Which do you prefer?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Agent of the International's picture
Agent of the In...
Nov 9 2012 23:17
Which do you prefer?

This is a short question. If you had no other choice for a revolutionary politics other than these two, which do you prefer and why? Liberalism or Marxism-Leninism?

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Nov 10 2012 11:19

Revolutionary liberalism?

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Nov 10 2012 12:52

No point answering this question, it is exactly this sort of shitty trot logic (either your a leninist or your a 'liberal' 'bourgeois' or whatever) that we should fight tooth and nail. Why do you even pose this question?

Agent of the In...
Nov 10 2012 17:26
Arbeiten wrote:
No point answering this question, it is exactly this sort of shitty trot logic (either your a leninist or your a 'liberal' 'bourgeois' or whatever) that we should fight tooth and nail. Why do you even pose this question?

I don't think I was putting up the logic of a Trot. It's more like a "what if.."-kind of question. It's not to be taken too seriously. I was just asking if there was nothing (say, libertarian communism) other than the two I mentioned, which of the two would you prefer. I was not saying that if your not a Leninist, than you must be liberal. In fact, I don't even consider Marxism-Leninism a revolutionary politics.

radicalgraffiti
Nov 11 2012 14:26

the thing is the question ignores everything about the nature of politics and political ideas.

Agent of the In...
Nov 11 2012 18:01
radicalgraffiti wrote:
the thing is the question ignores everything about the nature of politics and political ideas.

Well, I guess it is a badly worded question. But I didn't put much thought into it. So its my bad.

commieprincess's picture
commieprincess
Nov 11 2012 19:34

Leninists look like this:

Whereas liberals look like this:

jonthom's picture
jonthom
Nov 11 2012 20:31
Quote:
“Revolutionary liberal,” that sounds better to me, I think, storm the House of Parliament, kick the fucking doors in, get in there and say, “Look, we’ll pay for the damage.” Have a revolution, just budget for it, yeah? You know…

http://www.auntiemomo.com/cakeordeath/unrepeatabletranscript.html