DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

I hate football

413 posts / 0 new
Last post
jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Oct 17 2010 20:09

I am giving up football to get in training to destroy juozokas' record without the use of performance enhancing drugs. No asterisk next to my name.

Boris Badenov
Offline
Joined: 25-08-08
Oct 17 2010 20:59

jesus imagine being so shit that you lose to Everton. sad

Matt_efc
Offline
Joined: 13-02-07
Oct 17 2010 21:25

Imagine being Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and a host of other premiership clubs. We outplayed the shite today... we wern't fantastic but you very rarely get a Mersyside derby that is a great game of football. We've been playing well without scoring, today we scored twice without playing particually well. Im still buzzing off it now.... Just seen Carragher winging on MOTD2... he's not even got the "hardman" thing today, cahill totally bullyed him all game long and all carragher could do was squeal like a pig. The Yak was outstanding, and Distin probably had his best game for us. I said when we first hit relegation zone we'd get europe and I still believe it fully... Liverpool on te otherhand just look shite and theres no way up as far as I can see.... I think I'd love it more than communism if liverpool went down.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Oct 18 2010 22:44

Gordon Strachan is not a greedy banker!

Quote:
"He offered his resignation but not only that - in doing so he tore up his contract," Boro chairman Steve Gibson told BBC Tees.

"He sought no compensation and walked away from the club with empty hands and it's a measure of the man."

so apart from taking us from the top of the table to the bottom club, losing a bunch of our young players on frees or loans, spending a fortune on old firm dross, he's left us as he found us.

Please got let us have someone halfway decent. If it's Tony Mowbray then so be it. If it is Graeme fucking Souness then football is dead to me.

ps shut up Tommy Ascaso
pps shut up refused

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Oct 19 2010 06:04
jef costello wrote:
Gordon Strachan is not a greedy banker!
Quote:
"He offered his resignation but not only that - in doing so he tore up his contract," Boro chairman Steve Gibson told BBC Tees.

"He sought no compensation and walked away from the club with empty hands and it's a measure of the man."

so apart from taking us from the top of the table to the bottom club, losing a bunch of our young players on frees or loans, spending a fortune on old firm dross, he's left us as he found us.

Please got let us have someone halfway decent. If it's Tony Mowbray then so be it. If it is Graeme fucking Souness then football is dead to me.

ps shut up Tommy Ascaso
pps shut up refused

Atleast with Mowbray you will play some attacking football and score alot of goals(although you probably will concede shitloads).

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Oct 19 2010 14:50
allybaba wrote:
Atleast with Mowbray you will play some attacking football and score alot of goals(although you probably will concede shitloads).

this season I'd settle for not being relegated from the Championship. Attacking football and goals would be nice.

And this was so painful to watch it wasn't even funny.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9107091.stm
Ferguson looks broken.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Oct 19 2010 14:57
jef costello wrote:
allybaba wrote:
Atleast with Mowbray you will play some attacking football and score alot of goals(although you probably will concede shitloads).

this season I'd settle for not being relegated from the Championship. Attacking football and goals would be nice.

And this was so painful to watch it wasn't even funny.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9107091.stm
Ferguson looks broken.

yeah he does. I think he'll retire soon and martin o'neill will take his place.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Oct 19 2010 17:02

lols all 'round, lads. Especially at the twats who said Middlesbrough would come straight back up because "they have a good chairman, who won't just sack the manager after a few bad results; and a firm financial basis." The same clueless tosspots who said we'd be obliterated last season and disappear into the lower leagues forever.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Oct 19 2010 17:26

I don't think anyone could have predicted Gordon Strachan.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Oct 19 2010 17:34

Pretty much proves beyond all doubt that the old firm would be langushing in League One if they made the switch.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Oct 19 2010 18:27
Refused wrote:
Pretty much proves beyond all doubt that the old firm would be langushing in League One if they made the switch.

bollocks. they would work their way up the leagues(if they were forced to start in league two-or the old third division). They have massive support.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Oct 19 2010 18:38

Yeah, fuck off, so do Brentford.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Oct 19 2010 18:47
Refused wrote:
Yeah, fuck off, so do Brentford.

I hope your joking, i've been to quite a few Brentford games and quite a few Celtic matches. They don't compare. Anyway surely the whole Newcastle were too big for the Championship argument would be one that you would agree with?

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Oct 19 2010 20:05
allybaba wrote:
Refused wrote:
Yeah, fuck off, so do Brentford.

I hope your joking, i've been to quite a few Brentford games and quite a few Celtic matches. They don't compare. Anyway surely the whole Newcastle were too big for the Championship argument would be one that you would agree with?

