EDL crash anarchist meeting

109 posts / 0 new
Last post
Caiman del Barrio
Jul 4 2010 19:39
Neptune wrote:
The point I was making was there are lots of Muslims in the UK that want to commit terrorist acts, the chances are there will be another terrorist attack or attempted attack in the UK.

The largest ever explosives haul in British history was found in the house of two members of your bedfellows (and EDL collaborators/infiltrators), the BNP: http://libcom.org/news/bnp-election-candidate-arrested-in-biggest-explosives-haul-ever-11102006

You're not responding the points made. Neither did Arthur. I was previously ambivalent to the presence of EDL members on here, but now that your intentions have been unearthed, it's time to ban you all. You're here for surveillance, not for debate.

I would also encourage all the anti-fascist groups to reconsider their tactics. The replies my points received yesterday were depressing, and there's a business as usual feel to the discussion about where to go from here.

gypsy
Jul 4 2010 19:56

btw-Charles the Hammer, your name says it all in regards to the way you and your group pursue your politics, violence, violence, violence, intimidation, scapegoat. Oh and Villa loyal, you talk absolute bollocks we have nothing to do with the SWP you spastic.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Jul 4 2010 20:44

UK Drink-driving deaths in 2007: 410
UK Terror-related deaths in 2007: 0

UK Drink-driving deaths in 2008: 430
UK Terror-related deaths in 2008: 0

And of course not forgetting the worst year since the troubles for terror attacks in Britain, which saw over 500 drink driving related deaths and 56 from the July 7 bombings. In terms of success rate in "protecting British people" you'd be more useful picketing your local pub.

Volin's picture
Volin
Jul 4 2010 20:44

@ allybaba...well that's incredibly inappropriate and offensive.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Jul 4 2010 20:52

It's ludicrous, and that's the point of it.

Terrorism is not a major threat to British lives, by any measure, it's just more spectacular. Thousands upon thousands of people die every year from things which aren't given front page stories and books and editorials and exposes, fact is all these people marching against things threatening British lives aren't doing so for say, the NHS having to save £20bn off its budget - something which WILL kill many, many more people than a bunch of muppets talking big down their local mosque (or pub, if you're talking the BNP)..

edit: ah not me then wink

no1
Jul 4 2010 20:56
jef costello wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Farce wrote:
I've not seen it, but I'm sure there are lots of Muslims who talk all kinds of mental shite. But I'm sure you must be aware that people talking big doesn't mean they're actually going to do anything

What if these Muslims had succeeded
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6824884.ece
So many people would have died.

IF they had succeeded.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/17/flying_toilet_terror_labs/
Which was very unlikely.

Neptune is just repeating the ridiculously hyped up crap that the government use as propaganda for justifying the wars in Aghanistan and Iraq. Another ludicrous case was the famous Wood Green ricin plot which the government and the media went on and on about. The trouble is that there was never any ricin, as Porton Down found out after two days of investigations, but which the government prevented anyone from reporting until it came out 2 years later. The alleged terrorists were also accused of planning a cyanide gas attack in London - cyanide which they were going to isolate from apple pips ! Yet the media coverage was of a "factory of death" and that "250,000 of us could have died". Even on the day before the verdict in the court case, there was again a concerted disinformation effort, this time emphasising the supposed al-Qaeda connection. In the event 6 out of 7 alleged terrorists were found not guilty, with one guy (who had already been convicted of murder because he killed a cop when they arrested him) being convicted on the basis of 5 pages of hand-written notes on how to make poison. In reality, the guy was clearly a fantasist whose understanding of chemistry was at the level of a school boy prankster and who lacked the ability to harm anyone but himself. In the meantime, the ricin plot was used to justify the Iraq war in Colin Powells 2003 speech at the UN and to bring in more anti-terror legislation in the UK.

Of course some Islamist terrorists do present a danger, but so do the EDL's fascist friends, as mentioned in this article on EDL types ‘Wigan’ Mike Heaton and Trevor ‘Fist’ Hannington:

Quote:
BNP member Terrence Gavan was sentenced to 11 years for possession of explosives and firearms; BNP senior Tony Lecomber was convicted on explosives charges in 1985; ‘London nail bomber’ David Copeland was jailed for murder in 1999; Stuart Kerr, a fan of BNP and Combat 18, was jailed for bombing an Asian shop in the same year; David Tovey was jailed 2 years later for stockpiling explosive material; Robert Cottage and David Jackson were done for explosives in 2006; in the same year John Laidlaw was jailed for a shooting spree in north London; Allen Boyce and Terry Collins were both convicted on explosives charges; and last week hedgerow terrorist David Lucas got a guilty verdict for gunpowder and ammo.

