Zimmerman acquited in Trayvon Martin killing

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hieronymous's picture
Hieronymous
Offline
Joined: 27-07-07
Jul 14 2013 18:25
Zimmerman acquited in Trayvon Martin killing

I've heard of demos in big West Coast cities like Los Angeles, Oakland, and San Francisco. What's happening with the demos elsewhere? Miami had several fires in the midst of their protests. I'm away from home and have heard very little. Please post news of what's happening in other places.

ludd's picture
ludd
Offline
Joined: 4-05-09
Jul 14 2013 19:03

National list of demos can be found here: http://trayvonoc.wordpress.com

Black Badger
Offline
Joined: 21-03-07
Jul 14 2013 19:04

local mainstream coverage:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/07/13/100s-gather-for-zimmerman-ve...

Black Badger
Offline
Joined: 21-03-07
Jul 14 2013 19:05

ANSWER in SF and RCP in Oakland are the ones making the most noise on the web calling for demos.

redsdisease
Offline
Joined: 31-12-10
Jul 14 2013 22:05

There was something of a spontaneous midnight march last night in DC that ended up attracting a few hundred folks: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/07/14/protesters-of-george-zimmerman...

Quote:
A group in D.C. grew from three people to about 400 as it marched for an hour and a half from U Street to Adams Morgan to Columbia Heights, picking up people from bars and clubs along the way.

That same article also mentions unconfirmed reports that a breakaway night march in LA blocked a commuter train.

Quote:
City News Service said that at one point a smaller group stopped an Expo Line train as police urged them to return to the nearby park. But police couldn’t immediately confirm that report.

It seems like a lot of demos are set to happen at around six this evening, which is right about now on the East Coast.

Spiorad Saor
Offline
Joined: 21-04-13
Jul 15 2013 05:44

This was hardly surprising to me given the Florida legal system which is one of the most racist in America, The way the jury was stacked in favor of Zimmerman, the prosecutor was terrible and the stupid stand your ground law even though he didn't stand his ground because he was the one who instigated the altercation! If Zimmerman had been black there is no way he would have gotten off with anything less then manslaughter or probably second degree murder.

The legal system is bent in favor of the ruling classes and against minorities and the working class as a whole. Like all bourgeois institutions it is inherently racist and has nothing to do with justice. It's a sad day when someone can confront a unarmed kid who was only walking home from the shop, shoot him and kill after he starts the racket and get off with it in the name of "justice". It's justice alright. Justice for the bourgeois.

Whale's picture
Whale
Offline
Joined: 19-07-13
Jul 19 2013 07:44

I will be honest here. I don't think Zimmerman should've been acquitted. On the same coin, he is by no means guilty of murder. There's just not enough evidence for that. Both of these guys should've walked away, and unfortunately, one died and the other man still lives. Should he serve some kind of jail time? Sure, just for being a pompous ass with a hero complex. But do I honestly buy into the narrative that he shot Trayvon because he was black and looked " like a thug"? No, I don't, and my fellow comrades would be wise to look at all of the facts.

redsdisease
Offline
Joined: 31-12-10
Jul 19 2013 08:36
Whale wrote:
No, I don't, and my fellow comrades would be wise to look at all of the facts.

You're right, we're all ignorant and haven't looked at the facts, we're just blindly going off some politically correct white guilt. God knows we couldn't have looked at the facts and *gasp* come to a different conclusion than you.

throwawayhero
Offline
Joined: 19-07-13
Jul 19 2013 11:24
redsdisease wrote:
Whale wrote:
No, I don't, and my fellow comrades would be wise to look at all of the facts.

You're right, we're all ignorant and haven't looked at the facts, we're just blindly going off some politically correct white guilt.

Well, it's funny redsdisease, you seem to be buying into the liberal media perspective very readily. The liberal media condemned Zimmerman as a murderer immediately and has done so since. Your manufactured outrage over this case is unfounded and is not based on facts. Zimmerman isn't a racist, and 100% of forensic evidence (and witness testimony) supports Zimmerman's case.

If you want to argue with testimony, that's fine, but arguing with forensics is just plain stupid. If you're still blindly following the Trayvon bandwagon like little liberalised sheep, then you've all failed as 'anarchists' or 'socialists' or whatever you are calling yourselves these days.

ajjohnstone
Offline
Joined: 20-04-08
Jul 19 2013 12:10

I recall a few years ago, ( i can't remember when actually) a visiting Scot in Texas got himself lost and panicked and went up to a house, shouting out for some assistance. He got shot dead and the house-owner under Texan law was fully entitled to shoot without any warning anybody on his property so he was not even charged, not brought to trial.

