Will there ever be justice for Palestinians?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
u2scram
Jul 30 2012 07:54
Will there ever be justice for Palestinians?

It is self evident that no one has the right to take someone else’s land.

That may have been an accepted practice in the colonial era of the 18th to 19th century. By the mid-20th century, it was not acceptable.

Israel did not exist before 1948. Palestine did. That simple fact alone tells you were justice lies in this matter!

“The population of Palestine, predominantly agricultural, was about 690,000 in 1914, 535,000 Muslims; 70,000 Christians, most of whom were Arabs; and 85,000 Jews." (Encyclopaedia Britannica).

There was no substantial Jewish population until after ww2 when Jews were 'imported'. Often wealthy Zionists financed them. Wealthy Zionists who incidentally, decided to remain were they where!

The Chinese have used similar tactics, massive immigration, to subjugate Tibet, a similar crime against humanity.

Ancient history is irrelevant. Modern history is not.

To claim someone else’s land because your ancestors once lived there is merely unreasonable. However, to claim it because god gave it to you is insane.

Modern Zionism is based upon religious fundamentalism and racism. Anyone who supports these policies must exist in a religious fantasy camp, were seizing the lands of others is a god-given right and anyone who attempts to recover their own land is a terrorist.

Eventually, the Israelis must come to terms with their criminal actions in Palestine.

If they do this, and establish some kind of 'Truth Commission', I believe that they will find a new basis for discussion with the Palestinians, and that a single state solution will be a possibility, with some kind of reconciliation with the Palestinians, who have suffered so much at the hands of the Zionists since the occupation began.

Melancholy of Resistance's picture
Melancholy of R...
Jul 30 2012 08:54

Riveting tale, old chap

u2scram
Jul 30 2012 11:12

""Riveting tale, old chap""

obviously if you have nothing to say you always say it.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Jul 30 2012 12:49

I think Melancholy is trying to say, what is your point? Yes, the Palestinians have been shafted for a long time. We all know that. But this is an anarchist website so you won't find much support for the creation of either a bi-national state or a two-state solution.

u2scram
Aug 9 2012 01:24

so where is justice in your scheme of things?

Book O'Dead's picture
Book O'Dead
Aug 9 2012 02:03
u2scram wrote:
It is self evident that no one has the right to take someone else’s land.

[...]

Although I agree with your sentiment about the plight of Palestinians and the criminality of the state of Israel, I cannot agree with the opening statement. Not only is not self-evident but it is downright wrong.

The working class has a historic right and a duty to take away from the capitalist his land, his mines, his mills, his factories and all other property connected with the creation of social wealth.

I cannot subscribe to any view that denies the working classes of the world the right to take any property and make it the possession of society.

u2scram
Aug 12 2012 12:06

"" I cannot agree with the opening statement. Not only is not self-evident but it is downright wrong.""

pretty much the same thing.

""The working class has a historic right and a duty to take away from the capitalist his land, his mines, his mills, his factories and all other property connected with the creation of social wealth.""

i agree that all minerals, land and any natural resources should be the property of the nation. i own my own business and work for myself and my motivation is not to be ripped off by an employer.

Melancholy of Resistance's picture
Melancholy of R...
Aug 13 2012 08:17

What's a nation?

Book O'Dead's picture
Book O'Dead
Aug 13 2012 16:16
u2scram wrote:
"" I cannot agree with the opening statement. Not only is not self-evident but it is downright wrong.""

pretty much the same thing.

""The working class has a historic right and a duty to take away from the capitalist his land, his mines, his mills, his factories and all other property connected with the creation of social wealth.""

i agree that all minerals, land and any natural resources should be the property of the nation. i own my own business and work for myself and my motivation is not to be ripped off by an employer.

I'm in favor of taking away your "business" as well. That is, unless the bigger capitalists don't get to it first.