I hate football

413 posts / 0 new
Last post
jef costello's picture
jef costello
Oct 9 2012 21:54
Harrison wrote:
jef costello wrote:
This choc ice mini-scandal was amusing, Rio Ferdinand proving once again that if he has a brain he doesn't use it.

imo he was within his rights to call ashley cole an uncle tom for testifying in defense of john terry racial abuse of ferdinand, its ironic that ferdinand then gets accused of racism.

ironic that he gets accused of racism for using a racist insult?

The problem is not that Terry is white, the problem is that he is a racist. The problem is not that Ashley Cole is white on the inside, the problem is that he is backing up a story so ridiculous the judge felt it necessary to comment on it and in doing so helping a racist escape punishment.

wojtek
Oct 10 2012 12:34

wojtek
Oct 11 2012 14:48

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/gallerymain/2012/10/9/as-roma-v-atalanta.ht...

flaneur's picture
flaneur
Oct 11 2012 15:55
Bruisedshins
Oct 19 2012 13:14

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

Report on the cost of supporting a football club.

Feel sorry for Arsenal fans, £950 for a season ticket is ludicrous.

Sadly the only way that ticket prcies are likely to be decreased are by a massive boycott by fans and although attendances are decreasing a mass boycott seems unlikely.

Bruisedshins
Oct 19 2012 13:20

Double post

wojtek
Oct 19 2012 20:08

Hmm to watch Macclesfield Town in the Conference for £289.00 or latics in the Premier League for £34 less...?

There are too many clubs. Too much money being diverted to players' salaries and those of their agents. Germany's the way to go most def. There's my uninformed opinion.

flaneur's picture
flaneur
Oct 20 2012 14:04

As much as I think top tier footballers are the labour aristocracy, they're still a commodity and clubs make far more use out of them than they pay in salary. They're not responsible for clubs' insolvency and fecklessness in pissing away money. Agents on the other hand...

Football is heading for a crash, and it's probably for the best. Let the big teams fuck off to do their long desired European league and the rest can get on with it.

xslavearcx's picture
xslavearcx
Oct 23 2012 16:38
Quote:
Football is heading for a crash, and it's probably for the best. Let the big teams fuck off to do their long desired European league and the rest can get on with it.

Defos. it would be a laugh from my bitter anti old firm perspective if neither rangers or celtic got a part in one of those superleague ideas they've been jerking off over for the last 20 years.

Bruisedshins
Oct 24 2012 15:50

If the propsed European super league does go ahead i just hope my tream are suffering from a similar inertia as they are now. Very few football fans are going to be able to afford trips to Milan or Barcelona every other week, I suppose in that respect this is a logical progression for modern football!

wojtek
Oct 25 2012 17:48

deleted

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Oct 25 2012 23:27
Bruisedshins wrote:
If the propsed European super league does go ahead i just hope my tream are suffering from a similar inertia as they are now.

Who are you team? If you think seriously about a European Super League which English teams could realistically get into it?

I suppose the first question here would be how many. I would imagine at least two, but not more than four, which to me leaves four, and only four candidates, United, City, Chelsea, and Arsenal.

If there were only three, which one would be cut? I have my own ideas.

Devrim

Bruisedshins
Oct 26 2012 15:07

My team is Villa Devrim so thinking about it we have no chance of being in such a league.

It really depends on how big this league is. If it's 20 teams then you'd think no more than 3 teams apeice from Italy, Spain, Germany and England, with perhaps one side from France, Holland, Portugal, Russia and Turkey and then take your pick of 3 sides from the other counties though i have no idea how they'd go about choosing the teams unless they did it based on performance in the chapions league over the last few years.

Either way it would be awful if your team was fortunate to be in it. The cost of travelling would be ridiculous, the ticket prices would probably be even more extortionate than they are now , you'd rarely witness any derby games unless you're from Milan or Manchester and teams involved in it would probably stop competing in domestic cups in order to stave off player fatigue, TV money to teams participating in domestic competition would inevitably decline which may not be such a bad thing.

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Nov 5 2012 10:17
Bruisedshins wrote:
My team is Villa Devrim so thinking about it we have no chance of being in such a league.

Yes, I would say absolutely no chance.

Quote:
It really depends on how big this league is.

Which would depend on whether they tried to run it alongside, or as an alternative to present domestic competitions.

Quote:
If it's 20 teams then you'd think no more than 3 teams apeice from Italy, Spain, Germany and England, with perhaps one side from France, Holland, Portugal, Russia and Turkey and then take your pick of 3 sides from the other counties though i have no idea how they'd go about choosing the teams unless they did it based on performance in the chapions league over the last few years.

I imagine that money making potential would have a lot to do with it. I think the fact that Turkey is UEFA's third biggest member by population, and has about three times the population of Holland and Portugal together might have some sort of influence.

Quote:
Either way it would be awful if your team was fortunate to be in it. The cost of travelling would be ridiculous, the ticket prices would probably be even more extortionate than they are now , you'd rarely witness any derby games unless you're from Milan or Manchester and teams involved in it would probably stop competing in domestic cups in order to stave off player fatigue,

But I think that it would be something mostly designed for a television audience. Of course the fans create the atmosphere which is something that they want to market, and a lack of away fans might be problematic.

Devrim

Topic locked