Just kicked a gang of drug dealers out of the centre

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lazlo_Woodbine
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Nov 15 2005 00:34
Just kicked a gang of drug dealers out of the centre

Came into the social centre, on the computers, just about to reply on all the jucy 'class' thread and found a gang of drug dealers had got into the place through hte fire escape and had to kick them out.. called the police eventually... hard core...

Lazlo_Woodbine
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Nov 15 2005 00:47

Well, they're barred, and I'm going to give a statement tomorrow. Now officially helping the polis with their enquiries. roll eyes

They're prob the same crew who mugged a kid in the toilets; glad they're gone.

Lazlo_Woodbine
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Nov 15 2005 01:18

BTW, not me alone, was 4 of us; 5 of them. They were v. pissed, however.

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Offline
Joined: 20-04-05
Nov 15 2005 06:39
Lazlo_Woodbine wrote:
BTW, not me alone.

grin

kalabine
Offline
Joined: 27-03-04
Nov 15 2005 09:17

fairplay!

Jason Cortez
Offline
Joined: 14-11-04
Nov 15 2005 09:26

YOU FASCIST!!!!!!!!

tongue Hope there's no reprisials black bloc

JDMF's picture
JDMF
Offline
Joined: 21-05-04
Nov 15 2005 09:47

shit mate, hope everyone is ok. Well done!

wheresmyshoes's picture
wheresmyshoes
Offline
Joined: 19-09-03
Nov 15 2005 12:03

Bumbum that's awesome well done!!! Mr. T

BB
Offline
Joined: 12-08-04
Nov 15 2005 12:48

Good on ya!

Q
Offline
Joined: 15-11-05
Nov 15 2005 15:22
Lazlo_Woodbine wrote:
Well, they're barred, and I'm going to give a statement tomorrow. Now officially helping the polis with their enquiries. roll eyes

They're prob the same crew who mugged a kid in the toilets; glad they're gone.

I thought this was a libertarian discussion board surely we are all anti-police, we should be trying to sort out these issues ourselves and not relying on the state to solve our problems. Its incredible that there seems to be so much support for this way of sorting stuff out.

I realise that its difficult, especially in community groups that may not be libertarian by definition to organise and defend themselves from predatory groups.. but come on... i also recognise that drug dealers are petty shits preying on their communities, but could their behaivour be an expression of class antagonism?

Im confused...and angry...I hope everyone on here isnt so pro-pig.

Cath.x

Steve
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
Nov 15 2005 15:28

Sounds like they did sort it out themselves to me.

Lazlo_Woodbine
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Nov 15 2005 15:32
Q wrote:
we should be trying to sort out these issues ourselves and not relying on the state to solve our problems.

If this had happened on a night when the bar was open, a crew of regulars and other community members would have backed me up and there'd have been no need to call the police. As it was, we were outnumbered, and as steve says, we did sort it ourselves, it was only when the barred gang started to smash windows that we called the cops.

Other times I've been glad to see the police include when a slumlord was illegally evicting a squat I was defending, and when lorry drivers were attempting to run over people blockading the road. wink

" i also recognise that drug dealers are petty shits preying on their communities, but could their behaivour be an expression of class antagonism? "

Are you having a laugh?

confused

Q
Offline
Joined: 15-11-05
Nov 15 2005 15:43

Im new to this...im not a political activist and im also not laughing.....why the hell are you giving a statement to the police?

just because you are powerless to exclude or punish individuals/ groups for anti-social behaivour?

Sorry if I offended you..im just shocked ...

cath.x

Lazlo_Woodbine
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Nov 15 2005 15:52

You are herbert read and I claim my £5

Lazlo_Woodbine
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Nov 15 2005 15:55
Q wrote:
why the hell are you giving a statement to the police?

In the muddle of calling 999 I gave them my real name embarrassed

JDMF's picture
JDMF
Offline
Joined: 21-05-04
Nov 15 2005 16:16
Lazlo_Woodbine wrote:
Q wrote:
why the hell are you giving a statement to the police?

In the muddle of calling 999 I gave them my real name embarrassed

You should have just said "its Woodbine, Lazlo Woodbine" and we would be one step closer to libertarian communism. wink

This is the way i look at it: drug pushers are scum, cops are scum, let them deal with eachother and spend time on eachother - i have better things to occupy my life with.

