"Vegas puts lid on soup kitchens"

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
ghostzart
Jul 29 2006 17:17
"Vegas puts lid on soup kitchens"
Quote:
Soup kitchens serving the homeless have been banned in the US city of Las Vegas with fines coming into force for anyone caught giving hand-outs in its parks.

The full article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5226490.stm

Apparently the only thing worse than being homeless in the United States is being homeless but still eating somehow.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Jul 29 2006 18:27
ghostzart wrote:
Apparently the only thing worse than being homeless in the United States is being homeless but still eating somehow.

i know won't they just fucking die and stop reminding us of the tyranny of private property angry

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jul 29 2006 18:55

Ghostzart - God that is sooo awful..the only good thing is that if the authorities are threatened by something as harmless as soup distro shows just how paranoid they are and this could maybe be useful info to us in some way..as you know guys I always try and find something positive to say with any situ but I struggle sometimes as at present...I am right about their paranoia tho - just how to use that..

Reflectively Yours

LW X

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Jul 29 2006 18:57
Lone Wolf wrote:
Ghostzart - God that is sooo awful..the only good thing is that if the authorities are threatened by something as harmless as soup distro shows just how paranoid they are and this could maybe be useful info to us in some way..as you know guys I always try and find something positive to say with any situ but I struggle sometimes as at present...I am right about their paranoia tho - just how to use that..

Reflectively Yours

LW X

LW you're sooo serious these days, i try and make light of a bad situation and along comes miss sensible roll eyes

wink

Pilchardman's picture
Pilchardman
Jul 29 2006 19:05

With Vegas being so tasteful and understated, it's no wonder they don't want to look at dossers eating soup. Especially if they became homeless by losing everything on a roulette table.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Jul 29 2006 19:12
Pilchardman wrote:
With Vegas being so tasteful and understated, it's no wonder they don't want to look at dossers eating soup. Especially if they became homeless by losing everything on a roulette table.

ahh it all suddenly makes sense, cheers pilchard wink

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jul 29 2006 19:17

Joseph

OK OK touche (an in-joke "hot off the presses" from libcommunity for the benefit of the others). Whatever! roll eyes And, given that, as per that thread, I am not 12, could it be Ms Sensible and Ms Wolf please and not Miss - Master K!!

Love

LW X

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Jul 29 2006 19:21
Lone Wolf wrote:
I am not 12, could it be Ms Sensible and Ms Wolf please and not Miss - Master K!!

hook, line and sinker grin

and now i'll stop trolling this thread. apologies all wink

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jul 29 2006 19:31

Joseph:anrgy: You have been building up to this for a while have't you??? Lil' git! I will get my revenge...but the hour and manner of its coming will not be known to you..heh! black bloc wink

PS Admin geeks - you have to miss-spell angry as anrgy to get the angry smilie to appear. What kind of example is that to set???!!!! wink

Nemo's picture
Nemo
Jul 29 2006 19:46

Wasn't there the threat of something similar in the UK? I vaguely remember reading something about how mobile soup kitchens were being threatened with ASBOs in Manchester I think (or maybe Birmingham). I'm not sure they actually went through with it though.

EDIT: My bad! Looks like it was an urban legend: http://www.manchester.gov.uk/news/2006/july/myth.htm

ghostzart
Jul 29 2006 22:17
Lone Wolf wrote:
PS Admin geeks - you have to miss-spell angry as anrgy to get the angry smilie to appear. What kind of example is that to set???!!!! :wink:

It's an example of anrgism. Thank you, thank you. I stayed up all night working on that one.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jul 30 2006 00:18

Ghostzart - Groan!! roll eyes OK OK that wasn't bad - still think you need to get out more!! wink