Tronti elected on PD ticket in Lombardy

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
With Sober Senses's picture
With Sober Senses
Feb 26 2013 23:31
Tronti elected on PD ticket in Lombardy

Does anyone have any links or news on Tronti's election on the Democratic Party ticket? Better yet any analysis or debates?
cheers
Dave

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Feb 27 2013 08:04

can't really read Italian but here is an interview about him running: http://rassegna.camera.it/chiosco_new/pagweb/getPDFarticolo.asp?currentA...

With Sober Senses
Feb 27 2013 09:14

Google translate it is! Thank you

bastarx
Feb 27 2013 10:59

Analysis: he's had shit politics for decades, didn't he stick with the PCI all through the 70s when it was busy suppressing the class struggle?

No doubt he's got some profound sounding reason for his latest manouvre but opportunists usually do.

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Feb 28 2013 10:54

I think, Tronti is a good (sad) example of someone where entryism went horribly wrong

uhu
Feb 28 2013 20:27

@ with sober senses

i am not able to copy the pdf-text to google translate. can xou put your translation in here?

With Sober Senses
Mar 1 2013 00:17

Hi uhu, neither could I so I found another source for it here
cheers'
Dave

Harrison
May 9 2013 14:08
bastarx wrote:
didn't he stick with the PCI all through the 70s when it was busy suppressing the class struggle?

What seriously? I thought like the other workerists he his whole politics depended on his break with the PCI in the early 1960s and the founding of Red Notebooks and eventually Classe Operaia.

Is there any reading material about his turn to electoral politics and entryism?

meinberg
May 10 2013 06:03
Harrison wrote:
What seriously? I thought like the other workerists he his whole politics depended on his break with the PCI in the early 1960s and the founding of Red Notebooks and eventually Classe Operaia

yes, he did that for five to ten years and then he went back to the party. that was even before 68. tbh tronti (like most of the operaist theorists) never gave up the idea that a party is needed and for him that was the PCI.

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Aug 27 2013 09:14

there is also a bunch of former Potere Operaio members who ended on the right or far right of Italian politics e.g. Gaetano Pecorella, famous radical defense lawyer who became a Forza Italia MP or worse, Valerio Morucci, who lead the illegal apparatus of PO, than joined the Red Brigades, became pentiti and is today writing for a "geopolitical journal" and gives talks at CasaPound