Manchester afed

107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Nov 26 2013 23:03

I was friends with 2 racists skinheads a long time ago. It was a friendship brought about through circumstance but I liked these guys none the less. Last I heard of them they were very involved anti racist activists although unfortunately of the reformist type. My point is, I doubt they would have changed their view if everybody had refused to engage with them in any way.
At a lower level, my family is full of racists but I'm not going to separate myself from them. They are WRONG but they are not bad. As for my workplace, fucking hell, refusing to talk to racists, or sexists, or homophobes would be tantamount to taking a vow of silence.
Fence sitting? There's no splinters in my arse - I just choose to be realistic.

Picket's picture
Picket
Nov 26 2013 23:06

I suppose there is a bit of a difference between "casual racism" and membership of an actual racist organisation that goes out and harasses people? AES probably disagrees with me grin

I'm quite glad that I don't think I know any (explicit) racists at all! I've worked with one, and I told him his jokes were not funny.

AES's picture
AES
Nov 26 2013 23:13

Members of the EDL and other racist organisations are not friends of ours

Picket's picture
Picket
Nov 26 2013 23:15
AES wrote:
Members of the EDL and other racist organisations are not friends of ours

No, but I don't think that really needs said does it?

OK maybe it does for Anti's sake.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 26 2013 23:20

I asked afed if they explain why they're so vehemently fascist, will someone explain? I haven't internalized it as much as other things.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 26 2013 23:22

I know anarchist are anti-fascist someone from Leeds afed was arrested (the tower hamlets protest 8th September). Although EDL are bad, does anyone reckon there as bad as BNP or NF or B & h of c18?

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Nov 27 2013 05:06
Quote:
I'm quite glad that I don't think I know any (explicit) racists at all! I've worked with one, and I told him his jokes were not funny.

Really? You should come to work with me some time. Or meet my sister. Er, or my aunt. Oh, and to a degree my dad. Fucking hell, the shit these people come out with! I've tried to reason with them, I've sent links to anti racist articles. None of it has made any difference, well, possibly it made them decide I'm even weirder than they already think. It's pretty simple - I am related to, and work with, people that are ill informed and bigoted. I can't change them and it's impractical to cut them out of my life. In fact, even if it was practical I wouldn't want to, at least with some of them.
So, what does that make me? An apologist?
I would be interested to know how, as a working class person living and working in the UK(in the construction industry), I am supposed to live without any interaction with racists.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 26 2013 23:24

Precisely! How incredibly mature! Although I'm anti-fascist and this is really gonna piss people off and I'll probably be banned, but I find John Tyndall very inspiring.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 26 2013 23:27

Michael Hardt said that a revolution is a change of human nature, racism probably won't go until capitalism and the state go.

Theft's picture
Theft
Nov 26 2013 23:31

John Tyndall on the left, is this the image you find inspiring?????????

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Nov 26 2013 23:38
Antianimalmassholocaustanarchist12 wrote:
I find John Tyndall very inspiring.

Oh. Fuck.

On second thoughts, this is possibly all a big wind up.

AES's picture
AES
Nov 26 2013 23:42
Serge Forward wrote:
...this is possibly all a big wind up.

exactly

Reddebrek's picture
Reddebrek
Nov 26 2013 23:50
Antianimalmassholocaustanarchist12 wrote:
Precisely! How incredibly mature! Although I'm anti-fascist and this is really gonna piss people off and I'll probably be banned, but I find John Tyndall very inspiring.

And yet your surprised Afed gave you the brush off?

You know I've read this thread something your comment style made ridiculously difficult but despite all the responses to you I think they've all missed something out.

You're clearly a liar, you repeatedly say you're anti fascist and say you know why Anarchists should be too. And yet you seem to be incapable of grasping why AF an Anarchist organisation is Anti fascist, that simply can't be true, they contradict each other. If you were an antifascist you would already know (in general anyway) why the AF has those policies, so either your lying about that or pretending not to know why AF is the way it is, for what reason I'm sure I haven't a clue.

