Species and Class Update Thread

103 posts / 0 new
Last post
factvalue
Offline
Joined: 29-03-11
Aug 15 2014 22:51

There's no point in banning them, they really don't matter that much, and they'll only be back as Genusandstruggle or PhylumandBiscuits [btw never log on while on drugs at a much more interesting party than libcom, it's not wrong but we just don't do it it's FUCKING bad form and I promise I won't ever EVER you know? like, again]

Railyon's picture
Railyon
Offline
Joined: 4-11-11
Aug 15 2014 23:37

The most interesting fact about this group seems to me that there is at least one long-time libcommer involved (who's been a member for nearly four years I think). I remember his understanding of Capital to be full of holes, like a Swiss cheese. Trying to work animals into value theory just goes to show that.

Speciesandclass
Offline
Joined: 4-08-14
Aug 16 2014 09:26

Elizabeth Gurley Flynn was a vegetarian (at least for a time)

http://speciesandclass.com/2014/08/16/elizabeth-gurley-flynn-was-a-veget...

Gepetto's picture
Gepetto
Offline
Joined: 28-10-12
Aug 16 2014 11:21
Speciesandclass wrote:
Dialectic for a Happy Marriage

Marxist marital counseling is the last thing we need currently.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Offline
Joined: 7-08-06
Aug 16 2014 17:58

More spam... Definitely just gaming google.

Railyon's picture
Railyon
Offline
Joined: 4-11-11
Aug 16 2014 18:07

I am kind of interested in writing a blog length piece on why value theory and animals don't compute (but how, on the other hand, the analysis laid out in Capital can vitally enhance and complement an environmentalist perspective).

I have doubts they'd critically engage it, let alone reproduce it on their site, however.

Speciesandclass
Offline
Joined: 4-08-14
Aug 16 2014 23:27

We'd post it, Railyon. We would prefer if you wrote under your own name though, not a pseudonym.

Gepetto's picture
Gepetto
Offline
Joined: 28-10-12
Aug 16 2014 23:39
Speciesandclass wrote:
We'd post it, Railyon. We would prefer if you wrote under your own name though, not a pseudonym.

Roundup!

Railyon's picture
Railyon
Offline
Joined: 4-11-11
Aug 17 2014 13:41

snipfool
Offline
Joined: 9-06-11
Aug 20 2014 12:56

You've made several threads and posts linking to your blogs now, don't you think most people who'll want to read every single one will have bookmarked your website by now?

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Offline
Joined: 14-01-04
Aug 20 2014 13:15

Don't hold your breath for a reply.

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Offline
Joined: 16-05-11
Aug 20 2014 17:35

What happened to Theft's burger?

Admin: trolling will be removed. see the posting guidelines.

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Offline
Joined: 16-05-11
Aug 20 2014 17:54
plasmatelly wrote:
What happened to Theft's burger?

Admin: trolling will be removed. see the posting guidelines.

What's that supposed to mean? Am I trolling or is the picture of a burger an act of trolling?

petey
Offline
Joined: 13-10-05
Aug 20 2014 17:58

crikey i'd forgotten about that

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Offline
Joined: 16-05-11
Aug 20 2014 17:55

@Theft - who you calling a cop?

libcom's picture
libcom
Offline
Joined: 20-03-05
Aug 20 2014 17:57
plasmatelly wrote:
What's that supposed to mean? Am I trolling or is the picture of a burger an act of trolling?

Theft has now been temp-banned for repeatedly trolling the thread with meat pictures and flaming. Posts have been unpublished. We asked speciesandclass to keep their links in one thread, and they're doing that. We'll discuss whether they're just link spamming.

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Offline
Joined: 16-05-11
Aug 20 2014 18:02

Nevermind, I didn't know pictures of meat were banned. Are kidney beans? Bloody awful things..

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Offline
Joined: 15-07-06
Aug 20 2014 18:03
libcom wrote:
Theft has now been temp-banned for repeatedly trolling the thread with meat pictures and flaming.

