Last post
Mike Harman
Nov 20 2007 12:43

Anarcho, I think Saii just did minus the link. wink

the button's picture
the button
Nov 20 2007 12:44
Quote:
Attica: Black Flag's really shit compared to Mayday, which, incidentally, I produced, because compared to me, all other anarchists are shite.

Everybody else:
Mentalist.

That just about sums it up.

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=229201

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Nov 20 2007 12:44

I'll warn you now, it (and by it I mean Gangster) is quite annoying.

link

Quote:
The old stuff about/by Lucy Parsons and Durti (no matter how excellent in their time) is the stuff of a cult and not a movement relating to everyday life.

Seriously, the picture of Mikal bakunin on the back page was a VIZ LIKE pisstake out of itself that the editors didn't even notice

Is pretty much the only serious comment made, he then goes on to whinge a lot about how he was banned when he logged on as Lucy Parsons (Amazing how people are so often blind to their own contradictions) before it degenerates into a load of him bitching about libcom and everyone else telling him to shut up and stop being a knob.

j.rogue
Nov 21 2007 00:38
Saii wrote:
Seriously?? Good grief they should meet Anarcho, terrifying he is… roll eyes

Edit: Actually, Black Flag’s not got the world’s most obviously anarchist cover, any idea what tipped them off?

I can't remember the cover, it was years and years ago. I left the room to get lunch (it was "in school suspension," I was there all day) and when I came back one of the campus cops was there. I imagine the teacher looked through it while I was gone. I spent the rest of the day getting grilled by the principal and the cop; they were disturbed that I found the sitation so amusing. Yeah right, the violent anarchist presence in Raleigh, North Carolina. i was one of three anarchists that I knew of.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Nov 21 2007 01:28
j.rogue wrote:
i was one of three anarchists that I knew of.

so the cell structure works then?

j.rogue
Nov 21 2007 02:51
jef costello wrote:
j.rogue wrote:
i was one of three anarchists that I knew of.

so the cell structure works then?

Works brilliantly, as is clearly illustrated by the shining example of anarchism that is Raleigh.

Anarcho
Nov 21 2007 14:47
Saii wrote:
I'll warn you now, it (and by it I mean Gangster) is quite annoying.

link

Quote:
The old stuff about/by Lucy Parsons and Durti (no matter how excellent in their time) is the stuff of a cult and not a movement relating to everyday life.

Seriously, the picture of Mikal bakunin on the back page was a VIZ LIKE pisstake out of itself that the editors didn't even notice

Is pretty much the only serious comment made, he then goes on to whinge a lot about how he was banned when he logged on as Lucy Parsons (Amazing how people are so often blind to their own contradictions) before it degenerates into a load of him bitching about libcom and everyone else telling him to shut up and stop being a knob.

So I'm not missing much then. Good. I cannot be bothered to register. Particularly when someone cannot spell and does not bother to read the editorial!

As the editorial noted, we are dependent on contributions and the content reflects what we get sent. If you want BF to have something in it, then contribute it!

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Nov 25 2007 02:49

The relevant point I was pointing to was the Bakunin picture on the back, nobody thinks its a fetish in the wrong direction?

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Nov 25 2007 14:01

As it happens, it was the result of me messing about on a new graphics package and I picked a random shot of an anarchist to do it with, could have been anyone, and it turned out nice so I thought I'd chuck it on the back page in the absence of better ideas.

I also reckoned it'd be striking to do, seeing as we'd paid for a colour page and it was mostly going to be sold at the anarchist bookfair and radical bookshops, for a readership which is inevitably going to mostly be anarchists who might appreciate it as being the first colour shot of Bakunin ever published. The plan is, as ever, to aim beyond that market but the first one was always going to be a call out to build a decent independent mag rather than a finished product.

So no, it's not a "fetish" (personally I'm not a big Bakunin fan), it's a photograph and a good quippy quote.

Anarcho
Dec 7 2007 10:44

Also, a reminder that the launch meeting is still on for 6.30 pm on Wednesday the 12th of December at Housemans bookshop in London. Please let others know.