Tyrion's picture
Tyrion
Offline
Joined: 12-04-13
Jul 19 2013 12:37
Whale wrote:
I will be honest here. I don't think Zimmerman should've been acquitted. On the same coin, he is by no means guilty of murder. There's just not enough evidence for that. Both of these guys should've walked away, and unfortunately, one died and the other man still lives. Should he serve some kind of jail time? Sure, just for being a pompous ass with a hero complex. But do I honestly buy into the narrative that he shot Trayvon because he was black and looked " like a thug"? No, I don't, and my fellow comrades would be wise to look at all of the facts.

People should be imprisoned for being pompous asses with hero complexes? What the hell?

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
Jul 19 2013 14:57

Organizing going on in Paterson, NJ. An occasional LibCom poster is key in this organizing.
(Sorry, i don't remember his Libcom handle), Yeshoa I think) .

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
Jul 19 2013 16:58

Attention Norther NJ folks.....All out in Paterson!

Quote:
Tomorrow, July 20th, we will be organizing in front of City Hall in Downtown Paterson at 12PM to march not just for Trayvon Martin, but all victims of an unjust system. We ALL must be there! Bring your posters, positive energies, and commitment to justice for Trayvon! Spread the Word!

From Paterson Shoutout

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
Jul 19 2013 16:58

Attention Northern NJ folks.....All out in Paterson!

Quote:
Tomorrow, July 20th, we will be organizing in front of City Hall in Downtown Paterson at 12PM to march not just for Trayvon Martin, but all victims of an unjust system. We ALL must be there! Bring your posters, positive energies, and commitment to justice for Trayvon! Spread the Word!

From Paterson Shoutout

Agent of the International's picture
Agent of the In...
Offline
Joined: 17-08-12
Jul 19 2013 17:00
throwawayhero wrote:
Speaking as leftist, I find those calling themselves 'leftists' and blindly supporting the Trayvon case (despite that the forensic evidence and witness testimony suggests that he actually WAS a violent thug) to be an utter embarrassment to the left-wing. The left owes Trayvon Martin NOTHING. It is the LIBERAL MEDIA that are pushing this politically-correct bullshit, and playing a false race card in a situation where it doesn't even apply. Certainly at least violent enough to beat Zimmerman multiple times. A 'kid' does not physically best a fully-grown man. Trayvon was no 'kid'.

I mean seriously, are you guys really so dumb as to buy into the 'innocent Trayvon' lie? Even Obama is pushing it, and you guys eat it up? Any 'leftist' who supports Trayvon is an embarrassment to the left, and we can do without such fools.

Hell, the very fact that 'anarchists' are calling for prosecutions should ring some contradiction alarm bells.

There was no forensic evidence that Martin was a violent thug, and the only witness to claim so was Zimmerman himself. There was no forensic evidence on Zimmerman's gun that proves Martin attempted to grab it from its holster or whatever; neither was there forensic evidence that Martin had try to suffocate Zimmerman by putting his hand on his mouth. Maybe the rain washed it all away. I don't know, and you don't know. But the fact is there was no "forensic evidence" to speak of.

Dr Llareggub
Offline
Joined: 13-07-13
Jul 19 2013 17:07

I have followed this trial and recommend that those criticising the verdict check the forensic evidence. Should there be a Federal prosecution or a civil prosecution the character evidence relating to Martin which was suppressed by the judge will have to be allowed. ( videos of his participation in organised fights, evidence of drugs, being kicked out by his father) This decision is causing misery to the Obama Administration who seek political capital out of the affair, and are actively encouraging the pro Trayvon demonstrators. The Stand Your Ground Laws were irrelevant to the case. But be careful here. In 46% cases of black shooting blacks Stand your Ground laws have supported black defendants.

Some information.
Zimmerman, a Latino with a black grandmother and a Jewish father who was brought up in a home with black children, and campaigned at weekends against the unfair treatment of blacks in prison, who was a registered Democrat, who voted for a black President, is being presented as a white supremacist who is supported by a racist white power elite, and don't forget how NBC and ABC deliberately doctored audio and video tape, respectively, to make Zimmerman appear racist or a liar about the fight.That has been wrongly presented by the BBC and others as an example of race profiling. It was nothing of the sort.

Race baiters have claimed on Twitter that black youths have some kind of right to assault innocent white people as a form of justice. Come on folks, there is justice, there is political correctness and there is downright dishonesty. Photographs and forensic evidence reveal injuries to Zimmerman's face and head are consistent with his story that he did not chase down and kill his alleged victim.

