Police Spies Out of Lives

44 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 3 2016 20:34

Helen Steel was on Victoria Derbyshire this morning, she was great! I think people can see it on iPlayer via bbc.co.uk/victoria

rat, thanks very much for these updates here. Although I was thinking it would be really good if there were an article which kind of brought together everything which was publicly known so far about these cases, ideally with some comments from those personally affected.

What would you think of writing something up for our news section? We would really appreciate it

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
May 3 2016 20:53
Steven. wrote:
Helen Steel was on Victoria Derbyshire this morning, she was great! I think people can see it on iPlayer via bbc.co.uk/victoria

Helen Steel's from 01:22 fwiw

The Pigeon's picture
The Pigeon
May 3 2016 23:32

Racist Emails of LA Police Official Revealed

Quote:
Tom Angel, a leading Los Angeles County sheriff's official, resigned after racist emails he forwarded about Latinos, blacks, and Muslims were made public. Sheriff Jim McDonnell said he hoped Angel's resignation would be a "learning opportunity" for members of his staff.—VICE News

rat's picture
rat
May 4 2016 15:20

Thanks for the suggestion about writing an article Steven. I have to admit to not being so good at writing articles, but I'm looking into getting someone else to produce one for publication on Libcom.
So I'll get back to you soon about that.

Here's a link to the Victoria Derbyshire interview that you pointed out.
This is just the 8 minute clip edited from the whole programme with Helen Steel talking about the current situation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03syvv7

rat's picture
rat
May 8 2016 22:39

Just a note to say that we're trying to get an article together about this.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 9 2016 10:53
rat wrote:
Just a note to say that we're trying to get an article together about this.

fantastic thanks!

rat's picture
rat
Jun 2 2016 18:13

An email update from the Police Spies campaign about further developments with the Cardiff Anarchist Network. They're asking for support for a solidarity picket outside the Royal Courts of Justice at 11am Tues 7th June.

(contact@policespiesoutoflives.org.uk)

"Dear Supporter,

After the success of our main case, where the women won an apology from the Met Police, and the Police withdrew their defence, we are now supporting other people who have been affected by the relationships with undercover police, through legal action against the Police, and through the Public Inquiry into Undercover Policing. These include the following people from the Cardiff Anarchist Network, we are hoping you will support at their demo outside their court hearing on Tuesday 7th June."

"Solidarity Picket with people affected by relationships with undercover police
11am Tues 7th June, Royal Courts of Justice"

"Following the infiltration of Cardiff Anarchist Network by an Undercover Police Officer calling himself "Marco Jacobs" a number of activists are taking legal action against South Wales Police and the Metropolitan Police in an attempt to hold the system to account."

"Since they first filed an application in court, both sets of Police lawyers have attempted to obstruct justice, giving a “Neither Confirm Nor Deny” defence of all aspects of Officer Jacobs deployment."

"At 12noon on Tuesday 7th June there will be a Case Management Hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice.

Join us in a Solidarity picket of the court before the hearing starts.

Can't make the picket?
Share our social media messages, or make your own to show your support (see below how to find us)"

Thanks,

Police Spies Out of Lives Team

rat's picture
rat
Jul 4 2016 12:06
Steven. wrote:
What would you think of writing something up for our news section? We would really appreciate it

An article has been written by battlescarred now, so I'll post it in the news section soon. I'm just going to look around for a suitable image to go with the article.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jul 4 2016 13:03

Great stuff cheers

rat's picture
rat
Jul 4 2016 15:26

I've posted the article up in 'News'. I'd appreciate tips about which Tags to use or if any typos are spotted.

rat's picture
rat
Mar 4 2020 23:27

There have been many updates on this case and I wish that I'd been posting info on here more regularly. Please check the https://policespiesoutoflives.org.uk/ for recent info.

Also, there has been a slightly odd twist, shall we say, here's a link to a recent tweet by the Police Spies Out of Lives site:

https://twitter.com/out_of_lives/status/1235173802256060416

rat's picture
rat
Mar 5 2020 19:24

There is the ongoing campaign against one of the SDS cops, Andy Coles, now some Tory counciler.

Quote:
Andy Coles was a member of the Metropolitan Police’s disgraced Special Demonstration Squad. In the 1990s he spent four years undercover as peace and animal rights activist ‘Andy Davey’. Like many other officers in Britain’s political secret police, Coles abused his role to deceive women into sexual relationships. The most significant of these was a woman known as ‘Jessica’.

Check the Wordpress blog dedicated to this campaing here:

https://sackandycoles.wordpress.com/

Also, here's the Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/sackandycoles

rat's picture
rat
Oct 13 2020 20:30

There are some interesting updates happening at the moment:

Quote:
Kate Wilson has received startling admissions from the Metropolitan Police Service and the National Police Chiefs Council – at a hearing before the Investigatory Powers Tribunal at the Royal Courts of Justice being held this week.

October 13th, 2020.

https://policespiesoutoflives.org.uk/admissions-in-human-rights-case-hig...