DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

Introductions

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
Devrim's picture
Devrim
Apr 22 2006 19:44
Introductions

Please use this thread to tell people who you are and something about yourself.

Devrim (Moderator)

admin: defunct thread now locked

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 22 2006 19:45

And how about where you're from as well?

John - UK - libcom.org admin

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Apr 22 2006 20:28

OK, I'll invite some Esperanto speaking anarchos. See if they want to try it out. If you don't know already, I'm a member of the Anarchist Federation, the Industrial Workers of the World, Sennacieca Asocio Tutmonda and its Liberecana Frakcio.

En ordo, mi invitos iujn esperant-parolantajn anarkiistojn. Ni vidu cxu ili volus provi gxin. Se vi ne jam konas min, mi estas ano de brita Anarkiista Federacio, la Industriaj Laboristoj de 'l Mondo, SAT kaj la Liberecana Frakcio.

Anonymous
Apr 22 2006 21:11

Hello!

I am a philosophia teacher from Turkey. I have been trying to learn English for long time.I learned in secondary school for three years and in high school for two years and at the univercity for one year.But I couldn't learn it.I have got some learning problems about foreign language or they have got some teaching problems about foreign language. I don't know. In Turkey all the people who are in my position can't learn foreign language in the state school, so it's not my fault.

PissedOnceMore
Apr 23 2006 03:39

Hi, I'm an English teacher in Bangkok, Thailand. Many years ago I was a member of the Anarchist Communist Federation. They cut out the 'Communist' bit from their name - now their name is Anarchist Federation (AF). You might think my username PissedOnceMore confused - well, Pissed has two meanings :

1)

angry

and 2)

get drunk

But, in Thailand, it's very hard to be angry smile

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Apr 23 2006 07:48

Hi guest from Turkey, maybe you'll improve your English with some anarcho-communism wink

PissedOnceMore, I must know you then as I've been in the AF/ACF since 1986. I'm the noisy Manchester bloke who was in the London group. Now I'm in Leicester.

Admin: Bloke=man

Mike Harman
Apr 23 2006 07:52
Quote:
bloke

OliverTwister's picture
OliverTwister
Apr 23 2006 13:28

Saluton, mia nomo estas Oliver, mi estas ano de la Lavoristoj Industriaj de l' Mundo kaj La Kolektivo "Finstacio de Kapital'" (grupo anarki-komunista). Kiam mi havas tempon, aligxos al SAT kaj gxia Liberecana Frakcio.

Hi, I'm Oliver, I'm a member of the Industrial Workers of the World and the Capital Terminus Collective (an anarcho-communist group). When I have time I will join the world anti-nationalist association and its Libertarian Faction.

PissedOnceMore
Apr 23 2006 14:25
Serge Forward wrote:
Hi guest from Turkey, maybe you'll improve your English with some anarcho-communism wink

PissedOnceMore, I must know you then as I've been in the AF/ACF since 1986. I'm the noisy Manchester bloke who was in the London group. Now I'm in Leicester.

Admin: Bloke=man

Yes, indeed, I do remember. I'm the kiwi bloke who was in the London group. Good to know you're still at it.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Apr 23 2006 22:19
PissedOnceMore wrote:
Yes, indeed, I do remember. I'm the kiwi bloke who was in the London group. Good to know you're still at it.

Hey hey! Good to hear from you. I wondered what happened to you after you went back.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Apr 23 2006 22:20
Catch wrote:
Quote:
bloke

Yes, sorry about that. In future, I'll explain any words like that.

PissedOnceMore
Apr 24 2006 05:28
Serge Forward wrote:
PissedOnceMore wrote:

Hey hey! Good to hear from you. I wondered what happened to you after you went back.

Yeah well, a bit of disillusionment, blah, blah. Now if I remember correctly your first name begins with the letter 'R'?

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Apr 24 2006 07:24

That's me!

Tojiah's picture
Tojiah
Oct 7 2006 14:33

I'm an anarchist from Israel/Palestine. I've only recently become truly active about it: my first serious actions had to do with the recent Israeli offensive in Lebanon.

I'm most closely associated with the so-called Pink Bloc (who hosted this summer's Queeruption), though I like to choose my own activities.

I've been trying for a while now to develop my ideas, but the previous forum I went to wasn't that conducive to profound discussions. Hopefully, this place will prove to be a better source of political inspiration.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 7 2006 14:57

welcome TOJ!

yeah we don't have many posters from israel:
http://libcom.org/profile/profile_location/Israel

but i know we have at least one from the UK who's over there now. Welcome to the boards anyway, hope you enjoy yourself. Please feel free to use all the forums on the site!

Nico37
Jul 24 2007 15:07

I'm from France (Tours), i'm a former member of the CN-AIT and presently involved in a @ bookshop projet called La Niche. See www.anartoka.com/laniche (Fr), a new intro is at work, maybe it will be translated ???

Bill Shatner's picture
Bill Shatner
Oct 22 2007 18:48

Here's a shout out to all my mates from the formerly relevant but now completely detached from the people Leninsist graveyard known as Revleft - where "The great Mummy's" corpse is on display for worship from 12 am to 12 pm Monday through Sunday.

Sorry Malte, the truth is the truth.

Since I have been recently "purged" after many years of posting there, I have been looking for a good site with the majority of members sharing my anti Leninist and anti Orthodox Marxist ideology- hopefully this is it.

Raffie is back in the saddle again.

