Awful graffiti near Salon Mazal in Tel Aviv

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anarchia's picture
Anarchia
Aug 20 2008 00:46
Awful graffiti near Salon Mazal in Tel Aviv

I took this photo the other day about 3 mins walk from Salon Mazal, the anarchist infoshop in Tel Aviv....someone really needs to get some better politics!

ftony
Aug 20 2008 17:40

well, they've got me sold... where do i sign up? wink

jambo1's picture
jambo1
Aug 20 2008 18:49

i think its pretty good, i try and live my life by that motto.!

Anarchia's picture
Anarchia
Aug 20 2008 19:50

Thats not all, this was on the other side of the alley (or was it a driveway? can't remember):

Is it just me, or does it look like the author has an especially big hatred of crockery?

Deezer
Aug 20 2008 20:07

Yeah course, but crockery is so oppressive, I mean at a gathering one international women's day in Belfast a lot of us had to ignore a film showing the female artist who had made it in a field, completely naked smashing loadsa crockery. Obviously the message had something to do with the oppressive nature of crockery. Kill Cups - best done in a field naked.

apparently

Tojiah's picture
Tojiah
Aug 20 2008 20:13

Um.. first of all, screw you for not trying to get in touch. angry

Second of all, you don't know that these were Salon Mazal people, a bunch of punk-heads tend to graffiti around those parts, too, and this is a new venue for the Salon, they were at a different address until a few months ago. (There's also a "Jaffa - we've got thieves!" graffiti nearby, which predates their move by a bit, as well as various gang graffitis)

Third and final, they have big-tent (+meat is murder, man), activistoid politics, but this has nothing to do with it.

Anarchia's picture
Anarchia
Aug 20 2008 21:17

Did they only move a few months ago? Didn't realise - I remember going to the Simta Almonit site last time I was over here in '04. I didn't end up going inside anyway, it was 3pm and they didnt open til 6. Oh well.

I'm still around for another couple of weeks or so - have been meaning to get in touch with Israeli libcommers but kept forgetting, woops (been busy hanging out with my newborn niece). Will PM you now smile

Bob Savage's picture
Bob Savage
Aug 21 2008 00:26
Asher wrote:
Is it just me, or does it look like the author has an especially big hatred of crockery?

Well, you know what they say. All proper tea is theft.

jambo1's picture
jambo1
Aug 21 2008 05:29

cups are the tools of the capitalist class, and maybe the masons and nwo and must be destroyed, so yes fuck the cups.

bromide's picture
bromide
Aug 5 2009 17:46

Just think of all of the cups that have held Coca Cola, Folgers coffee, Nestle hot chocolate. It's about time someone voiced their dissent for these fiendish receptacles.

shawncastellanos
Jan 13 2014 12:24

Salon Mazal is well known infoshop in Tel Aviv. I have visited this shop where they sell coffee, cocoa and olive oil. Apart from that they have a lending library where you can get books about social issues like human rights, animal rights, the environment, feminism etc. It is nearer to Shenkin Hotel where we stayed for three days on our Israel tour. I bought a special Tel Aviv coffee from this shop which truly has a fresh taste which you cannot find anywhere else in Tel Aviv.