Grenade explosion at the garage of Lebanese Syndicate of Engineers

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hassan Dbouk
Jul 28 2010 10:22
Grenade explosion at the garage of Lebanese Syndicate of Engineers

An Explosion of grenade at 11 o'clock (8 GMT) happen at Lebanese syndicate of engineers at Beirut today, Thursday, at the garage of the syndicate which it uses by the employed their.
The explosion led to wound a Syrian worker in his hand and to the destruction of 4 cars.

Ed's picture
Ed
Jul 28 2010 23:56

Fucking hell, that sounds pretty mad.. was the attack claimed by anyone? Hezbollah?

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Jul 29 2010 00:16

It's more likely that Hariri allied goons do such stuff. Or the Lebanese Nazis.

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Jul 29 2010 04:00

Hassan, are you connected to any group in Lebanon?

Ed's picture
Ed
Jul 29 2010 09:10
Khawaga wrote:
It's more likely that Hariri allied goons do such stuff. Or the Lebanese Nazis.

Could you tell us a bit more information on this Hariri guy? He sounds like a Berlusconi-type but it seems mad that he would have 'goons' to do this shit anyway.. the only mention of it on the net that I can find says that Beirut is on high alert coz of the publication of the UN inquiry into his assassinatin so it seems like its possible to speculate that it was probably them.. but I can't for the life of me find out their politics. Are they fascists? Or is he just a Berlusconi-type and Lebanon just has a higher tendency toward political violence?

Re Lebanese nazis: a quick google gave me mental results! In case anyone is interested, here's a few bits and bobs:
Syrian Social Nationalist Party

Lebanese Nazis Continue Grotesque Displays

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Jul 29 2010 18:25

You're correct. Hariri is a Berlusconi type figure, though the construction version (I think he owns practically all of the construction companies in Lebanon. He's mint b/c of the reconstruction in Lebanon, but has also "caused" a real estate bubble and getting Lebanon into some serious debt). He's the son of the assassinated Hariri senior, and got elected basically because he is the son. He's part of the November alliance, which is a collection of various right-wing types (and I think include Christians and Sunni Muslims, maybe the Druze). He's tried to combat Hezbollah by importing Sunni extremist from the Arabian peninsula (and he then had to fight them in the Palestinian refugee camp Nahr el-Bard). He's also considered to be a bit of a moron.

It's been a couple of years since I followed Middle Eastern affairs closely, so that's just off the top of my head.

Now, when I say Hariri goons, I didn't mean that he necessarily ordered it. But it was likely done by people in his broad alliance. I suspect the fascist/Nazi Christian phalangists.

gypsy
Jul 30 2010 08:55
Khawaga wrote:
. I suspect the fascist/Nazi Christian phalangists.

Is it the Christian phalangists who are more sympathetic to Hitler? Although ive heard some muslims are his fan boys aswell?

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Jul 30 2010 15:46
allyaba wrote:
Is it the Christian phalangists who are more sympathetic to Hitler? Although ive heard some muslims are his fan boys aswell?

The phalanges were directly inspired by the Italian and Spanish fascist parties, wore brown uniforms etc. So yeah, they are big time supporters of Hitler, though to the Western press they will never admit it.

There are some Muslim fanboys as well, but not an organized force like the phalenges.

gypsy
Jul 30 2010 16:07

cheers for info Khawaga. we can always rely on you to give us the lowdown on anything middle eastish wink

Hassan Dbouk
Nov 21 2011 17:57

This Explosions Happened too much in lebanon, almost all parties in lebanon have a kind of racism in their ideology, but no one could know how this attacks happen or who do it.

Hassan Dbouk
Jul 31 2010 11:58

not only Syrian Social Nationalist Party is the nazi party, this party is anti-jews especially and it made too much attacks on its publication on jews, also their is Kataeb Party ( The Lebanese Social Democratic Party ) and lebanese forces party also are nazi Parties but anti-non lebanese like palestinian and syrian, there are lot of fascist and nazi paties in lebanon