I also read that other car crash of a thread, there you claimed to be an AF member but apparently they don't even bother returning your emails.

If you want to wind people up on the internet here's some free advice,
A: be funny (intentionally)
B: be consistent.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 26 2013 23:53

What inspired me was him being anti Thatcher and capitalist, here's a link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qVs-1_Ir94Y I'm try and be anti-dogma, obviously I'm anti-nazi as my name suggests.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 27 2013 00:01

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism read line 7 if you want and click on the citation.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 27 2013 00:35

I'll probably borrow this: http://librariesonline.stoke.gov.uk/vs/List.csp?SearchT1=Trilling+&Index... maybe that'll convince me.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 27 2013 00:38

I feel sorry for fascists, I thought anarchists would want to stick up for the underdog, although not if they put it into action, obviously then, resist.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Nov 27 2013 00:44

Yeah, wind up merchant. You initially had some people's sympathy but now you've been rumbled. Sayonara.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 27 2013 00:55

Is anyone anti-dogma?

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Nov 27 2013 05:17
Serge Forward wrote:
Yeah, wind up merchant. You initially had some people's sympathy but now you've been rumbled. Sayonara.

If you're right Serge, then I truly feel like the world's most gullible twat. All the same, I really hope you are right so that I can stop feeling concerned about this guy.

I would still be interested in what people think about dealing with racist family members and workmates.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 27 2013 05:51

Why gullible? Are you dogmatic? You don't appear to be.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 27 2013 06:11

I think regarding racists workmates and family that all humans and cough animals have inherent worth irrespective of being racist.

Tyrion's picture
Tyrion
Nov 27 2013 07:18

Frankly, Anti, you might as well stop posting if you're going to continue to refuse to engage with the numerous, generous responses to your generally incoherent posts.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Nov 27 2013 07:34

I don't know, didn't someone from AF meet with Anti in person? I'm not sure this is a wind-up.

That said, Anti, and I don't mean to be patronizing, but I think maybe you should focus on your mental health for a bit. I have to say, I found that bit about admiring a Nazi pretty fucking shocking and if I thought you were more mentally stable, I'd rip into you so hard your grandchildren would feel it. That's just not f*cking cool.

Anyway, Webby:

Quote:
At a lower level, my family is full of racists but I'm not going to separate myself from them. They are WRONG but they are not bad. As for my workplace, fucking hell, refusing to talk to racists, or sexists, or homophobes would be tantamount to taking a vow of silence.

As, I think, Pikel said, there's a big difference between casual racism and ideological racism. My family is full of racists - including one NYPD uncle who I broke off relations with because he kept emailing me explicitly racist "jokes". But for most of them, it's a slow process of trying to engage them in their racist comments.

On the other hand, if someone is ideologically racist or joins a racist organization, they can f*ck off. Organized, violent racism like the EDL or skinheads is not something to engaged with, it's something to be opposed with physical force. It's great if some of them later come around, but in the mean time, boots to the head.

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 27 2013 08:06

I agree re violence, I hate racism; http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rIt5K3_9Mso

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 27 2013 08:18

Any recommendations of what I can say to the EDL member, chilli sauce?

Antianimalmassh...
Nov 27 2013 08:18

Any recommendations of what I can say to the EDL member, chilli sauce?

Battlescarred
Nov 27 2013 10:53

Please bin this thread, PLEASE!!!!

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Nov 27 2013 11:14

If it was me, I'd tell him I don't feel comfortable being friends with a member of the EDL. I don't think you need to engage them much beyond that. If they ask why, tell them it's a racist organisation. And end the conversation there.

factvalue
Nov 27 2013 12:03

Unless it's inappropriate does anyone in the Fed from their own experience of him have an opinion on how to respond to this, as in: is it just a wind-up?/is he EDL?/is he a person in crisis?/is it just terrible gibberish?

Topic locked