You're right, I did the Bees a massive disservice. And no-one's too big for the Championship, sunshine.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Oct 19 2010 21:25

I see what you did there.

xslavearcx's picture
xslavearcx
Offline
Joined: 21-10-10
Oct 21 2010 19:31

the old firm would climb up the leagues if they went down to league 2. they dont seem to be prepared though to accept that they would need to start at the bottom of the pyramid and think they should just automatically get into the premiership..

whether their fans could sustain themselves if they went to the bottom of the pyramid would be interesting vis a vis the time frame it would take to get promoted up to the premiership as they know only being at the top and their attendances have been affected adversely when they have had short periods of lack of success (rangers were shown to be worse in that regard - nevertheless the same happened with celtic)

xslavearcx's picture
xslavearcx
Offline
Joined: 21-10-10
Oct 21 2010 19:36
Quote:
Pretty much proves beyond all
Pretty much proves beyond all doubt that the old firm would be langushing in League One if they made the switch.

the myth has been long perpetuated in scotland that the SPL is of the same calibre as the championship which ignores the crowd levels (except the old firm of course). Most of the SPL would be compareable to the bottom of league 1 and top of league 2.

its been deeply satisfying to see this proven where we basiclly have a big chunk of strachans celtic team that won a couple of titles doing so badly in the championship.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Oct 21 2010 22:58

Ian Holloway has a mini-meltdown

xslavearcx's picture
xslavearcx
Offline
Joined: 21-10-10
Oct 22 2010 09:17
jef costello wrote:
I don't think anyone could have predicted Gordon Strachan.

I thought that this would happen when gordon strachan took over and started bringing SPL players over . Hopefully this puts the myth of there being some parity between the SPL and the Championship to rest now.

watching scottish footballs demise has become strangely entertaining over the years.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Oct 22 2010 10:09
xslavearcx wrote:
jef costello wrote:
I don't think anyone could have predicted Gordon Strachan.

I thought that this would happen when gordon strachan took over and started bringing SPL players over . Hopefully this puts the myth of there being some parity between the SPL and the Championship to rest now.

watching scottish footballs demise has become strangely entertaining over the years.

I meant him being hired. He was obviously going to be shit.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Oct 22 2010 12:00

What was the point of all that then?

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Oct 22 2010 16:01
xslavearcx wrote:
jef costello wrote:
I don't think anyone could have predicted Gordon Strachan.

watching scottish footballs demise has become strangely entertaining over the years.

Fucking sado.

xslavearcx's picture
xslavearcx
Offline
Joined: 21-10-10
Oct 22 2010 16:04

well the content isnt going to work as far as entertainment goes...

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Oct 22 2010 16:07
xslavearcx wrote:
well the content isnt going to work as far as entertainment goes...

you seem to be an spl hater(I agree its a shit league). although loved it when celtic fucked up blackburn and liverpool 6 odd years ago, you lot shut up then.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Oct 22 2010 16:08

it was the mob protest that done it. wink

xslavearcx's picture
xslavearcx
Offline
Joined: 21-10-10
Oct 22 2010 16:16
allybaba wrote:
xslavearcx wrote:
well the content isnt going to work as far as entertainment goes...

you seem to be an spl hater(I agree its a shit league). although loved it when celtic fucked up blackburn and liverpool 6 odd years ago, you lot shut up then.

uch im just coming from the point of view of a disgruntled partick thistle supporter that only gets a kick out of witnessing old firm supporters having to deal with the terminal decline of their product. Its putting a positive spin on apathy really. Now what brand of anarchism should i pick to reflect that standpoint?

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Oct 22 2010 16:22
xslavearcx wrote:
allybaba wrote:
xslavearcx wrote:
well the content isnt going to work as far as entertainment goes...

you seem to be an spl hater(I agree its a shit league). although loved it when celtic fucked up blackburn and liverpool 6 odd years ago, you lot shut up then.

uch im just coming from the point of view of a disgruntled partick thistle supporter that only gets a kick out of witnessing old firm supporters having to deal with the terminal decline of their product. Its putting a positive spin on apathy really. Now what brand of anarchism should i pick to reflect that standpoint?

Anarcho syndicalism probly. Don't despair youse still have Simon Donnelly. wink

xslavearcx's picture
xslavearcx
Offline
Joined: 21-10-10
Oct 22 2010 16:26

and jackie macnamara! - i wonder what van hoindoink is up to these days??

i was hoping for some lifestylist dumpster diving brand would suit a luvvie like me?

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Oct 22 2010 16:30
xslavearcx wrote:
and jackie macnamara! - i wonder what van hoindoink is up to these days??

i was hoping for some lifestylist dumpster diving brand would suit a luvvie like me?

I didn't know you had him! He was a quality player in his day. Petrus van Hooijdonk was talking about the demise of the old firm in the press quite recently. Think hes retired now.

xslavearcx's picture
xslavearcx
Offline
Joined: 21-10-10
Oct 22 2010 17:19

we also had cadette playing for us for a couple of games in fairly bizzarre circumstances if i remember correctly.

Topic locked