DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

'Up' & 'Down' not working?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
slothjabber
Mar 5 2014 10:11
'Up' & 'Down' not working?

I'm getting error messges if I try to up a post. It was working earlier - maybe an hour ago - but seems to be broken now (unless it's a browser probelm of course).

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Mar 5 2014 10:28

Also, up and down have now switched places. I saw a post that had two up posts, and I was all like, now why did that get two downs? Turns out it was actually upped!

proletarian.
Mar 6 2014 15:24

What was the initial idea behind the rating system and what is the reflection so far? Personally, I don't like it. It's a bit too much like a popularity contest.

Hieronymous's picture
Hieronymous
Mar 6 2014 15:42
proletarian. wrote:
What was the initial idea behind the rating system and what is the reflection so far? Personally, I don't like it. It's a bit too much like a popularity contest.

Wasn't it just an attempt to compete with social media, like Facebook? Except with the bonus that it could be done anonymously, totally devoid of content? Just another plunge into The Shallows, no?

snipfool
Mar 6 2014 15:49
proletarian. wrote:

I think it's had its ups and downs.

jolasmo
Mar 6 2014 16:47

I think it had something to do with the WANKY MIDDLE GROUND or something.

Personally I dunno if it adds all that much by it's pretty unobtrusive and for people that are new to the forum I think it acts as a useful barometer of libcom's opinion.

~J.

the button's picture
the button
Mar 6 2014 17:13

It's also a pretty good way of accidentally annoying people if you're reading LibCom on a phone or tablet.

snipfool
Mar 6 2014 17:20
the button wrote:
It's also a pretty good way of accidentally annoying people if you're reading LibCom on a phone or tablet.

spam!

RedEd's picture
RedEd
Mar 7 2014 16:21
Chilli Sauce wrote:
Also, up and down have now switched places. I saw a post that had two up posts, and I was all like, now why did that get two downs? Turns out it was actually upped!

Libcom admins have obviously been reading 'The World Turned Upside Down' by Christopher hill and took it a bit too literally.