National Conference on Organized Resistance

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Catch 22
Offline
Joined: 1-04-06
Mar 4 2007 10:18
National Conference on Organized Resistance

Anyone going?

MJ's picture
MJ
Offline
Joined: 5-01-06
Mar 5 2007 03:54

Not me, but Boston NEFAC will be represented, for the first time in a while.

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Mar 5 2007 04:00
MJ wrote:
Not me, but Boston NEFAC will be represented, for the first time in a while.

You have new members that aren't bitter, jaded and full of spite and hate?

Oh! Please please please say that MaRK is going.

MJ's picture
MJ
Offline
Joined: 5-01-06
Mar 5 2007 04:12
thugarchist wrote:
MJ wrote:
Not me, but Boston NEFAC will be represented, for the first time in a while.

You have new members that aren't bitter, jaded and full of spite and hate?

Oh! Please please please say that MaRK is going.

Of course not, don't be ridiculous.

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Mar 5 2007 04:19
MJ wrote:
thugarchist wrote:
MJ wrote:
Not me, but Boston NEFAC will be represented, for the first time in a while.

You have new members that aren't bitter, jaded and full of spite and hate?

Oh! Please please please say that MaRK is going.

Of course not, don't be ridiculous.

Dude. I went the first year. Trying imagining me at one of those fucking things.

Antieverything
Offline
Joined: 27-02-07
Mar 5 2007 06:06

I heard a talk by Mark Lance recorded at that event...it was incredible.

...the Q&A was laughable. At least the Q half of it--he was able to say some significant stuff in response to some absolutely stupid questions (he gets a laugh and even some applause by putting a 'green anarchist' in his place)

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Mar 5 2007 07:52
Antieverything wrote:
I heard a talk by Mark Lance recorded at that event...it was incredible.

...the Q&A was laughable. At least the Q half of it--he was able to say some significant stuff in response to some absolutely stupid questions (he gets a laugh and even some applause by putting a 'green anarchist' in his place)

All I remember is getting accused of being a cop because I was wearing my work clothes and was over the age of 17. Those kids were lucky I was too drunk to stand.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
Mar 5 2007 11:19

What's this conference then? is this the NYMAA-initiated thing for a nationwide anarchist group that's against speciesism?

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Mar 5 2007 11:27
John. wrote:
What's this conference then? is this the NYMAA-initiated thing for a nationwide anarchist group that's against speciesism?

Naw. This is the annual middle-class fluffy activists conference.

Flint
Offline
Joined: 17-12-05
Mar 5 2007 13:48

I should be around.

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Mar 5 2007 14:17
Flint wrote:
I should be around.

Whats another way to say 'huge feline'?

Smash Rich Bastards
Offline
Joined: 24-03-06
Mar 5 2007 16:53
thugarchist wrote:
Antieverything wrote:
I heard a talk by Mark Lance recorded at that event...it was incredible.

...the Q&A was laughable. At least the Q half of it--he was able to say some significant stuff in response to some absolutely stupid questions (he gets a laugh and even some applause by putting a 'green anarchist' in his place)

All I remember is getting accused of being a cop because I was wearing my work clothes and was over the age of 17. Those kids were lucky I was too drunk to stand.

That's funny. At that fiasco of a World Economic Forum protest in NYC a few years back that happened to the crew I showed up with from Boston. All the pint-sized teenage vegan anarcho punx kept avoiding us and calling us undercovers because most of us happened to be over six feet tall and not completely emaciated.

Flint
Offline
Joined: 17-12-05
Mar 5 2007 16:55
thugarchist wrote:
Whats another way to say 'huge feline'?

Zelda.

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Mar 5 2007 22:04
Flint wrote:
thugarchist wrote:
Whats another way to say 'huge feline'?

Zelda.

Don't make me be blunt.

Infoshop
Offline
Joined: 5-02-07
Mar 6 2007 00:41
thugarchist wrote:
Naw. This is the annual middle-class fluffy activists conference.

NCOR is the best anarchist conference put on annually in the U.S.

People who talk about organization could learn a thing or two from the NCOR organizers, at least the ones who have put together past conferences. I've done convention planning before and I was very impressed with what a group of student activists did with NCOR. Over 1200 attendees and dozens of sessions? Not an easy thing to pull off, especially with the negative publicity that often accompanies the conference.

Chuck

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Mar 6 2007 01:12
Infoshop wrote:
thugarchist wrote:
Naw. This is the annual middle-class fluffy activists conference.

NCOR is the best anarchist conference put on annually in the U.S.

People who talk about organization could learn a thing or two from the NCOR organizers, at least the ones who have put together past conferences. I've done convention planning before and I was very impressed with what a group of student activists did with NCOR. Over 1200 attendees and dozens of sessions? Not an easy thing to pull off, especially with the negative publicity that often accompanies the conference.

Chuck

Dude. No one criticizes them for how logistically peachy keen NCOR is. The content is fucking garbage. Being able to hold a conference shouldn't be the litmus test for how good something is. This is a basic skillset that anyone with a brain should be able to perform.

rebelworker
Offline
Joined: 11-07-06
Mar 6 2007 04:20

We have several thousand people attend the montreal bookfair every year, dozens of workshops (none on making soap or inflating your ballsack) in two languages simultaiously with a vast majority of participants from montreal ther is some good draw from Canada the US and some attendies from france.

Having an event is good, but its sad how low we set our standards.