Or do you think those killed by fascist terrorists deserved to die?

Neptune wrote:
The point I was making was there are lots of Muslims in the UK that want to commit terrorist acts, the chances are there will be another terrorist attack or attempted attack in the UK. Lives are at stake and as I've said before lots of Muslims are being radicalised in Britain, one of the 7/7 bombers was radicalized in England. The 7/7 bomber I'm referring to was Mohammad Sidique Khan who was radicalized by Abdullah el-Faisal. Abdullah el-Faisal was a imam at Brixton Mosque.

Please spare us the crocodile tears about innocent lives being lost. What radicalises some Muslims is the wars on Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as the anti-Muslim racism and the ongoing government propaganda and repression. The EDL are very much born from this vile shit and repeating government lies shows you're either too thick to see through them or you're motivated by racism. If you cared about innocent lives being at stake, you'd protest not against Mosques but against the war. If (to stick with your nationalist framework) you cared about British lives being at stake you'd organise soldiers to stop fighting for the ruling class, rather than betraying the 300 soldiers who've died in Afghanistan.

Caiman del Barrio
Jul 4 2010 21:19

Reading that EDL forum thread, it's possible that they have a better critique of the left than the left itself. Also,

Quote:
They had leaflets supporting Ed Millibands attempt to gain the leadership of the Labour party

Fuck me, antifascism. roll eyes

EDIT: Moreover, it seems that they're more interested - like Jef says - in rucking in the street. Bearing in mind the description of the meeting that was crashed (a bunch of students with one "Norwegian hardman"), I really think this needs to be reconsidered.

Thrashing_chomsky
Jul 4 2010 21:18

Respond to the points raised or fuck off back to the EDL board and stroke your ego off about how we didn't get what you were on about.

Yours faithfully,

someone who was in the Leeds meeting and thought you could have all done with a wank and a spliff before going into a meeting that you only left peacefully because you realised you were outsmarted.

Oh and your class politics are shite.

Neptune2
Jul 4 2010 21:18
Caiman del Barrio wrote:
You're not responding the points made. Neither did Arthur. I was previously ambivalent to the presence of EDL members on here, but now that your intentions have been unearthed, it's time to ban you all. You're here for surveillance, not for debate.

II didn't answer all the points because some of them were irrevelant to me, I wanted to debate so why did you ban me?

Caiman del Barrio wrote:
The largest ever explosives haul in British history was found in the house of two members of your bedfellows (and EDL collaborators/infiltrators), the BNP: http://libcom.org/news/bnp-election-candidate-arrested-in-biggest-explosives-haul-ever-11102006

Radical Islam is a very big threat
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6824884.ece

I think Radical Islam is more worrying than a few far-right extremists. The last bombing in the UK by the far-right was by David Copeland in 1999, 7/7 happened in 2005.

Caiman del Barrio
Jul 4 2010 21:20

One link poster has one link.

Thrashing_chomsky
Jul 4 2010 21:21
Quote:
They had leaflets supporting Ed Millibands attempt to gain the leadership of the Labour party

that's a penalty of working with Trots- hearing about the train fairs, printing costs, meeting minutes and other resources that could be spent on raising working class consciousness that they'd prefer wasting on trying to make Labour or Unite better- like a warzone surgeon trying to put the soldiers brains back in his skull.

Caiman del Barrio
Jul 4 2010 21:22

...presumably they wanted a static, peaceful demo with which to distribute their lit no?

Thrashing_chomsky
Jul 4 2010 21:24

No, to give AWL some credit they want to be able to march.

Neptune2
Jul 4 2010 21:30
Caiman del Barrio wrote:

I use the same link over and over again because its hard to get my points across your thick skulls.

Neptune2
Jul 4 2010 21:38
no1 wrote:
Please spare us the crocodile tears about innocent lives being lost. What radicalises some Muslims is the wars on Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as the anti-Muslim racism and the ongoing government propaganda and repression.