Lazlo_Woodbine
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Nov 15 2005 16:23

It was late, the air was dank with the smell of rotting parchment, and the streets ran with the piss of junior aristocrats, as Lazlo Woodbine confronted the drug dealers on the mean streets of East Oxford.

"Buddy, you need to vacate the premises", Woodbine stated

"A vacant premise? Like the proposition of a three-class analysis, you mean?", spat back the drunken reefer-pusher.

"Don't get smart with me. Knowing your coordinator class from your labour aristocrat can mean the difference between community organisation and anarchist management, if you know what I mean, and I'm sure you do."

Ramona's picture
Ramona
Offline
Joined: 19-09-03
Nov 15 2005 16:23

Nice one Lazlo.

I agree with revol and JDMF here. I can see what cath is saying, but in reality it's not so easy to juts rely on "the movement" to sort stuff out. What movement, anyway? It would be nice to be able to deal with shit like this in a framework that doesn't involve cops and that's something to work towards but there just aren't the resources as it stands.

I'd hardly call Lazlo pro-pig.

kalabine
Offline
Joined: 27-03-04
Nov 15 2005 16:26
Lazlo_Woodbine wrote:
You are herbert read and I claim my £5

i think the tagline suggests you've earned that fiver

Ramona's picture
Ramona
Offline
Joined: 19-09-03
Nov 15 2005 16:33

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure....

JDMF's picture
JDMF
Offline
Joined: 21-05-04
Nov 15 2005 16:49
zobag wrote:
I'd hardly call Lazlo pro-pig.

he is vegan, so technically he is very pro pigs.

Lazlo_Woodbine
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Nov 15 2005 16:51

I love pigs

Q
Offline
Joined: 15-11-05
Nov 15 2005 17:12

Hi again,

Did I say something wrong? I leave my house for a few hours then theres all these pig photos? smile

Fair enough about your explanations, it just sounded very wierd thats all not knowing who is who.

cath.x

Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Nov 15 2005 17:26
Lazlo_Woodbine wrote:
the drunken reefer-pusher.

They were only selling POT??

Lazlo_Woodbine
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Nov 15 2005 17:27
Alan_is_Fucking_Dead wrote:
Lazlo_Woodbine wrote:
the drunken reefer-pusher.

They were only selling POT??

It was a fictionalisation roll eyes Anyway, i didn't kick them out and bar them for dealing.

Ramona's picture
Ramona
Offline
Joined: 19-09-03
Nov 15 2005 17:28
Q wrote:
Hi again,

Did I say something wrong? I leave my house for a few hours then theres all these pig photos? smile

Fair enough about your explanations, it just sounded very wierd thats all not knowing who is who.

cath.x

It's only one pig photo.

Nah, you didn't say anything wrong, people just disagreed with you calling laz "pro-pig".

Lazy Riser's picture
Lazy Riser
Offline
Joined: 6-05-05
Nov 15 2005 18:28

Hi

Quote:
i didn't kick them out and bar them for dealing

Ok. Then why the title of this thread…

Quote:
Just kicked a gang of drug dealers out of the centre

I’m getting mixed messages off you, you fascist.

Love

LR

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Offline
Joined: 20-04-05
Nov 15 2005 18:33

because he kicked drug dealers out of the centre confused

wheresmyshoes's picture
wheresmyshoes
Offline
Joined: 19-09-03
Nov 15 2005 19:27

Lazlo? He's a warrior.

lucy82
Offline
Joined: 31-05-04
Nov 15 2005 19:51
Quote:
It was late, the air was dank with the smell of rotting parchment, and the streets ran with the piss of junior aristocrats, as Lazlo Woodbine confronted the drug dealers on the mean streets of East Oxford.

"Buddy, you need to vacate the premises", Woodbine stated

"A vacant premise? Like the proposition of a three-class analysis, you mean?", spat back the drunken reefer-pusher.

"Don't get smart with me. Knowing your coordinator class from your labour aristocrat can mean the difference between community organisation and anarchist management, if you know what I mean, and I'm sure you do."

i taught you well grasshopper. soon all of libcom will be full of little stories and you will be ready to leave the temple. Mr. T

<edited cause i'm bored. y'know i really should post something deeply worthy and political on libcom but i can't be arsed>