What have you read recently?

100 posts / 0 new
Last post
willian
Apr 17 2020 06:19

FFXIV mining guide,lol

cactus9
May 1 2020 15:21

I read How the Light Gets in by Clare Fisher. It's pretty good.

comradeEmma's picture
comradeEmma
May 5 2020 18:13
R Totale wrote:
spacious wrote:
After this will probably read the new translation of Tronti's Workers and Capital that appeared with Verso.

I'll be interested to hear what you make of it - I impulsively bought it because it was half-price, but I'm finding it pretty difficult to get through, I suppose the Leninism of Tronti's language is one barrier but even beyond that, so far it seems a bit lacking in actual workers' inquiry compared to what I was expecting - far too much "the party must be based in the factory" and not enough "here's what it's actually like in the factory" for my tastes so far. Still, maybe it picks up once you get past the first bit

Now that I have almost finished Workers and Capital I too am very surprised by the leninist langue, both talking about the working-class party and workers' state, and the "inverse bolshevist" approach to the paper as a "collective organizer".

On the other question, I feel like the texts so far is like more of a justification of what was to become "militant surveys" and their use, more than like actually being the actual surveys. I don't think the writings would not have had the same effect if they had been just practical and not theoretical as a first step.

cactus9
Jun 19 2020 20:32

Normal People. I thought it was fucking great.

cactus9
Aug 4 2020 22:24

Lowborn, by Kerry Hudson.

cactus9
Aug 6 2020 22:12

Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata. Really enjoyed this.

zugzwang
Aug 6 2020 22:41

Anyone have a digital copy of Starving Amidst too Much and other IWW writings on the Food Industry? Contains some stuff by american wobbly/writer T-Bone Slim I wouldn't mind flipping through.

cactus9
Sep 14 2020 23:14

I'm reading a book called Skyhooks by Neil Campbell. It's really good and is written from, I would say, quite a communist perspective. Hopefully I will finish it soon. I also have another book of his called Zero Hours. Ironically I could only purchase them off Amazon.

cactus9
Sep 14 2020 23:16
cactus9 wrote:
Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata. Really enjoyed this.

I don't want to hammer this home too much but this book was actually a really stunning fictional analysis of capitalism and its effects on the worker.