Gurgaon Workers News - still interested?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
wojtek
Dec 26 2011 19:12
Gurgaon Workers News - still interested?

I was going to add the latest (45th) issue of the Gurgaon Workers Newsletter to the library, but noticed that the last entry so to speak was the 35th issue, way back in February. Are the admins or anyone else still interested in reading it?

x

RedEd's picture
RedEd
Dec 26 2011 19:27

I read much of the archived stuff in one go when I first found out about it. I can read it on their site, but I think archiving it on libcom would be a good idea, especially since one of the goals of libcom is to stop stuff dissapearing when sites go down, etc.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Dec 26 2011 19:35

Yeah! I think this must have just slipped through the cracks with all the other stuff we've been doing. There certainly hasn't been a conscious decision to drop it!

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 26 2011 19:39

We are, definitely, the only thing was that no one has had the time to post it up since then I guess. If you did want to do it that would be great - especially if you think you might be able to do it on a regular basis!

wojtek
Dec 26 2011 21:31

Sweet. Yeah, I'd be happy to go through the backlog, adding the newsletters to the library, and keep it up to date. I tell you, if it wasn't for this class struggle lark and football, I wouldn't know anything about geography and other peoples!

If I'm to set it out like this though, how do I do the book format, create a 'printer-friendly version' (html page) and add footnotes if necessary?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 26 2011 22:11

That would be brilliant!

How to do that is all in this how-to guide:
http://libcom.org/library/notes/content-guidelines/howto-article-submissions

well, the book outline and footnotes anyway. The printer friendly version is automatic. Any problem come up while you are doing it just ask and someone will help you ASAP. Don't worry about making mistakes either because an admin can always fix it

wojtek
Dec 26 2011 23:32

Thanks Steven.

wojtek
Feb 26 2012 18:38

Just a quick note to say I've not forgotten them, it's just so boring! Will get ON IT soon though, promise! x

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Feb 26 2012 23:02

Hey, no worries I know how it goes. TBH you posting up the random stuff which is not currently on and actively updated website like GWN is probably better anyway