DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

can anyone offer lifts from manchester to get to the climate demo in london on the 8th

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Michelle
Dec 3 2007 15:30
can anyone offer lifts from manchester to get to the climate demo in london on the 8th

I have a friend who has no money but wants to go to the climate demo on the 8th. Does anyone going to the demo from manchester have a spare seat in thier car/van they can offer? My friend could pay a small amount towards petrol costs but she hasn't got a job and cant even get dole money cos she lives with her boyfriend and shes under 25 so she cant afford much.
cheers.
michelle

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 3 2007 16:55
guydebordisdead wrote:
Some of us are getting some cheap flights down from Manchester. Gimme a pm.

ha ha ha grin

you utter cad.

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Dec 3 2007 17:46

It comes back to the stuff about dues a few weeks ago.
If we want to send someone to İstanbul, we pay for them as an organisation.
Devrim

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 3 2007 19:37
Devrim wrote:
It comes back to the stuff about dues a few weeks ago.
If we want to send someone to İstanbul, we pay for them as an organisation.
Devrim

michelle is in what organisation?
wtf?

GD was joking, he isn't going to take a short haul flight to a CLIMATE CHANGE MARCH is he?

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Dec 3 2007 20:05
Quote:
michelle is in what organisation?
wtf?

I don't know if she is in one. The point is that some people were asking what they would spend the money on.

Devrim

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 3 2007 21:25

stay there mate, i'll just fetch the mouse.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 3 2007 21:32

There you go.

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Dec 3 2007 21:41

Yes, obviously the idea that members of organisations should support them financially with more than twopence, and that organisations should then allocate those monies to what they think is worthwhile deserves to be mocked.

Devrim

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 3 2007 22:31

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Dec 3 2007 23:14
guydebordisdead wrote:
This doesnt get the lady any closer to London though. Why not hold an event in Manchester if you're so broke?

No, it doesn't. They are the sort of issues that need to be addressed for the future though.

guydebordisdead wrote:
Tacks - wrong
Devrim - right

To be honest despite all of my disagreements with the 'Platformists' it is not difficult to see what attracts people to them. At least they are serious.

You should put up five mice know Tacks.

Devrim

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 3 2007 23:37

oh fuck off!

Guy, you are telling me "Some of us are getting some cheap flights down from Manchester. Gimme a pm" was a serious statement?

So you are travelling from Dublin, to manchester, then catching a plane to london for a march about climate change?

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Dec 3 2007 23:52

And I didn't mention planes. The subs could hire a van, or pay for bus tickets though.
Devrim

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 4 2007 00:05

Right.

Despite the fact i highly suspect you are keeping up this po-faced routine purely as a wind up, for both of you, for one night only, i give you -

FIVE MICE

MJ's picture
MJ
Dec 4 2007 00:17

I agree with Devrim re: subs. They should be high, and sharply progressively scaled.

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Dec 4 2007 06:33
Quote:
Right.

Despite the fact i highly suspect you are keeping up this po-faced routine purely as a wind up, for both of you, for one night only, i give you -

No, it is not po-faced. I just take things seriously. It is obvious that you don't. One of the answer to situations like this is increased subs. It is not going to help this woman, but it is the answer in the slightly longer term. If anarchist organisations had higher subs, they could rent a van if they decided that this demonstration was worth it.

It is about organisations deciding what their members do, not the people with the most money.

If we look at the fact that our unwaged members (and remember we have no dole here) pay more than many workers on here, and I probably pay more in a good month than most people do in a year, I think it reinforces how hilarious my comments are. Perhaps they deserve seven mice.

Devrim

Mike Harman
Dec 4 2007 09:44
guydebordisdead wrote:
Tacks - wrong
Devrim - right

This doesnt get the lady any closer to London though. Why not hold an event in Manchester if you're so broke?

And save carbon emissions in the process.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 4 2007 10:43

i reckon the above poster's not in an organisation anyway.

nastyned
Dec 4 2007 11:04

...which I think does make dev and guy's arguments a bit bonkers.

winjer
Dec 4 2007 11:18
John. wrote:
i reckon the above poster's not in an organisation anyway.

Solfed, no?

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 4 2007 12:27
nastyned wrote:
...which I think does make dev and guy's arguments a bit bonkers.

yep. Devo tried to randomly turn a silly thread into a serious discussion of something totally different then guy pretended to agree to make me look silly. But he failed. He didn't think i had it in me. But i showed him.

I showed him FIVE MICE that is!

Mwa ha ah haaaaaa!

Devo - don't tell me what i take seriously on a silly thread mate plz. The only IRL experience i've had of you is you saying you'd attend the memorial for the murdered russian antifa i called then not turning up. Not a problem, but how can you say i'm not serious on the basis of that one single exchange we've had. Aaaaaaaaaanyway, i support higher dues and bigger spending by feds and i always have done.

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Dec 4 2007 15:11
Tacks wrote:
The only IRL experience i've had of you is you saying you'd attend the memorial for the murdered russian antifa i called then not turning up.

Actually, I said I would if I could. I couldn't.

Devrim

Michelle
Dec 5 2007 15:04

I'm in the AF but my friend isn't in any organisation. Just wanted to know if anyone had a seat free for her. she can pay something, maybe £5 at the most. Didn't mean to start a debate about funding from organisations, just want to know if anyone can help.
(Btw it will be a bit hippocritical to get a plane from manchester to get to the climate protest in london, why bother protesting if your gonna be adding to the problem your protesting against?)

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 5 2007 15:53
Michelle wrote:
hippocritical

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 5 2007 15:54

in all seriousness michelle, if you are a member of the AF - why didn't you ask the AF?

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Dec 11 2007 16:40
guydebordisdead wrote:
I'd vote Tacks for AF national secretary, he was so nice when he arrived here but now he has internalised the hate.

where, dublin?

Too right.