To everyone who put their hoods up & said “I am Trayvon”, you owe his Mother $2.00 for using a Trademarked phrase she copyrighted less than a month after he died. That is called capitalism. She employed the same PR firm that Obama had used which is not surprising that the President made his 'If I had a son speech' to secure the black vote in 2012. The New Black Panthers have seized on the trial to put forward their own agenda, which can be identified in their leader's description of Zimmerman as a 'No good Jew'.

Two losers, a tragic outcome of the American dream: a wannabee cop and a wannabee gangsta, both used and lied about by very nasty political forces, which seem to have swept the uncritical left along with them.

Consider this: are the media, in league with the administration, trying to provoke riots in order the usher in gun control, extensive federal control? Is it a diversion from chronic black unemployment and other scandals? Come on, where are the anarchist thinkers? US blacks suffer higher unemployment than ever, many are victims of criminal gang warfare, with blacks killing blacks. Since the Trayvon killing 11,000 blacks have been killed by blacks. Something needs to be done about this.They need to organise and fight back, but not under the direction of the race baters and liberal media.

But never mind. I will assume that anarchists here in the UK - whose ideas of the race issue in the US are derived from Gone With the Wind - will be protesting.

Agent of the International's picture
Agent of the In...
Offline
Joined: 17-08-12
Jul 19 2013 18:29
Dr. Doom wrote:
( videos of his participation in organised fights, evidence of drugs, being kicked out by his father)

That's your forensic evidence? They didn't happen within the scene of the crime.

Zimmerman was arrested three times, once for domestic violence, once for resisting a police officer with violence, and speeding. That happened in his past. Why don't you bring up that?

Why don't you bring up the fact that he had called the police 46 times on mostly black males? Including on a 7-9 year old black boy on August 2011?

What's funny about Zimmerman is the fact that he was a self-appointed neighborhood watch. I mean, come on.

radicalgraffiti
Offline
Joined: 4-11-07
Jul 19 2013 18:47
Agent of the Fifth International wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:
( videos of his participation in organised fights, evidence of drugs, being kicked out by his father)

That's your forensic evidence? They didn't happen within the scene of the crime.

Zimmerman was arrested three times, once for domestic violence, once for resisting a police officer with violence, and speeding. That happened in his past. Why don't you bring up that?

Why don't you bring up the fact that he had called the police 46 times on mostly black males? Including on a 7-9 year old black boy on August 2011?

What's funny about Zimmerman is the fact that he was a self-appointed neighborhood watch. I mean, come on.

he also has a history of sexually abusing children

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/george-zimmerman_n_1676729.html

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2012/07/17/george_zimmerman_molesta...

redsdisease
Offline
Joined: 31-12-10
Jul 19 2013 19:03

Wow, good to see this case is pulling all the lefty racists out of the woodwork.

Whale's picture
Whale
Offline
Joined: 19-07-13
Jul 19 2013 20:32
Agent of the Fifth International wrote:
throwawayhero wrote:
Speaking as leftist, I find those calling themselves 'leftists' and blindly supporting the Trayvon case (despite that the forensic evidence and witness testimony suggests that he actually WAS a violent thug) to be an utter embarrassment to the left-wing. The left owes Trayvon Martin NOTHING. It is the LIBERAL MEDIA that are pushing this politically-correct bullshit, and playing a false race card in a situation where it doesn't even apply. Certainly at least violent enough to beat Zimmerman multiple times. A 'kid' does not physically best a fully-grown man. Trayvon was no 'kid'.

I mean seriously, are you guys really so dumb as to buy into the 'innocent Trayvon' lie? Even Obama is pushing it, and you guys eat it up? Any 'leftist' who supports Trayvon is an embarrassment to the left, and we can do without such fools.

Hell, the very fact that 'anarchists' are calling for prosecutions should ring some contradiction alarm bells.

There was no forensic evidence that Martin was a violent thug, and the only witness to claim so was Zimmerman himself. There was no forensic evidence on Zimmerman's gun that proves Martin attempted to grab it from its holster or whatever; neither was there forensic evidence that Martin had try to suffocate Zimmerman by putting his hand on his mouth. Maybe the rain washed it all away. I don't know, and you don't know. But the fact is there was no "forensic evidence" to speak of.

The fact is, that is incorrect. There are various social media sites that paint a different picture of trayvon than what the corporate media would have you believe. There is also the physical evidence of an unregistered firearm owned by trayvon, as well as the evidence alluding to his drug use. Even the, that's not the point.

My point was that a second degree murder charge is an inappropriate reaction. Negligent homicide or manslaughter is more appropriate, though the judges recommendation of thirty years smacks of political glad handing. Zimmerman should serve time for the arrogance that lead to a kids death. He did not have to follow him, and he did so because he wanted to play cop. That's fine, but then he began the escalation and syg doesn't apply to me. On the flip side, Trayvon was no saint, and its reasonable to conclude he beat the hell out of Zimmerman. But that still doesn't justify him getting shot.

