar snacks or whatever (dry or honey roasted only peanuts mind)

Lazy Riser's picture
Lazy Riser
Mar 30 2006 14:56

Hi

Quote:
I'm sure we can spend some libcom cash on getting you bar snacks or whatever (dry or honey roasted only peanuts mind)

Ho ho. Well hopefully my master plan will have swung into action by then and I'll buy us the pub as a going concern.

Love

LR

Lazy Riser's picture
Lazy Riser
Mar 30 2006 15:44

Hi

Even though Thora really likes me now, I'm not too sure I'm that popular.

I wouldn't want to put people who don't like me off coming, I'd really like to meet revol and button, who I can hardly count amongst my biggest fans.

Actually button used to like me, but he went off me.

Love

LR

martinh
Mar 30 2006 15:49
Lazy Riser wrote:

I wouldn't want to put people who don't like me off coming, I'd really like to meet revol and button, who I can hardly count amongst my biggest fans.

Meeting Revol was one of the highlights of my trip to Dublin grin

And The Button is very definitely worth meeting

the button's picture
the button
Mar 30 2006 15:56
martinh wrote:
Lazy Riser wrote:

Meeting Revol was one of the highlights of my trip to Dublin grin

Hopefully you'll have more luck with this than when me & martinh tried to organise some drinks in South London, under the banner of "Come & meet martinh & the button."

Who turned up? martinh & the button. cry

the button's picture
the button
Mar 30 2006 15:57
Lazy Riser wrote:
button used to like me, but he went off me.

I never went off you. In fact I used to have one of your bon mots as my tagline -- "fluffy obscurantism or death."

pingtiao's picture
pingtiao
Mar 30 2006 15:58

I'd have turned up! I'm all about South london 8)

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Mar 30 2006 16:14

Hi, I would love to meet Lazy Riser - one of my favourite sounding posters - sounds a bit kinda ditzy and semi-clueless yet nonetheless adorable.! wink (Don't even know if LR is male or female - guess I'll find out). Bizarrely, just today I've already got a booking for that date, but depending on what time you meet I should be able to come along. Presumably, you are welcoming newbies to this or the invite would be on one of the secret, hidden, internal bits of lib-com! Cheers!

Lazy Riser's picture
Lazy Riser
Mar 30 2006 19:02

Hi

Quote:
sounds a bit kinda ditzy and semi-clueless yet nonetheless adorable

You fancy me. I am a lady and look like a young Nigella Lawson only sexier.

Love

LR

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Mar 30 2006 19:13

I'd love to meet you Lazy, and you were quite well represented on the would like to meet thread. And, bearing in mnd that this whole thread was triggered by your coming to London, I am thinking maybe you're fishing for compliments.

I might come along but I work until 9 at Euston on thursdays, so everyone will have settled down by the time I get there, so I'll feel even more like a spare prick at a wedding than usual.

And if the Button doesn't really look like Fester Addams then I may storm out.

Quote:
Presumably, you are welcoming newbies to this or the invite would be on one of the secret, hidden, internal bits of lib-com! Cheers! black bloc

Newbies are welcome AFAIK but the first time I met them they did check me for a wire.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Mar 30 2006 19:23
Jef Costello wrote:
Newbies are welcome AFAIK but the first time I met them they did check me for a wire.

And we flushed your phone battery down the toilet black bloc

Ramona's picture
Ramona
Mar 30 2006 19:35

I'm coming, my exams (should) be over by then 8)

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Mar 30 2006 21:25

i met LR when he was last up in london, fine chap, and i commend him to the house

Thora
Mar 30 2006 21:51
Lazy Riser wrote:

It makes me sad to think how mean I was to you at first cry

I'd love to be able to come to a libcom meet up, but sadly I won't be in the country then.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Mar 30 2006 21:54
Thora wrote:
Lazy Riser wrote:

It makes me sad to think how mean I was to you at first cry

I'd love to be able to come to a libcom meet up, but sadly I won't be in the country then.

Still in Berlin, ja?

Thora
Mar 30 2006 22:14

Yup, going to be here for the rest of the year at least I reckon. Sadly will be missing Berlin Mayday though eek

Caiman del Barrio
Mar 31 2006 14:16

Urgh, maybe.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Mar 31 2006 14:55
Alan_is_Fucking_Dead wrote:
Urgh, maybe.

Ah c'mon. You could actually talk to me this time, instead of looking at me grumpily across the kitchen wink

Jason Cortez
Mar 31 2006 18:35
Quote:

dunno about that but his missus...... embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed grin grin grin

Caiman del Barrio
Mar 31 2006 22:14
John. wrote:
Urgh, maybe.

Ah c'mon. You could actually talk to me this time, instead of looking at me grumpily across the kitchen ;)

I talked to you at the Bookfair!!!

And what's so wrong with the occasional grump?? Am I the only one who finds these anarcho social events woefully depressing??

Caiman del Barrio
Mar 31 2006 22:36

That is the reason for why you follow me round these boards like a poodle, cos I ate a chocolate bar myself and temporarily got aggravated by some wank you said?? How do you even remember this shit, I only do cos I was reminded earlier this week. Man you just proved my point about how depressing this shit is. You'd willingly disrupt a useful forum and hijack political debate for almost 2 years over a chocolate bar. That is so lame.

Mike Harman
Mar 31 2006 22:49
oisleep wrote:
i met LR when he was last up in london, fine chap, and i commend him to the house

Any chance of being graced by oisleep for this occasion? (not that I'll necessarily be off house arrest by then, but I'll come if I can)

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Mar 31 2006 23:36
Catch wrote:
oisleep wrote:

Any chance of being graced by oisleep for this occasion? (not that I'll necessarily be off house arrest by then, but I'll come if I can)

Nah oisleep always wangles his way out of this shit

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Mar 31 2006 23:39
John. wrote:
Urgh, maybe.

Ah c'mon. You could actually talk to me this time, instead of looking at me grumpily across the kitchen ;)

I talked to you at the Bookfair!!!

Meh I was pissed, I don't really remember embarrassed

Quote:
And what's so wrong with the occasional grump?? Am I the only one who finds these anarcho social events woefully depressing??

Ah nothing I was just taking the piss. Still as far as I was concerned it wasn't an anarcho social event, I just walked into my kitchen! Hey I'm just messing though don't worry about it. I'm not belfast. 8)

Caiman del Barrio
Mar 31 2006 23:59

Yeah John I was kinda hoping you may have been one of the extreme minority of the Libcom clique/inner circle I hadn't completely unintentionally alienated. wink

The only one I was consciously rude to was Rattail, and he pretty much deserved it. Other than that I was pissed off due to skipping work for a largely unsuccessful Antifa action and some random Irish guy talking wank all day.

Still, I guess it gave the clique a good years' worth of judgemental gossip and bitching to be done, so maybe I did you all a favour. tongue

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 1 2006 00:15
Yeah John I was kinda hoping you may have been one of the extreme minority of the Libcom clique/inner circle I hadn't completely unintentionally alienated. wink

Ha I think you've been making an intentional effort, but I don't take stuff about music or culture seriously. Which is why I find the language discussions weird. Maybe you don't take them seriously either, and I just thought you did cos I thought you were a grumpy fuck. Then again you did bump a 6-month-old post of mine about hardcore to defend the scene wink