Facts about Lebanon

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hassan Dbouk
Jul 31 2010 13:12
Facts about Lebanon

30% live on 4 $ per day
52% of families that monthly income don't suffice her needs.
31% of people suffer from lack exactly outside cities.
51% of Lebanese don't have any type of health coverage.
75% of working class aren't covered by the systems of retirement and social protection
40% of workers are not legal so the laws of labor and wages and social security does not apply on them.
45% of economist activist doesn't have jobs.
0.05 % of people appropriate more than 46 billion dollar.
60 billion is the state real debt and it's the great in the world, comparing to GDP.
90% of the bills used to finance interest of the riches.
20% of Lebanese people consume only 20 % of consumption bill while 20% consume half of this bill.
More than 8 hours per day without electricity even they spend billions on projects, processing and support
Lebanese do not benefit from telecommunication services due its high costs.
50 percent of the gasoline price is a fees and taxes to the government with the absence of a system of public transportation
67 percent of goods and services in the local markets are subject to monopolies

gypsy
Jul 31 2010 14:24

Cheers Hassan.

KriegPhilosophy's picture
KriegPhilosophy
Jan 4 2011 19:15

Can I ask? is the rage I see across the middle east simply a response to the reality that people are confronted with I.e the way that Religious and nationalist groups get Extremely large following?

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Jan 4 2011 19:50

Govts. across the middle east used Islamist groups to combat the left. Whipping up nationalist fervor against Israel is a tactic to divert attention from domestic issues. A very good example of this is the Egyptian govt. blaming Mossad for the recent church bombing in Alexandria, which was committed by an al-Qaeda linked group from Iraq.

KriegPhilosophy's picture
KriegPhilosophy
Jan 4 2011 20:45

Surely people wise up or is it Cyclical?

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Jan 4 2011 21:20

If I'm not mistaken, even the Israeli government at one point (the 80s? the 90s?) supported Islamist groups in Palestine as it saw them as counterbalance to secular resistance.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Jan 4 2011 22:34
Quote:
Surely people wise up or is it Cyclical?

It's very recent; mainly since the 70s.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, even the Israeli government at one point (the 80s? the 90s?) supported Islamist groups in Palestine as it saw them as counterbalance to secular resistance.

They very briefly supported Hamas to oppose PLO/Fatah, but realized that Hamas couldn't be made into a pawn.