DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

National Front still around?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ellar's picture
Ellar
Apr 7 2011 11:58
National Front still around?

I've started noticing people are writing 'NF' around my area (just on walls and stuff), I didn't take any notice at first but the last time I saw it they had done it over the top of some political (anti-capitalist) graffiti, am I being paranoid? Does the National Front still exist? or is it probably just a person wishing the NF was still around?

I know that the EDL has some support from white teens in my area but not much and UKIP get some support but nothing worth noting.

Harrison
Apr 7 2011 15:37
Ellar wrote:
I've started noticing people are writing 'NF' around my area (just on walls and stuff)

someone i know used to change it to AFC (arsenal football club), its quite easy to do if the've done the N linked up to the F. could probably also be changed to AF

as for whether it exists...

Wikipedia wrote:
On 14 September 2010, the NF publicity officer, Tom Linden, shared a debate with the Social Democratic and Labour Party MLA, John Dallat, on BBC Radio Foyle about the support the NF had in Coleraine. This gave the NF a chance to air its views, which resulted in the NF Coleraine organiser, Mark Brown, "thanking" John Dallat for helping the NF double its support in Coleraine through enquiries and membership.
gypsy
Apr 7 2011 15:38
Ellar wrote:
I've started noticing people are writing 'NF' around my area (just on walls and stuff), I didn't take any notice at first but the last time I saw it they had done it over the top of some political (anti-capitalist) graffiti, am I being paranoid? Does the National Front still exist? or is it probably just a person wishing the NF was still around?

I know that the EDL has some support from white teens in my area but not much and UKIP get some support but nothing worth noting.

Yeah they are still around mate.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 7 2011 15:39

It's probably one or a pair of idiot racist teenagers

Harrison
Apr 7 2011 15:41

tbh i think the worst thing about the EDL is not the EDL itself, but the fact it is acting as a honeypot to get people into far right politics, so they might enter even more nasty groups later on

this might be evidence of that happening, but i'm only guessing

welshboy's picture
welshboy
Apr 7 2011 18:02

The NF are vaguely active up here in Scotland. They're standing a couple of candidates in the central belt and seem to leaflet on a regular basis in Aberdeen. They are however still pretty much two men and a dog but they seem to have gained some members from the BNP fall out/split up here last year. One of the candidates ran for the BNP last year in Glasgow.

gypsy
Apr 7 2011 18:47
Ellar wrote:

I don't want to link an enemy site so I won't. But if your interested just do a google search and you can see their despicable website.

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Apr 7 2011 19:03

Does anyone have a picture of the amazing 'Stop Promoting Homosexuality' banner they brought to Gay Pride somewhere last year, or the year before?

welshboy's picture
welshboy
Apr 7 2011 19:15

Slightly altered version.