DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

I hate football

413 posts / 0 new
Last post
jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 14 2010 10:04
I hate football

Gordon Strachan, again unhappy with the team being tagged as favourites takes decisive action and manufactures a defeat against Roy Keane's bloody Ipswich.As a clever tactic to raise their price on the market he fails to sell £13M worth of players over the summer and then doesn't include them in the squad telling them that they can leave and he doesn't plan on playing them. Our academy is producing enough married players so he brings in a bunch of journeymen from scootland for high wages and often stupid fees. Don't worry though he's given free transfers or dumped on loan our best young players, what a great way to encourage kids to join our academy.

On the lighter side:

Harry Redknapp claims that William Galllas would be a great signing and not a desparate attempt to get some cover in because he has to of the best defenders around but they're always injured.

Alex Ferguson having a little panic and buying out a player's release clause for £7.4M when he was going cheap just five weeks earlier.

Everything about Yaya Toure's transfer.

Pretty much everything about Manchester City, from their inability to make Robinho play to their decision to make the most of 25 man squads by including 10 defensive midfielders.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Aug 14 2010 17:06

I love football, tbh. Even though we're going to get royally boned on Monday and probably all season.

At least we're not Middlesbrough.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Aug 14 2010 18:53

Can't really hear you over the sound of your sandwich munching, tbh.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 14 2010 21:03
Refused wrote:
I love football, tbh. Even though we're going to get royally boned on Monday and probably all season.

At least we're not Middlesbrough.

To try to get one up on your lot we've decided to try and outdo your shit scottish manager.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Aug 15 2010 14:36
jef costello wrote:
Gordon Strachan, again unhappy with the team being tagged as favourites takes decisive action and manufactures a defeat against Roy Keane's bloody Ipswich.As a clever tactic to raise their price on the market he fails to sell £13M worth of players over the summer and then doesn't include them in the squad telling them that they can leave and he doesn't plan on playing them. Our academy is producing enough married players so he brings in a bunch of journeymen from scootland for high wages and often stupid fees. Don't worry though he's given free transfers or dumped on loan our best young players, what a great way to encourage kids to join our academy.

On the lighter side:

Harry Redknapp claims that William Galllas would be a great signing and not a desparate attempt to get some cover in because he has to of the best defenders around but they're always injured.

Alex Ferguson having a little panic and buying out a player's release clause for £7.4M when he was going cheap just five weeks earlier.

Everything about Yaya Toure's transfer.

Pretty much everything about Manchester City, from their inability to make Robinho play to their decision to make the most of 25 man squads by including 10 defensive midfielders.

Mc Donald, Kris Boyd and Thompson are pretty good buys-you have the two top strikers from the SPL in the last few season and a decent midfielder. Although Strachans other managerial decisions sound abit mental.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 16 2010 00:29
allybaba wrote:
Mc Donald, Kris Boyd and Thompson are pretty good buys-you have the two top strikers from the SPL in the last few season and a decent midfielder. Although Strachans other managerial decisions sound abit mental.

Boyd is a decent signing on a free, but the others seem a bit overpriced. I've not really seen them play yet and I am predispoed to doubt Strachan on account of his ridiculously shit management last season which was only surpassed by his ridiculously shit excuses.

I think he's a secret agent for Sunderland.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Aug 16 2010 08:29
jef costello wrote:
allybaba wrote:
Mc Donald, Kris Boyd and Thompson are pretty good buys-you have the two top strikers from the SPL in the last few season and a decent midfielder. Although Strachans other managerial decisions sound abit mental.

Boyd is a decent signing on a free, but the others seem a bit overpriced. I've not really seen them play yet and I am predispoed to doubt Strachan on account of his ridiculously shit management last season which was only surpassed by his ridiculously shit excuses.

I think he's a secret agent for Sunderland.

Boyd is a natural finisher although I know rangers fans used to say his work rate was shite, he has apparently been working on that. Mc Donald also has a good goal scoring record and has a wierd scottish/aussie accent and he missed out on the world cup.

Strachan is probly a secret agent, celtic fans never really took to him as their was a conspiracy theory that he was actually a hun. When he played for aberdeen a celtic fan tried to attack him on the pitch also he has ginger hair which does not help. I saw him on a plane once and when he got up I was surprised how short he actually was.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 22 2010 23:27
allybaba wrote:
I saw him on a plane once.

You should have crashed that thing into a building.

It's the recession that has lowered attendances, not ruining the team.

Boris Badenov
Offline
Joined: 25-08-08
Aug 23 2010 14:58

is this what 'the lads' talk about over a couple of 'cans'?

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 23 2010 15:06

When they're not 'posting' their thoughts on the 'internet' I believe so.

