The WWP is splitting

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Uncreative's picture
Uncreative
Feb 6 2019 17:36
Reddebrek wrote:
A Maoist group in Texas Red Guards Austin (who I thought had disbanded but I guess not)

They probably wanted to go under the radar so they could hoard grain for Peoples War, or so they could get the drop on some unsuspecting sparrows that were eating a hardworking Texan peasants grain or something. Maoists are bizarre.

Reddebrek's picture
Reddebrek
May 16 2019 09:49
Reddebrek wrote:
Yeah I've seen that doing the rounds. Its good that a large percentage of the membership of such a group are willing to walk over sexual harassment,

But that letter in particular was written by someone whose been very active in many harassment campaigns themselves, dredging up identifying information of critics and assumed critics. Hopefully this is the start of the turning of a new leaf, but certain passages in that letter don't give me much hope.

Bit of an update, the author of the medium article recently started posting images from dating apps of people she's fallen out with, so it looks like the online harassment and exposing of personal information continues.

Also apparently there are now accusations that she raised ten thousand dollars apparently for cancer treatment, and then took the money and moved to Europe. https://twitter.com/genefriendby/status/1128881747058417666?s=21

Its a bit hard to get details, partly because the online members/supporters of the PSL, WWP and its splinters are currently embroiled in a number of other strange scandals and feuds. This seems to be what the WWP/PSL is about nowadays.

R Totale's picture
R Totale
May 16 2019 18:34

I just had a look into that world and I feel like I'm trying to catch up on a very long-running, very bizarre soap opera when I've not watched an episode for about six months. I've still never seen an episode of GoT, but I imagine watching the series finale and trying to guess everything that's gone on so far would probably be slightly less taxing and dramatic than trying to catch up with the world of online tank beef.