DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

Things for people to test...

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nemo's picture
Nemo
Jul 26 2006 09:05
Things for people to test...

I have a suggestion. Rather than people -- and by that I mean me! wink -- sending the admins off on random tasks to fix, it would probably make more sense if there was a little organization. This thread could be used for the admins to announce what they are working on at the moment so that people can provide feedback on and help with those things. Or not, if it is a stupid idea.

libcom's picture
libcom
Jul 26 2006 09:07

Well, I set up rss feeds for the entire site (no comments yet, just original forum posts) last night - you should see a link in your left menu.

If you've got an rss reader or use firefox, try adding one and see how they come out.

When we get news and everything else transferred to here there'll be feeds for those as well.

ticking_fool
Jul 26 2006 09:18

Clicking on any the listed links for RSS feeds gives you this error message: 

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Don't think it's something I'm doing wrong, but it might be. 

libcom's picture
libcom
Jul 26 2006 09:25

RSS feeds are XML files with no formatting - you use them to generate lists of headlines elsewhere - like on your desktop or in firefox. So yeah they're supposed to look like that...

Nemo's picture
Nemo
Jul 26 2006 09:36

RSS feeds seem to work fine with aKregator. I don't use it very often, but I'll have a go at using today with the forums, and see what happens.

libcom's picture
libcom
Jul 26 2006 09:57

cool. You won't get replies yet, we've got some issues to iron out before we can make those feeds available, and they also won't appear in the main list from the left when they are working. Everything else ought to work though.

ticking_fool
Jul 26 2006 10:30

Ok, they work for bloglines.