General US prison revolt and struggle thread

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
R Totale's picture
R Totale
Jan 20 2019 11:08

Eric King Reports Brutality and Frame-Up at Hands of Guards

Grey suit protection: Ellis Unit guards admit assaulting prisoners, but aren't held accountable

Help Needed for Joe-Joe Bowen

Update on the Case of Anarchist Political Prisoner Luis Fernando Sotelo (Mexico City, Mexico)

Reports of ongoing hunger strikes at MCC in New York and Corcoran in California.

R Totale's picture
R Totale
Jan 23 2019 22:07

Call-in to Support Prisoners Fight Against Toxic Living Conditions at Michigan Women’s Prison

Hungerstrike in Corcoran 3C Against Indefinite Lockdown and Group Punishment

Interview with Eric King's wife on his ongoing hunger strike and the whole situation.

Phone Zap: Return Shaka to Indiana

R Totale's picture
R Totale
Feb 4 2019 22:04

This looks like a really impressive resource: https://perilouschronicle.com/

R Totale's picture
R Totale
Feb 11 2019 21:18

Support Juivonne Littlejohn: Prison Rebel Facing Repression for Prison Strike Organizing
Vaughn 17 Trial 2, Week 4: The Defense’s Case

R Totale's picture
R Totale
Mar 10 2019 15:23

Urgent Phone Zap: Support Hunger Striker Kinetic Justice

Civil Rights Defense Fund for Jason Walker

"In his most recent assault by racist guards on Nov. 23, 2018 at the Ellis Unit, a bogus disciplinary assault case was written against him to conceal the event. On Aug 23 2018 while at the Telford Unit, he was written a false report for threatening to assault staff. He was locked up in solitary the day of the hearing which prevented him from attending the hearing. This case was ultimately overturned and expunged but he was written a second false case and was never notified he’d received the charge. During an investigation by the Houston Chronicle it was exposed that the prison counsel substitute Shelia Forte falsified records to frame Jason with the case. She was fired for this act and faces criminal felony charges. Jason has a pending lawsuit on many of these issues.

He is seeking donations in effort to obtain meaningful legal assistance to better his chances of battling the defendants, their legal team, and the judge who are acting in concert to get his claims dismissed. Even though his civil rights have been clearly violated, attorneys in Texas have no interest in justice, only in collecting fees for legal help. With the help of a lawyer, Jason will have a fighting chance."

The SF Bay View is still in need of donations to stay afloat

R Totale's picture
R Totale
Apr 11 2019 18:08

An anti-racist/IWOC organizer who's spent years in solitary for strike organizing has just got out and really needs some financial help:

Quote:
Hello folks, my name is Josh. Several years ago I was jumped by two white supremacists because I'd started working with anti-racist activists in my hometown. While defending myself, I ended up injuring one of the attackers and while in the hospital he told the police that I was the one who initiated the fight. Confident in my innocence I went to trial and lost. I was convicted of assault and given 9 years in prison.

Now consider, if you will, life as an anti-racist activist in prison. I'll spare all the details, but while in prison I became heavily involved in other forms of activism; working to overcome gang violence and racism, working for prisoner's rights and restorative justice as alternatives to incarceration, among other things. Because of my activism I spent more than four years in solitary confinement.

My planned release date was in 2020, but after 6 years I finally won my appeal, my conviction was overturned and I was released without warning from solitary confinement directly onto the streets of Portland, Oregon. After my release I struggled for a few months trying to gain some stability and to make sense of everything that had happened, but before long I found myself back in prison for another year.

As I write this, I've been out exactly one month. I'm determined to break this cycle and become successful again, and I was convinced by a dear friend that I need to humble myself and ask for help.

Success, in this case, means paying off my legal fees, owning a work vehicle and enough tools to restart my construction/landscaping business, while maintaining my involvement in social justice work.

I'm currently, at least, not homeless thanks to a person who risks eviction for having an "unapproved house-guest", but beyond that I have only one way to go and that's UP.

I'm also doing different types of work, some art related, to reach my goals, and any questions or conversation is also welcome. Thank you so much for any love and support.

Wishing everyone out there beauty in your lives.

Once again, just to plug that the only unaffiliated national prison abolitionist newspaper needs donations to keep getting its print edition into the hands of people behind bars.