'Learning from 1968' Event- Glasgow, 23 August

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sunny3
Jul 30 2008 14:13
'Learning from 1968' Event- Glasgow, 23 August

Dear All,

The Glasgow based Radical Independent Bookfair will host a session on the impact of the events of 1968 on education at the Centre for Contemporary Arts on Sauchiehall Street, 23 August. There are confirmed speakers who will be looking specifically at issues of policies and practices over the last 40 years, as well as discussion of how there is a tendency to romanticise the 1968 protests, and to assume that the students involved were truly 'radical' or 'revolutionary' in comparison to today's students. These and other debates should prove interesting for everyone with interests in education, actions in the workplace, in the history and legacy of 1968, and in radical politics in general.

The event is free, so please come along- the event lasts from 1-4.

If you would like to participate in the panel discussion or would like to present a 15 minute talk based on your experience as a student or teacher in any education sector, please e-mail Angie on a.mcclan@live.co.uk.

Thanks!

Steggsie
Jul 31 2008 08:47

That sounds interesting Sunny. Is there anywhere to access information about confirmed speakers/topics?

I think I'll be in Glasgow so hope to catch up with you then.

Sunny3
Jul 31 2008 19:05

wink Indeed, Steggs- looking to get things confirmed for Monday! Will update as soon as I know.

Sunny3
Aug 1 2008 16:40

Confirmed speakers for the Glasgow August RIB education event will be announced Monday.......... Watch this space!