I admit that has some truth in it, still doesn't change the fact they are radicalized which is the point I've been trying to make, they are getting radicalized and its not being stopped. The goverment needs to wake up and we're trying to get them to realise whats going on.

Thrashing_chomsky
Jul 4 2010 21:41

Neptune, the link's been discredited cos everyone was innocent except for the random loony with a childs brain.

And guess what- you get nutters in every movement, culture, sub-culture, bar, club, society...

I'm queer, and pretty sick of heteronormativity- straight values been co-opted by fags, people presuming that their child is straight-default, homophobia etc.

Now if I was to take out my anger by taking out some institution that I believe upholds heterosexual privilege, eg: a wedding, the state would fuck me.

If that was to happen a couple of times over the country, bloodily, by angry gay militants, it would NOT justify in any way a Heterosexuality Defence League that targets everyone who isn't straight.

hope the analogy works.

flaneur's picture
flaneur
Jul 4 2010 21:42
Neptune2 wrote:
Caiman del Barrio wrote:

I use the same link over and over again because its hard to get my points across your thick skulls.

Okay, three Muslims were found guilty trying to blow up a bomb. How does that correlate with radical Islamism is this huge teetering threat that we just must stop? Or marching outside mosques where it's mostly those "normal Muslims" that you claim to have no problems with.

Tojiah's picture
Tojiah
Jul 4 2010 21:45

So the EDL's fire-fighting strategy is pouring oil on'em, then?

888's picture
Jul 4 2010 21:48
allybaba wrote:
btw-Charles the Hammer, your name says it all in regards to the way you and your group pursue your politics, violence, violence, violence, intimidation, scapegoat. Oh and Villa loyal, you talk absolute bollocks we have nothing to do with the SWP you spastic.

Charles the Hammer was a French

Neptune2
Jul 4 2010 22:00
Rob Ray wrote:
UK Drink-driving deaths in 2007: 410
UK Terror-related deaths in 2007: 0

UK Drink-driving deaths in 2008: 430
UK Terror-related deaths in 2008: 0

And of course not forgetting the worst year since the troubles for terror attacks in Britain, which saw over 500 drink driving related deaths and 56 from the July 7 bombings. In terms of success rate in "protecting British people" you'd be more useful picketing your local pub.

Yes in 2008, drink driving did kill more people, it doesn't change anything.

Thrashing_chomsky
Jul 4 2010 22:13

NEPTUNE, REPLYING TO MY POST WON'T MAKE YOU CATCH GAY.

gypsy
Jul 4 2010 22:16
Volin wrote:
@ allybaba...well that's incredibly inappropriate and offensive.

sorry about the language. Please accept my apoligies with regards to the use of the word spastic.

Neptune3
Jul 4 2010 22:18
Thrashing_chomsky wrote:
NEPTUNE, REPLYING TO MY POST WON'T MAKE YOU CATCH GAY.

You haven't made any points that I can be bothered to respond to

Thrashing_chomsky
Jul 4 2010 22:26

penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis. dog.

jesuithitsquad's picture
jesuithitsquad
Jul 4 2010 22:34

love it. "we're here for debate but won't respond to any of your points." brilliant.

Thrashing_chomsky
Jul 4 2010 22:41

Neptune, what's the EDL's stance on this?

gypsy
Jul 4 2010 22:43

Charles the Hammer sorry for not knowing who you were named after. Makes sense that you would pretend to yourself that you are a 21st century frank defending europe from islam.

I won't be coming to Bradford to your stupid march. Go on start a race riot in bradford and let innocent ppl get killed for you and your mates fucking ego.

Oh and villaLoyal

Quote:
I said their organisations are run by middle class infiltrators.

Take a look at your organisation, its funded by them and run by state assets according to many people. So shut the fuck up. You keep going on about how working class you are, but your in an organisation who are against people striking. Thats anti working class.

neptune4
Jul 4 2010 22:54
Thrashing_chomsky wrote:
penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis. dog.

I didn't reply to you because the points you were making were irrevelant to me, it had nothing to do with the fact you're gay, don't be an idiot.

neptune4
Jul 4 2010 22:57

Radical Islam is a big threat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Glasgow_International_Airport_attack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Plot_to_behead_a_British_Muslim_soldier

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5619151.ece

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1845218.stm

Thrashing_chomsky
Jul 4 2010 22:58

UNLEASH THE COCKS OF WAR.