Fash get in in Leeds

One of the 30 odd BNP councillors who have been elected over the last week is Chris beverley in Leeds in Morley south ward who was elected a week ago. He won a whopping 2,083 votes and the fash also came second in other Leeds wards such as armley, Bramley, and Stanningley, Killingbeck, Seacroft, Middleton park, and Morley north. There is a picture of beverley in the yorkshre post photographed alonside a smug Nick Griffin and to be honest he has ever right to be smug. His party have doubled their representation in the town halls and will probably increase their membership through the extra publicity. I for one am very worried about it. What do you suggest we do. sad

Posted By

workingclassandproud
May 11 2006 22:05

Attached files

Comments

Norm
May 12 2006 00:25

Not really sure comrade.

Perhaps as you suggested in the other thread, getting stuck in there and discussing problems with the public, and through mostly questioning them rather than attempting to tell them, point out that perhaps it's the authorities in their false communities of "white/british people" etc that are to blame, and not other members of their *real* comunity the working class, who they have been led to believe are totally different and the cause of many of their problems.

I'd be up for this, some indirect antifa in Leeds. Any additions/better ideas?

Steven.
May 12 2006 00:40

I dunno I think anarchists tend to over-hype the far right. I mean most people won't even vote for the lib dems cos they see it as a wasted vote to an irrelevant party who'll never get in. And obviously they're way way bigger than the BNP. I'd be tempted to say it's best to largely ignore them other than trying to expose lies about various topics (immigration/immigrants, racial statistics etc.) and try to fill the void that they try to for workers' organisation which can actually win concrete improvements for people, at work and where they live. Something the BNP will always be incapable of.

Norm
May 12 2006 00:55
John. wrote:

and try to fill the void that they try to for workers' organisation which can actually win concrete improvements for people, at work and where they live. Something the BNP will always be incapable of.

I'd agree totally (I agree anyway), but there's this nagging feeling that the right will continue to scapegoat the issues onto immigrants and people of other races until the workers no longer support leftist attempts of "interfering".

I mean, the representative system is obviously of no use to us except to gain an idea of the way people are thinking in certain areas... and what with the results we've seen... I think we have enough to be concerned about.

Steven.
May 12 2006 00:57
Norm wrote:
until the workers no longer support leftist attempts of "interfering".

What do you mean by this?

PS I just thought, asking what we should do about the BNP, I'm not sure is a good question. It would be similar to the BNP asking themselves "what can we do about the SWP/anarchists", which I'm pretty sure they won't have done. Also us in libcom.org group have our view on what can/should be done here: http://www.libcom.org/thought/manifesto/fascism/

Norm
May 12 2006 01:24
John. wrote:
Norm wrote:
until the workers no longer support leftist attempts of "interfering".

What do you mean by this?

Just that the right can attempt to distract people from the actual cause of any problems they're experiencing, and focus them on a false cause of immigration or racism... shifting their concerns from the issues we'd be tackling to win improvements for them onto those other "issues", making it appear as if people coming from the angle of attacking capital to win results are interfering with what the right will have led them to view as the more important attack on immigration.

It's pretty weak, and so it probably isn't a problem anyway. But still, it was just nagging at me...

Norm
May 12 2006 01:36

Thanks for the link by the way.