Minor site upgrade

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mike Harman
Sep 23 2009 07:26
Minor site upgrade

I just updated a load of modules on the server and changed how we're doing search. Search results might be a bit empty until the 24th September until everything's updated, but otherwise there shouldn't be too many noticeable changes. If you notice bugs post them here.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Sep 23 2009 10:01

I haven't noticed that deleting posts freezes the size, it does take aboout 30 seconds but it always has.

That annoying green 'updated' and 'new' legends are back when lookig at a forum and for some reason some posts I have read are showing up as unread.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Sep 23 2009 10:24

a second ago the html buttons for posting (url etc) were missing with the names of the buttons there as links. They've now disappeared.
I haven't been logged out but I'm beig asked for the captcha more often.

Mike Harman
Sep 23 2009 12:02
Quote:
A pretty minor one, but when deleting spammers, I previously would open the user tracker, open all posts in a new tab, and delete everything.

Now, if I delete the user first, it goes really funny with deleting the posts, and takes a few attempts (or did the one I've done so far!)

Also, seems like deleting stuff is freezing the site a bit - not as much as adding crap tho, seems about 30 seconds - a minute. And doesn't just freeze for me, checked on my phone at the same time and the whole site is not responding for that period.

I'm fairly sure the user tracker is running on a faster system now for views, but it'll need to do some work when things get deleted, so not necessarily much can be done about that, but you should delete posts first anyway (even if blocking the user first), since that's easier to work with.

Was deleting content dodgy before the upgrade too?

Mike Harman
Sep 23 2009 12:05
Quote:
That annoying green 'updated' and 'new' legends are back when lookig at a forum and for some reason some posts I have read are showing up as unread.

Going to be doing some theme cleanup soon hopefully, so will try to remember to look at this when I do that. I upgraded some of the forum software, so it's possible there's a new bug with that - let me know if it's keeps happening.

Mike Harman
Sep 23 2009 12:19

logging out - I've just added a 'remember me' checkbox to the login form. You'll need to log in next time you open your browser, but after that it should be more reliable.

Mike Harman
Sep 23 2009 16:34

Please add that as a minor issue now that we have http://libcom.org/issues

radicalgraffiti
Sep 28 2009 14:26

i'm not sure if this is a new thing but the "More like this" box next to articles is showing stuff from libcommunity, like for this article http://libcom.org/blog/trotspotting-everything-you-always-wanted-know-about-sects-were-afraid-ask-18092009 it links to http://libcom.org/forums/libcommunity/dickheads-work-23072009 and http://libcom.org/forums/libcommunity/taking-it-community-my-win-posts-are-deleted-other-forum-28082009

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Sep 28 2009 14:49

Yes, that's true, but it is very rare - that blog piece is a libcommunity blog piece. Let us know if it links inappropriately to any libcommunity threads though. Cheers!

Mike Harman
Oct 1 2009 06:52

I think that probably wouldn't link to those threads if the weeler spat was deleted...

Boris Badenov
Oct 2 2009 15:00
Jack wrote:
Keeps logging me out, or say I am logged out at least.

that happened to me yesterday (libcommunity worked fine though, for some reason).

also, I think the "updated" flag is pretty redundant, as if people were too stupid to figure out what the star means.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Oct 8 2009 16:20

doubt that this is connected but libcom was crawling along about 20 mins ago and was really slow last night too. It has been a couple of times over the last few days I think.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Oct 8 2009 19:01
Jack wrote:
Since the upgrade oisleep keeps getting logged out any time he tries to post, even if he does remember me. Getting his browser info etc.

Isn't that a minor improvement smile

Mike Harman
Oct 9 2009 04:42

Can he try another browser just to check? Which version of safari?

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Oct 9 2009 08:54
jack wrote:
Since the upgrade oisleep keeps getting logged out any time he tries to post, even if he does remember me.

seems to work ok using IE6 from work (even without having to remember jack while posting)

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 9 2009 09:07

Have you tried clearing all cookies?