In my eyes, both are guilty.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Offline
Joined: 5-10-07
Jul 19 2013 21:36

Wait, have we gone from "evidence" to "concluding" it reasonable that someone decided to "beat the hell" out of someone else who was brandishing a gun? Tell me Whale, if you were followed, confronted the person who followed you only to see they were strapped, would you pick a fight?

Quote:
If you're still blindly following the Trayvon bandwagon like little liberalised sheep, then you've all failed as 'anarchists' or 'socialists' or whatever you are calling yourselves these days.

Sheeple roll eyes

Also, I don't which one of you wankers think that we're "Leftists", but you could do with reading at least libcom's introduction to the state if you think you've stumbled onto a Leftist site.

Whale's picture
Whale
Offline
Joined: 19-07-13
Jul 19 2013 22:52

So cuts, blood and abrasions magically appeared? That isn't evidence to you? I think people should ask what they want out of this. If the answer is second degree murder and life, then I would say you are ignorant of the charge. If you say manslaughter or negligent homicide, I can agree with that.

Right now, all I see is a lot of bickering about irrelevant information. To add something of substance, a civil case based on racist profiling of trayvon has better chances here and hopefully some justice will be seen.

I'm not an expert on law and I admittedly probably don't know 100% of the backstory on both people. I just tend to not gravitate to an extreme on either side on things like this, because I'm more of a pacifist, and I don't support SYG or street violence. Or violence of any kind like that. It's just sad really.

radicalgraffiti
Offline
Joined: 4-11-07
Jul 19 2013 23:06

a few minor cuts and bruises are what you can expect if you stalk someone and try to confrontation them, you dont get to cry about self defense because you decide the kill them when you aren't doing well in the resulting fight.

the fact is Zimmerman is wholly responsible for everything that happened because he chose to follow, and therefor confront trayvon martin.

If you think taking drugs makes some one a thug your a fucking idiot btw

and "pacifists" are scum always defending who ever has power

Whale's picture
Whale
Offline
Joined: 19-07-13
Jul 19 2013 23:13

I never said because he smoked pot, he was a thug. Calm down. kthx.

I just think both people a fucking moronic, that's all. I'm removing myself from this thread lol.

radicalgraffiti
Offline
Joined: 4-11-07
Jul 19 2013 23:48
Whale wrote:
I never said because he smoked pot, he was a thug. Calm down. kthx.

oh really??

Whale wrote:
Agent of the Fifth International wrote:
throwawayhero wrote:
Speaking as leftist, I find those calling themselves 'leftists' and blindly supporting the Trayvon case (despite that the forensic evidence and witness testimony suggests that he actually WAS a violent thug)
....
.

There was no forensic evidence that Martin was a violent thug, and the only witness to claim so was Zimmerman himself.
...

The fact is, that is incorrect. There are various social media sites that paint a different picture of trayvon than what the corporate media would have you believe. There is also the physical evidence of an unregistered firearm owned by trayvon, as well as the evidence alluding to his drug use.
...

Whale wrote:
I just think both people a fucking moronic, that's all. I'm removing myself from this thread lol.

good, fuck off

Whale's picture
Whale
Offline
Joined: 19-07-13
Jul 20 2013 00:11

I forgot how many asshats populated libsoc/com sites....

redsdisease
Offline
Joined: 31-12-10
Jul 20 2013 00:15
Whale wrote:
I forgot how many asshats populated libsoc/com sites....

If you left it would be one fewer.

Whale's picture
Whale
Offline
Joined: 19-07-13
Jul 20 2013 00:16

Not sure how I'm an asshat, and now I'm 100% sure you're a troll.

S. Artesian
Offline
Joined: 5-02-09
Jul 20 2013 00:34

Hey asshat, and I mean you Whale, you rancid piece of ratfat-- the bottom line is that Trayvon ran away from a confrontation and Zimmerman chased him. That's the end of "stand your ground," moron. You can't chase the guy down a street when there is no evidence of a crime.

Moron...

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
Jul 20 2013 00:45

Can we close the asshat conversation. I mean this conversation.

Whale's picture
Whale
Offline
Joined: 19-07-13
Jul 20 2013 00:46
S. Artesian wrote:
Hey asshat, and I mean you Whale, you rancid piece of ratfat-- the bottom line is that Trayvon ran away from a confrontation and Zimmerman chased him. That's the end of "stand your ground," moron. You can't chase the guy down a street when there is no evidence of a crime.

Moron...

I don't support SYG. At all. I never have.