Kattmannen's picture
Kattmannen
May 16 2008 14:31

Sorry for my bad manners, started posting a bit but totally forgot to introduce myself.
I'm a member of Solna LS which is a local of the SAC. I'm interested in workplace struggle and organizing. Doesn't have to be unionized issues though, I think both union and outside-union struggle is needed to raise the temperature. Will most probably post some stuff on what is going on in Sweden and keep myself updated on what fellow workers around the globe is up to. Something like that. Lots of posts on here though, lets see if I can keep up with all this information...

Work as a geek with busines information systems and integrations.

I hope you all have a nice weekend!

red n black star

menorcan's picture
menorcan
May 7 2009 21:31

Hi compañeros!

I am a new member of this forum, I am from Menorca, a little island of Balearic Islands (spain) in the Mediterranean Sea. I have know this forum by alasbarricadas.org. Alasbarricadas.org is an anarchist contra-info and forums from Spain. I speak a little bit English and I want to learn more and I think a good idea is learn in an english anarchist forum.

wink

Skips
May 8 2009 14:07
menorcan wrote:
Hi compañeros!

I am a new member of this forum, I am from Menorca, a little island of Balearic Islands (spain) in the Mediterranean Sea. I have know this forum by alasbarricadas.org. Alasbarricadas.org is an anarchist contra-info and forums from Spain. I speak a little bit English and I want to learn more and I think a good idea is learn in an english anarchist forum.

;)

Bienvenido camarada.

civillianslave
Jun 18 2009 11:19

Hello,

I am a new member from Glasgow,involved with the Glasgow anarchists, and AFED (though I am not a member yet) Was reffered to here by a friend from AFED as I was in desperate need of a good anarchist news/forum discussion site. And so here i am .

Greetings #:)

Ricardo Fuego
Jun 18 2009 21:42

Hi, my name's Ricardo. I'm from Argentina and I participate in the CICA project (Círculo Internacional de Comunistas Antibolcheviques - International Circle of Antibolshevik Communists).

I also take part in the Lista por la Autonomía Proletaria (List of the Proletarian Autonomy), a mailing-list that was developed from CICA's proposal of international intellectual cooperation (spanish and portuguese speakers for now).

CICA's site is in http://www.geocities.com/cica_web/ (we will move to another server in the next months, because Geocities will close this year).

Rojillo Ibérico's picture
Rojillo Ibérico
Sep 26 2009 19:06

Hi, I'm come from Valencia in Spain. I sympathiser of ICC, but I dissagree with any kind of sectarianism. I like lib com cause it's probably the most interesting libertarian web at www. There are internationalist coherent posittions and high level of discussions.

I'll be glad of promote libcom between "spanish" anarkos, cause there a lot of nationalist influence between em'.

I know Ricardo's web, There are a lot of prominent revolutionary writings in Spanish and Portugese.

And I suggest about the possibility of a forum in Spanish language here (to libcom or to companions)

Salud

Osasuna

gypsy
Sep 26 2009 19:28

I joined eventually after about a year of reading articles and discussions on this site. I like the way most of the ppl on here emphasise the importance of class, mutual aid and solidarity and the importance of changing the economic order rather than hippy/individualist crap.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Sep 27 2009 16:51

welcome to libcom new people red n black star

Rojillo, sabes los foros en a las barricadas? es anarquista, no sé si la política es bueno por que no hablo español muy bien (veo anticivilización y liberación nacional en el inicio neutral ...)

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Sep 27 2009 18:43
Rojillo Ibérico wrote:
Hi, I'm come from Valencia in Spain. I sympathiser of ICC, but I dissagree with any kind of sectarianism. I like lib com cause it's probably the most interesting libertarian web at www. There are internationalist coherent posittions and high level of discussions.

I'll be glad of promote libcom between "spanish" anarkos, cause there a lot of nationalist influence between em'.

I know Ricardo's web, There are a lot of prominent revolutionary writings in Spanish and Portugese.

And I suggest about the possibility of a forum in Spanish language here (to libcom or to companions)

Salud

Osasuna

Welcome to the boards, at one time libcom had foreign language forums but they were not used very much.
You can have spanish language discussion in this forum.

Social
Dec 4 2009 22:12

Hi i am from St.Louis and i just became a libertarian communist. i used to be a social democrat, I am hoping to do some activist work instead of being an Internet armchair revolutionary, which i am.

Hallo, ich komme aus St.Louis und ich genau werde ein Anarcho communist(ich kann der wort fur libertarian auf deutsch nicht suchen) und ich mochte mit mein deutsch helfen um mitgelder wer deutsch sprechen.

petey
Dec 4 2009 22:23

welcome, but i have to warn you:

Quote:
Favourite thinkers
Bill Maher, Bill Moyers

might not go over with everyone here

Social
Dec 6 2009 04:07

i don't care if they liberal, and bill maher is funny. just because i like them makes me a liberal.

Pod
Dec 12 2009 15:17

Hi there
I've just joined the board. I'm an anarcha-feminist (but that doesn't mean i'm not into class struggle) keen to discuss and continue to develop my ideas.

Baderneiro Miseravel
Dec 12 2009 17:12

Hello there. I've just joined this board after a few weeks of watching the discussions here.

I'm a teenager from Brazil, currently not really identified with any current, but with strong influence of Marx, the situationists, the critique of the commodity producting system conducted by the Krisis! group, and recently some anarcho-communist and insurrectionist dudes.

Hope to be able to discuss, share and develop ideas and experiences with you guys.

Topic locked