DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

Things lib-communists say that you hate hearing all of the time

218 posts / 0 new
Last post
cresspot's picture
cresspot
May 25 2014 18:59

I made a speech the other day , I said, "my dear fellow workers, we are all comrades here. there's no doubting the fact that we're fellow workers working comradely upon things whose camaradarie concernes fellow workers, such as ourselves. as the situationists used to say, comrades and fellow workers are absorbed in the false totality of a comradely milieu that comraderizes their fellow workers before the absorption of the false totality of comradeship in the mediated social life becomes to that point, of premeditated comradality. fellow workers. we need to make situations out of the plethora of capitalistically disintegrating totalities.

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
May 25 2014 20:04

cresspot #215

Yup.

Railyon's picture
Railyon
Aug 13 2014 09:17
Reddebrek wrote:
The way some people use the word Dialectic. I've more then a few ists use the phrase "the Dialectic" to criticise or praise other people orgs and ists in a manner that seems to suggest that "the Dialectic" is a magical device that people can channel.

Maybe I've seen too much Star Wars but reading one of these criticisms that used "the dialectic" gave me a bizarre mental image of a blue tinged ghost of Karl Marx urging Lenin to "trust the Dialectic" and let go of Democratic Centralism. The way its so often used just makes me cringe now.

That's a great mental image.

Yeah, whenever 'the dialectic' comes up, you know you're in for a bumpy ride. I've been guilty of this myself, but in its defense you gotta say its a pretty extensive and difficult field of study if you want to really understand it.

Entdinglichung wrote:
all stuff by Marxistische Gruppe/GegenStandpunkt (apart from the pedagogical writings of Freerk Huisken), especially, when it comes to topics like race, gender, Africa, Iran, etc.

I like Peter Decker. Especially his talks. The magazine, not so much (their 'critique of bourgeois sciences' line of publications is A++ though). Karl Held was cool too.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Aug 14 2015 18:06

Libcom 1. I had some bananas for breakfast this morning.

Libcom 2. Fuck off you sanctimonious, lifestylist cretin!

Libcom 1. But I was only...

Libcom 2. Don't try that one you superior piece of shit, full communism without cheese isn't full communism, cavemen ate meat, full protein profile, anyway I like the taste of chocolate, milk etc.

Libcom 1. No really, I was just...

Libcom 2. Identity politics.

Libcom 1. Whaaaattt?

Libcom 2. HIPPIE!!!

Libcom 1. Ah, get to fuck, you heartless murdering commie cunt.

Libcom 2. See, you're all people haters.

Passing cow 1. Fucking hell! And these idiots actually think they're superior to us!

Passing cow 2. Aw, don't be too hard on them, they've probably got mad people disease.

Passing cow 1. Fuck off you species traitor, people apologist piece of dung...

Passing cow 2. Oh Christ, does anyone know the way to the abattoir...

Scallywag
Aug 14 2015 20:33
Reddebrek wrote:
The way some people use the word Dialectic. I've more then a few ists use the phrase "the Dialectic" to criticise or praise other people orgs and ists in a manner that seems to suggest that "the Dialectic" is a magical device that people can channel.

Maybe I've seen too much Star Wars but reading one of these criticisms that used "the dialectic" gave me a bizarre mental image of a blue tinged ghost of Karl Marx urging Lenin to "trust the Dialectic" and let go of Democratic Centralism. The way its so often used just makes me cringe now.

Agree, I am new to Marxism and still not entirely sure what the word means, I know its got something to do with change and historical processes and how two opposing forces can both be true about a particular phenomenon, but seeing it used in so many different contexts makes me always wondering what they mean by it. It does seem like some sort of magical word to me.

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Aug 14 2015 22:01

With a tip of the hat to Saving Private Ryan - Scallywag, you're a young man, don't do it!