"Revolutionary Confederation of Anarcho-syndicalists, Nestor Makhno" (RKAS)

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Illyana
Mar 28 2013 02:00
"Revolutionary Confederation of Anarcho-syndicalists, Nestor Makhno" (RKAS)

http://eretik-samizdat.blogspot.com/2013/01/caution-platformist-party-an...

(Is there a regional forum for Europe or Russia that I am somehow missing?)

altemark's picture
altemark
Nov 22 2013 09:53

Rather alarming reading. Anyone else willing shed light on this?

akai
Nov 23 2013 08:21

There has just been an amazing degradation of this organization and the movement in general since the 90s. It's rather hard to connect this organization to anarchosyndicalism anymore, especially as former members made VKTAS (CGTAS) instead.

In the past decade there has been a very huge increase in organizing in a certain way in places like Russia, Ukraine, Belarus - concentrating on work around certain subcultures. A lot of militaristic like activities or sort of fans of armed struggle and stuff like that. Needless to say, anarchosyndicalists who prefer to spend their time with workers and grassroots struggles are not too attractive to the people looking to be tough and let off steam and this gets pushed in the background.

klas batalo
Nov 23 2013 17:15

this above article did seem weird though when you get to the end...it seems at best really soft on nazi-ism... it seems like it is fash trying to accuse the group of being totalitarian, ha!

i agree they are sorta a para-military group, etc everything akai says...

also isn't the IUA a sorta split in exile from them?

akai
Nov 23 2013 21:25

I am not sure how it went but somebody or some people from IUA used to be in RKAS. I know there is a group "Unity" in Israel part of this international, but some of the member organizations seem sort of small or even just one person.

cresspot's picture
cresspot
Nov 26 2013 01:33

The organization taken against Russian autocracy have often been highly militaristic... anarchist action doesn't necessarily overcome the politic it fights against, and in russia the forms of communism are threatened by the constant wintery existence of the north, which means less sugar, less grain, less milk, but I'm not trying to be racist or anything. But russian communism is a serious thing I would imagine.

akai
Nov 26 2013 15:33

?????

Ukraine is not threatened by problems with grain or milk, only with capitalism. I don't get the point.

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
Nov 26 2013 16:22

akai #7

Yup, I fancy it's cresspot's acid dreams - it's bleedin' political poetry.

cresspot's picture
cresspot
Nov 26 2013 19:55

I skim milked over the article didn't realize it was Ukraine but anyways the permanent scarcity of slavic(???) capitalism????