New discussion forum

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
prop
Aug 14 2012 00:56
New discussion forum

TOWARDS A NEW DAWN (http://toanewdawn.blogspot.in/) is a magazine which vows to deliver news, views and alternative analysis of ongoing movements, struggles and various peoples' issues.

Our magazine, 'Towards A New Dawn' is devoted towards coming up with a Marxist analysis of the situation in India as well as the rest of the world. We engage in detailed analysis of the various aspects of the present society and historical events and processes.

If you are one who looks beyond the propaganda spewed by the world bourgeoisie, if you are one who sympathizes with resistance against state oppression then stand with us shoulder to shoulder, contribute your views and analysis on local and global movements,socio-political issues, contribute your writings both academic and from a movemental aspect. Join our discussion forum today!

http://towardsanewdawn.boards.net/

syndicalist
Aug 14 2012 13:24

Well, not so respectfully, but how can you have a section of the site ttitled "Gulag" ..... forced labor camp? Says mucho about the politics of the folks bringing the world the site. Eeeck.

prop
Aug 16 2012 00:38

Nice one.

syndicalist
Aug 16 2012 01:01
prop wrote:
Nice one.

Why would you name something after a Gulag? I mean, that;s really disturbing.

prop
Aug 16 2012 01:35

Disturbing for some, delightful for others. The administrators have named the forum. If you would like to have it changed, you are free to make a suggestion in the appropriate board in the forum, possibly with a criticism attached.

syndicalist
Aug 16 2012 01:38

Why even promote your form of Leninist-Stalinism on a site clearly hostile to those vciews?

prop
Aug 16 2012 02:12

Our forum does not have any official line such as the ones you mention. This site might be hostile to Leninism or Stalinism as you claim, but that forum is not hostile to any leftist, and already has some of every broad category despite being quite small.

Harrison
Aug 16 2012 22:28

unless you declare an editorial line opposed to the left of capital, the amateurish machiavellian methods and smalltime bureaucrats that accompany it, i believe you'll find zero sympathy for your forum here.

prop
Aug 17 2012 04:12

Thank you for that piece of information. But we still believe that this place does have politically sound individuals who would actually join the forum and debate for their political line rather than throw buzzwords and make silly demands. We know very well that those who do not even dare to debate or discuss until they have the whole forum administration conform to their own tendency, are obviously not knowledgeable enough about their own political lines, and hence not good for any meaningful political discussions.

syndicalist
Aug 17 2012 04:27
Quote:
are obviously not knowledgeable enough about their own political lines, and hence not good for any meaningful political discussions.

Yes, so I have been told.

Gulags never!

prop
Aug 17 2012 04:58

No one is forcing you to do anything. Your actions will prove how confident you are of your political knowledge.

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Aug 17 2012 09:40
prop wrote:
buzzwords

Buzzwords....like. Gulag for instance?

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Aug 17 2012 10:05

I'm assuming gulags is tongue in cheek, not worth crying about.

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Aug 17 2012 10:17

The Fight Against Fascism Begins With The Struggle Against Ultra-Left Tongue-in-Cheekism - Otto Ruhle.

Tim Finnegan's picture
Tim Finnegan
Aug 17 2012 10:23
prop wrote:
Thank you for that piece of information. But we still believe that this place does have politically sound individuals who would actually join the forum and debate for their political line rather than throw buzzwords and make silly demands. We know very well that those who do not even dare to debate or discuss until they have the whole forum administration conform to their own tendency, are obviously not knowledgeable enough about their own political lines, and hence not good for any meaningful political discussions.

Nah, a lot of people here used to post on RevLeft at some time or another, so they've done that. They just stopped because it was shit.

wojtek
Aug 17 2012 10:24
Harrison
Aug 17 2012 10:33
Arbeiten wrote:
The Fight Against Fascism Begins With The Struggle Against Ultra-Left Tongue-in-Cheekism - Otto Ruhle.

(a celebrated text of the All German Anti-Humour League)

Railyon's picture
Railyon
Aug 17 2012 11:08
Choccy wrote:
I'm assuming gulags is tongue in cheek, not worth crying about.

I bet you'd say the same about far-right boards using "concentration camps" subsections, eh!

vanilla.ice.baby
Aug 17 2012 12:09

I used to admin a board with a gulag it was just a joke, FFS. grin In fact one of the founders of Libcom helped start that one up as well...

syndicalist
Aug 17 2012 12:24

OK, so what is the joke about using the term "gulag"....where's the humor? Maybe I'm just of an age where gulag, stalag,concentration camp have pretty heay meanings.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Aug 17 2012 13:00

C'mon, syndicalist it's essentially the same thing as the old "salt mines" joke in libcommunity. Indeed, libcommunity should be re-named "the salt mines".

syndicalist
Aug 17 2012 13:13
Khawaga wrote:
C'mon, syndicalist it's essentially the same thing as the old "salt mines" joke in libcommunity. Indeed, libcommunity should be re-named "the salt mines".

Displaced Persons Camp anyone? Send your kids there for the Summer?

I dunno, I hadn't thought about it as Salt Mines. I'm not that hip with the new lingo.

OK, nuf' said. I have to get back to the saltmines, speaking of which. groucho wall

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Aug 17 2012 13:27

I get your point syndicalist, but not your humourlessness.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Aug 17 2012 13:40
Quote:
Your actions will prove how confident you are of your political knowledge.

Trns: "Come and have a go if you ain't chicken."

Forgive me from demurring, I've got a table to cower under in terror of your clearly superior brains, roll eyes

syndicalist
Aug 17 2012 13:59
Khawaga wrote:
I get your point syndicalist, but not your humourlessness.

Ah, I think you mean?:

Quote:
Displaced Persons Camp anyone? Send your kids there for the Summer?

I must be aging myself. A DP Camp, for my generation, is where survivors of the nazi holocaust went after they existed the concentration camps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displaced_persons_camp

I guess I just found the term gulag to be in the same league. But we covered this already.
So....

prop
Aug 17 2012 14:13
Tim Finnegan wrote:
prop wrote:

Nah, a lot of people here used to post on RevLeft at some time or another, so they've done that. They just stopped because it was shit.

Our forum is not related to any other forum. So it is not correct to draw decisions about it by experiencing other forums.

prop
Aug 17 2012 14:15

Nice to see some good replies already. Thank you.