'your disk quota of 500 MB.'

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Juan Conatz's picture
Juan Conatz
Oct 13 2012 03:30
'your disk quota of 500 MB.'
Quote:
The selected file finalveng.pdf could not be uploaded. The file is 46 MB which would exceed your disk quota of 500 MB.

I got this when trying upload a PDF. What gives?

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Oct 13 2012 06:46

After 500 MB you can't possibly be contributing anything useful so they block you. Your account will be banned soon too.
Communism thanks you for your help and wishes you the best for the future.
Either that or they'll extend your limit smile

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 13 2012 09:29

Well done!

You still got a way to go to catch up with me - think I'm on over 2 gig now.

But anyway your limit should be increased now (you may find that you have some additional powers on the site as well - please use them wisely and don't leave yourself logged in on any public computers!)

Juan Conatz's picture
Juan Conatz
Oct 13 2012 09:54

Ah, cool, thanks. It looks like I've gained access to the admin index, which doesn't look like there's much there relevant to me as I can already ban spammers, delete posts/threads, approve revisions, post in the library, etc.

I've been meaning to ask for a while, is splitting threads a time consuming task? Sometimes I see a thread dovetail into something else and needs to be split, but this is rarely done.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Oct 13 2012 10:40

It's pretty time consuming. At the moment you have to copy the post, repost it as a new post, edit the author/time posted details to match the original, then delete/unpublish the original. And repeat that for every post being split. A quicker way would be to quote all the relevant posts into a new OP, but that's not a proper split and not as easy to follow. There used to be a prune/graft module which made it easier (still had to be one post at a time, but moved the actual post, preserving author, date/time etc), I dunno if we could get that reinstalled.

wojtek
Oct 18 2012 13:32

I have the same issue as Juan in his OP.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 18 2012 14:09
wojtek wrote:
I have the same issue as Juan in his OP.

sorting this out for you now. Should be fine in a few minutes