Not ALL nations are capitalist

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Henri Headache
Jan 9 2014 08:13
Not ALL nations are capitalist

As a lurker of libcom (normally) I’ve understood you are against all nations. But this seems very dogmatic to me. Surely it’s about time that libcom reassess such a narrow attitude, because some nations are potentially not dominated by capitalist social relations. It seems to be quite a determinist point of view, in fact. Of course, all interaction between people everywhere expresses some elements of the contradictions of capitalism, but we should distinguish between the very obviously capitalist nations and those which tend to oppose capitalism.

I myself have gone to Insemi and Polli and then onto Impreg and Germi, and there was nothing particularly capitalist about the experience.
Of the very obviously capitalist nations - I would group the following: Abomi, Alie, Coro, Contami, Domi, Indoctri, Machi, Resig, Rui and Subordi.
But nations like Combi, Coordi, Dissemi, Expla, Illumi, Imagi, Indig, Peregri and Reexami are not intrinsically capitalist. On a personal level, in the constant war between Stag and Rejuve, I side with Rejuve every time.
And at this time of the year, I think Hiber is worth a visit.
And though Self-Determi has been co-opted by capitalists ever since Woodrow Wilson, outside of any capitalist perspective, it seems like somewhere everybody should aim for by going via Insubordi.

What do you think?

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Jan 9 2014 10:27

boozemonarchy's picture
boozemonarchy
Jan 11 2014 14:02

Perhaps we can continue this in the bin? wink

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Jan 11 2014 18:14

Narnia is still pretty non-capitalist, but they've got that shit ruler Aslan or summat, so fuck 'em.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jan 11 2014 18:38
Quote:
Narnia is still pretty non-capitalist, but they've got that shit ruler Aslan or summat, so fuck 'em.

Speciesist scum! Admins - ban, NOW!!!

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Jan 11 2014 20:26

is Sauron an anti-capitalist? discuss!

WordShaker's picture
WordShaker
Jan 11 2014 20:52

And the social revolution is already underway in the Culmi Nation, I presume.

Standfield's picture
Standfield
Jan 12 2014 12:47
Khawaga wrote:

It's a well known fact that Narnia is a Christian fundamentalist state. A recent photo showing Aslan and his government enjoying their supper has come to light, while on the wings, his people suffer at the paws of his brutal police. If there was any justice, that supper would be his last.

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Jan 12 2014 13:04

I've seen that before.. Is it in the British History Museum?

Standfield's picture
Standfield
Jan 12 2014 13:16

Good spot, yep smile

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Jan 12 2014 13:23
plasmatelly wrote:

And you call yourself a prole! [/scowl]

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Jan 12 2014 19:18
Chilli Sauce wrote:
plasmatelly wrote:

And you call yourself a prole! [/scowl]

I was delivering coal.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jan 12 2014 19:41
Quote:
I was delivering coal.

Pants are officially pissed!

Ethos's picture
Ethos
Jan 12 2014 22:16
Entdinglichung wrote:
is Sauron an anti-capitalist? discuss!

This one's easy: Dude's always chasing after gold, so he's obviously one of those Austrian school of economics nutters.