DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

anti-conspiracy theory and new age spiritual bullshit?

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
KriegPhilosophy's picture
KriegPhilosophy
Nov 25 2011 00:54
anti-conspiracy theory and new age spiritual bullshit?

Any books or documentary's refuting David Icke, Alex jones, Charlie Veitches, the whole hippy spiritual bollocks. I have come into contact with these people numerous times I find it easy to equate what they believe in with religion. Also the whole new right conspiracy ("cultural" Marxism, Infiltration of Islam into society) I think is merging with the wider Conspiracy theory bollocks (common purpose, mercury filled vaccines, chem trails).

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Nov 25 2011 01:22

I know the the stuff you mean. Just today i heard someone say 'sheeple'. But there isn't any books on the matter i don't think....

proletarian.
Nov 25 2011 02:54

I think some essays have been mentioned before on the forums, try doing some searches. I know this site has been mentioned before 9/11 CultWatch

Railyon's picture
Railyon
Nov 25 2011 10:26
KriegPhilosophy wrote:
hippy spiritual bollocks

"Hippy" has become the new "Untermensch", eh?

Gotta love how that word is pasted to everything not based in materialism or rational though. Has that connotation of worthlessness and inactivity the way it is used, kinda like "sheeple" in a reverse direction.

proletarian.
Nov 26 2011 00:10

Also that bloke from the website on the radio Circled A Radio Show

Mr. Jolly's picture
Mr. Jolly
Nov 26 2011 13:11

This is worth a watch if a little meandering and liberal.

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Looking at the mother of all conspiracy theories and how it still has weight within certain countries
and communities.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7169205203825782546

Black Badger
Nov 26 2011 15:42

I purchased that film just to show a few friends that antisemitism remains a potent ideology of populists of the left and right. The disturbing trend among some Occupys to allow - or even promote - this Protocols bullshit has not received enough refutation.

Croy's picture
Croy
Nov 26 2011 17:52

Personally I think Charlie Veitch has been doing some fucking good work recently. I would not call him a hippie either.

For instance
http://youtu.be/iw1Y7FGLCWs
http://youtu.be/yuRLL2NEAM4

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Nov 26 2011 18:06

I fucking HATE the word sheeple.

Mr. Jolly's picture
Mr. Jolly
Nov 26 2011 18:15

Veitch is a tit.

Mr. Jolly's picture
Mr. Jolly
Nov 26 2011 18:26

Amusing watching him completely ended about the 911 conspiracy

Croy's picture
Croy
Nov 26 2011 19:14

can u give me a time reference for that vid or is he in it for the whole of it

Mr. Jolly's picture
Mr. Jolly
Nov 26 2011 19:33

You have to really watch the whole of his road to damascus experience but 18:42 is probably the moment his head pops.

Croy's picture
Croy
Nov 26 2011 19:30

Before I do, I do believe he is officially announced his 911 u turn some time ago on his channel.

Mr. Jolly's picture
Mr. Jolly
Nov 26 2011 19:51

Yeah that was in response to what he found during the making of this film.

edit

Are you suggesting that this was faked for some ulterior motive with an illuminati back story?

Croy's picture
Croy
Nov 26 2011 20:31

No, I hate it when people go on about the illuminati, because they are just talking about the ruling class really. What I find more ridiculous though is this whole thing about lizards, that's just laughable.

action_now
Nov 26 2011 20:49

i thought we were into this lizard stuff, no?

Croy's picture
Croy
Nov 27 2011 17:29

I did watch the thing in the end. It has not really changed my opinion of him in a negative way, in fact it has done it in a positive way. He showed he was open to embracing new ideas and was not a stubborn die hard conspiracy theorist that has no interest in anarchism/class struggle or whatever else you/we think they should be doing

Picket's picture
Picket
Nov 27 2011 19:14

Croydonian, I don't know how you can hold up the second Veitch video as "fucking good work", it was rambling and full of nonsense. I've never heard of the boy before, his heart seems in the right place, but I don't think he's very grounded.

Croy's picture
Croy
Nov 27 2011 19:49

Here is some good points I drew from the video that I would cite as reasons why I said he was doing some "fucking good work".

1. there are new predators in the state etc , shows continuation from different ruling class' and how they are still the same
2. uses the word slave(although not wage slavery)
3. representative aka bourgeois democracy is shit - it is just manufacturing consent (phrase from chomsky, an anarchist, a largely good source)
4. voting dosen't change shit
5. explicitly says he is anti statist
6. the police are agents of the state and are out to protect the rich etc
7. autonomy/freedom is the most important thing at the end
8. speaks out against EDL
9. gives warning about organizing on fb/social media

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Nov 27 2011 19:53

I have to admit. I am abit naughty on this one. I have got no excuse for disliking Veitch apart from the fact I think he is a smarmy self serving prick. I just can't help it and I have no excuse...

I t was easier when he was a 9/11 whack job....

Picket's picture
Picket
Nov 27 2011 20:04
the croydonian anarchist wrote:
Here is some good points I drew from the video that I would cite as reasons why I said he was doing some "fucking good work".

1. there are new predators in the state etc , shows continuation from different ruling class' and how they are still the same
2. uses the word slave(although not wage slavery)
3. representative aka bourgeois democracy is shit - it is just manufacturing consent (phrase from chomsky, an anarchist, a largely good source)
4. voting dosen't change shit
5. explicitly says he is anti statist
6. the police are agents of the state and are out to protect the rich etc
7. autonomy/freedom is the most important thing at the end
8. speaks out against EDL
9. gives warning about organizing on fb/social media

Fine, but I don't think there's anything in there to call "fucking good work" except in comparison perhaps to what he's said in the past, which I'm not familiar with.

I do appreciate his obvious passion though.

Mr. Jolly's picture
Mr. Jolly
Nov 27 2011 20:37

I think when he says 'slave' can be easily swapped for 'sheeple' which he has used in the pat. That alone deserves a decking, the posh arrogant twat. From loud mouthed obnoxious officer class at sandhurst to loud mouthed posh gobby obnoxious officer class amongst the NWO goons.

Maybe a bit harsh, but I'm in a bad mood.

Picket's picture
Picket
Nov 27 2011 20:45
Mr. Jolly wrote:
I think when he says 'slave' can be easily swapped for 'sheeple' which he has used in the pat. That alone deserves a decking, the posh arrogant twat. From loud mouthed obnoxious officer class at sandhurst to loud mouthed posh gobby obnoxious officer class amongst the NWO goons.

Maybe a bit harsh, but I'm in a bad mood.

Tell us about it on libcommunity. "Mr Jolly's Bad Mood Thread".