Woodley - what a c*nt

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Dec 10 2008 19:26
Woodley - what a c*nt

On Channel 4 just now, begging for government loans to bail out the manufacturing industry. Get your tongue out of their arse Tony you're supposed to be fucking unionist not a CBI lobby-horse!

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Dec 10 2008 23:02
Rob Ray wrote:
you're supposed to be fucking unionist

without wishing to sound all ultra-left, he is

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Dec 10 2008 23:30

Even a normal TUC unionist should have more self-respect than to go on Channel Four begging for governmental scraps on behalf of bosses who can't be arsed. I don't expect much from these people but ffs...

Deezer
Dec 11 2008 00:55

Rob sometimes you come across as being very naive. Not an insult btw, just an observation.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 11 2008 01:02

Yeah, sorry but I don't know why you expect any better. The big union leaders are completely in bed with new Labour. They are no more a friend of the workers than Gordon Brown or Tony Blair. Dave Prentis was overheard saying at UNISON conference last year that there would be a strike over pay "over [his] dead body".

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Dec 11 2008 10:45

Not particularly Boul, I'm just a bit more inclined to give people a break where possible, which is why I rarely get into sectarian squabbles. When preparing for anything I assume the worst and hope for the best (otherwise Freedom would have missed several issues this year alone).

Steven, I wouldn't dispute any of that, I just thought this was particularly odious even by union boss standards - and actually, afaic it's the sort of thing which should be pointed at whenever possible for the shitty behaviour it is, it shouldn’t be assumed that everyone who visits libcom hates union bosses.

Deezer
Dec 11 2008 10:56

But Rob, while I agree this sort of behaviour should be pointed out, its the shock you express that a TUC leader has engaged in it that I find naive. This sort of shit has gone on as long as there has been a TUC and a government, I mean statements like this have been made by trade unionists in Northern Ireland almost continuously, there have been numerous joint ICTU-NIC and CBI statements about investment, and TUC leaders made the same sort of statements as Woodley under the Tories. Its not about giving these people a break either its about understanding that their role as TUC bureaucrats logically leads them to make these sorts of statements.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Dec 11 2008 11:06

I've PM'd you about this.

Red Marriott's picture
Red Marriott
Dec 11 2008 22:32

It reminds me that in the Miners Strike a local 'anarchist' group called Labour leader Kinnock "a scab" for condemning picket line violence!

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 11 2008 22:34

Just a quick admin note - as mentioned on another thread, please don't put for swear words in thread titles outside of libcommunity. This can cause various pages on libcom to be blocked by automated web filters. Cheers!