DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

Absolutely shameless plug: Anybody want some new music? Anybody like Hiphop/triphop?

1 post / 0 new
infektfm
Jul 20 2015 16:42
Absolutely shameless plug: Anybody want some new music? Anybody like Hiphop/triphop?

Hey, I am releasing an album for free soon. It has been like 9 years since my last album, and I really am excited about putting this out into the world. I uploaded a sampler of the new album (for streaming), and also the entirety of my 2007 album (for free download).

The 2007 album, "Sanctuary" is mostly an underground hiphop album. I made all the beats on it ( I do not rap) and had rappers from all over rap on it. I released it when I was 18. The fact that I was that young is betrayed by naive middle class Muslim-American anti-imperialist politics that are all over the album. I had no inkling of anarchist politics at that point in my life. Indeed, there is homophobic and misogynist language which I am terribly embarrassed of on the album -- not from my mouth, but it IS my album. It seemed commonplace in hiphop back then (still does), and I was someone raised on that music. If it offends anyone, I really, sincerely apologize. I put the album up there because I have no other previous releases to show anyone. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud of my production on there too -- well, at least for my age at the time. Anyways -- for people who like artists like Wu Tang, Tribe Called Quest, and so on.

My newest album is more of an instrumental electronic/hiphop/triphop album, for people who like artists like J Dilla, Radiohead, Flying Lotus, Daft Punk, Royksopp, Portishead, etc.

So...this is my soundcloud. https://soundcloud.com/badinfinity

And if you like what you hear, this is the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/badinfinitymusic

Much of the new album is influenced by continental philosophy, so it may be of some interest to some of you. I would say there is an anarchist aesthetic to it, but I don't know if that will be apparent to listeners.

If I could get even one person from here to check it out, I'll be super happy. I know people usually ignore these sorts of things, and that's quite alright.