Boris Badenov
Offline
Joined: 25-08-08
Aug 23 2010 15:09

I too am highly versed in obscure football hermeneutics. As Chomsky said, this is how the working class expresses our intelligence: through sports babble, because numbers and long, complex sentences confuse us.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Aug 23 2010 16:22
mateofthebloke wrote:
I too am highly versed in obscure football hermeneutics. As Chomsky said, this is how the working class expresses our intelligence: through sports babble, because numbers and long, complex sentences confuse us.

exactly you could never get it son....jog on wink

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Aug 23 2010 16:23
jef costello wrote:
allybaba wrote:
I saw him on a plane once.

You should have crashed that thing into a building.

It's the recession that has lowered attendances, not ruining the team.

You don't think stracho has a point about less cash to buy tickets? Or you still plotting his downfall cos hes ginger and a scot.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 23 2010 16:47
allybaba wrote:
Or you still plotting his downfall cos hes ginger and a scot.

Because he's an awful manager actually.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Aug 23 2010 18:16
jef costello wrote:
allybaba wrote:
Or you still plotting his downfall cos hes ginger and a scot.

Because he's an awful manager actually.

wink was only joking mate. Yeah. Well boydy scored yesterday. I wonder if you'll warm to him one day.

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Aug 23 2010 18:28

I am calling out all the dickheads.
We should play 5-aside day after bookfair.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Aug 23 2010 18:29
Choccy wrote:
I am calling out all the dickheads.
We should play 5-aside day after bookfair.

I cannae play anymore.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 23 2010 22:31
Choccy wrote:
I am calling out all the dickheads.
We should play 5-aside day after bookfair.

I'll play but I can't run and I could never do anything apart from tackle.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Aug 24 2010 08:21
Tommy Ascaso wrote:
Choccy wrote:
I am calling out all the dickheads.
We should play 5-aside day after bookfair.

Blatantly, but does it have to be the day after?

Yeah cos Choccy wants to stick pills up his butt on bookfair day.

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Aug 24 2010 10:15

What day do you suggest Tommy Ascaso? Friday night?

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Aug 24 2010 15:48

I play with school on a Friday night, though I'd have no problem with a Saturday morning if people would bother to show. Would have to split to do EWN stall though.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Aug 25 2010 19:08

"lol"

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 25 2010 19:49

You've got to love football pundits, Young Boys are dead and buried at half time of the second leg even though they're behind by the same amount as Spurs were in the first leg.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Aug 27 2010 18:08

Media is full of Spurs supporters and Redknapp loving twats. Half of them grew up in rural Essex but when questioned are definitely real cockernees innit, bruv*.

Yes, I know this is wrong. ;)

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Aug 27 2010 18:16

tbf, I think he knows the situation wasn't the same. The spunking over Spurs being in the Champions League is pretty tiresome though. Although, possibly only half as irritating as Spurs fans.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 27 2010 19:24
revol68 wrote:
jef costello wrote:
You've got to love football pundits, Young Boys are dead and buried at half time of the second leg even though they're behind by the same amount as Spurs were in the first leg.

yes, jef because that's how it works.

hello revol!

Refused wrote:
tbf, I think he knows the situation wasn't the same. The spunking over Spurs being in the Champions League is pretty tiresome though. Although, possibly only half as irritating as Spurs fans.

The demographics might not see the white flight return from chingford/essex but the jews are moving north so Spurs might become proper yiddos again. Although they're orthodox so they might prefer heebies.

Christian Chivu can fuck off with his silly helmet! If you need it because you broke your skull then you should do the fucking straps up.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Aug 27 2010 21:16
Tommy Ascaso wrote:
Whilst we're on the topic of Spurs, I was there when this happened:

FUCK LEEDS.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Aug 28 2010 08:35

Are you agreeing with me? Fucking turncoat. Have some balls!

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 28 2010 15:48

Soccer Saturday, some overexcitable men watching a game that you can't see even though you have five sky sports channels.
On the bright side apparently Wolves kicked the shit out of Joey Barton.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Aug 28 2010 23:50

lol. Out comes the jealousy. I'm not really sure how that picture illustrates NUFC having shit fans. Listen, it's not our fault all of youse who support other teams are fickle as fuck and just generally awful at supporting your clubs. Try going to a few matches. wink

And no, jef costello, no-one gives a shit about Middlebrough. Not now, not ever.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Aug 29 2010 07:08
Refused wrote:
And no, jef costello, no-one gives a shit about Middlebrough. Not now, not ever.

I do. You're just spoiled because you support everyone's favourite sports-related entertainment organisation.

Topic locked