I think it shows how well the animalists are getting their ideas across when they cause someone like Theft, who is a vegetarian, to respond like that.

Devrim

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Offline
Joined: 18-12-12
Aug 20 2014 18:54
libcom wrote:
plasmatelly wrote:
What's that supposed to mean? Am I trolling or is the picture of a burger an act of trolling?

Theft has now been temp-banned for repeatedly trolling the thread with meat pictures and flaming. Posts have been unpublished. We asked speciesandclass to keep their links in one thread, and they're doing that. We'll discuss whether they're just link spamming.

Hmmm, I kind of see why admins took that decision but I don't like it - it's one thing when a new poster turns up and starts pure trolling but when it comes to regular long term posters I think it's better that we all know any aspect of their views and personality they display so that we know, as much as you can know on the internet, what they're about.
I saw a picture of a steak(big deal) but don't know what else has been posted so maybe Theft was out of order? If it was just a steak I don't really see vegans getting offended. One thing though - troll posts should at least be funny so maybe the ban is simply for below par trolling.

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Offline
Joined: 16-05-11
Aug 20 2014 19:02

Webby - an attempt at humour with the burger, but wasn't. Then pictures of meat like a huffy child. Hardly worth banning someone for. Being abusive is something else, but I'd put this down to being a cranky hipster..

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Offline
Joined: 18-12-12
Aug 20 2014 19:08
plasmatelly wrote:
Webby - an attempt at humour with the burger, but wasn't. Then pictures of meat like a huffy child. Hardly worth banning someone for. Being abusive is something else, but I'd put this down to being a cranky hipster..

I'm really lost now???!!!!!

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Offline
Joined: 16-05-11
Aug 20 2014 19:18

The posts have been deleted but, that was basically what it was. No idea why he started slagging me off.

Fall Back's picture
Fall Back
Offline
Joined: 22-09-03
Aug 21 2014 08:28
Devrim wrote:
libcom wrote:
Theft has now been temp-banned for repeatedly trolling the thread with meat pictures and flaming.

I think it shows how well the animalists are getting their ideas across when they cause someone like Theft, who is a vegetarian, to respond like that.

Devrim

Conversely, how well Theft comes over that he causes the admins to ban him for posting pictures of meat.

Devrim's picture
Devrim
Offline
Joined: 15-07-06
Aug 21 2014 08:37
Fall Back wrote:
Devrim wrote:
libcom wrote:
Theft has now been temp-banned for repeatedly trolling the thread with meat pictures and flaming.

I think it shows how well the animalists are getting their ideas across when they cause someone like Theft, who is a vegetarian, to respond like that.

Devrim

Conversely, how well Theft comes over that he causes the admins to ban him for posting pictures of meat.

Yes, you have a point too.

Devrim

Speciesandclass
Offline
Joined: 4-08-14
Aug 21 2014 11:19

History: Pankhurst practiced prefigurative vegetarianism

http://speciesandclass.com/2014/08/21/pankhurst-practiced-prefigurative-...

factvalue
Offline
Joined: 29-03-11
Aug 21 2014 11:29

So? Alexander the Great ate my hamster.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Offline
Joined: 14-01-04
Aug 21 2014 11:42

I thought it was Freddie Star.

Railyon's picture
Railyon
Offline
Joined: 4-11-11
Aug 21 2014 14:22

Dear speciesandclass,

in what format do you accept contributions? Do you want plain txt files, or a pdf? Or html? I could also get you LaTeX files because that's what I'm writing it in.

Speciesandclass
Offline
Joined: 4-08-14
Aug 21 2014 14:34

Just send it in the body of an email through the contribute page on our website. thanks

factvalue
Offline
Joined: 29-03-11
Aug 21 2014 20:33
Serge Forward wrote:
I thought it was Freddie Star.

That's just his nomme de manger.

Topic locked